Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-16-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Bib

Morning - thanks for your concern but I was just being a grumpy git. Nice thing about this community is seeing it ok to be grumpy and to expect some not-so-good times.

I don't count days but my day 1 was Sunday 9th July.

I'm not going to drink any alcohol today. I'm dropping kids to school and then have to go to work for a bit. I'm going to have something nice to eat for lunch then pick one kid up. I've got a few errands to run with him then I'm going to cook chicken kebabs for tea. Oh yeah and the dr in the middle of all that. So quite busy.

Waking up sober is the best, I'm not sure which is better going to sleep sober or waking up sober.

Nobody is going to force me to drink today and Im sure as hell not going to choose it myself
Old 07-17-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober81 View Post
Back to day 1.. I'm really not having a good run atm. The last few weeks ive had 4 days off each week but across the other 3 days i've been drinking about 50 standard drinks.
I'm really feeling defeated atm..
Please give me strength.
Keep at it sober. Glad you are here.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:45 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 12 today, got a 5 hour drive back home and then I'll go straight to the gym and after that attempt to fix a punctured tyre on my bike. I never look forward to going home as that's when the cravings hit most, I am determined to not let it control me, I want to be free again.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Well day 1 in the bag. Even just came across some booze my wife must of left in the fridge. No interest in touching it... I need to get my **** together.

I have 3 vices, drinking, smoking when drunk (mainly on weekends) & abusing dexamphetime on weekends. I believe my heavy drinking gets triggered by the dexies.
I want to have zero vices, I know I can do this.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:10 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Day 4 here and feeling ok.

Got in from work at 2am, woke up at 7:30 and needed the loo but somebody was in there. 15 minutes later they were STILL in there so had to get dressed and nip to town to use a public one there!So can't WAIT to move in under 2 weeks! Ah well, on the plus side - a milky coffee and 8,324 steps under my belt and it's only 10:10am here in the UK!

Hang on in there everyone, it IS worth it x
Old 07-17-2017, 02:17 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Well I'm sorry to say but I'm back to Day 1 again. Not going to punish myself too much as this will only make me sad. I'm going to buy a nice fruity soft drink and pour that over ice and drink it through the day. Today IS the first day of the rest of my life. I am going to work on myself this week. I want to be strong and happy.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:57 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Administrator

No need to beat yourself up at all Susie but maybe thinking a bit more about what happened and how you could deal with it differently in future could help?

D
Old 07-17-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Good morning July class. One week in the books for me. Wishing everyone a great week. Very hot here in middle USA. 90s and sunny all week it appears. I'm so much more clear-headed and confident this Monday than I was a week ago today. We can do this. One day at a time. I will not drink today, and I will not change my mind about it, under any circumstances.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Count me in. I've been watching this thread all month, and you all seem like a good bunch of people. I was actually recently waiting to see if there'd be anyone say they were on Day 1 so that I could join them.

So to Sober81 and Susiegirl, take a positive in that your recent posts were
what made me join. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Sober since 7/10/17

Good morning July'ers,

Just catching up after a busy, and sober weekend. As expected Friday and Saturday were very difficult days. Strange thing is the cravings started just after lunch both days which is hours before I ever drink. I think this is because subconsciously I give my self permission to drink around that time on those days.

I went for a nice little hike on Saturday. It was a short hike(only a mile and a half loop) with a pretty nice payout. I would post a picture but it says I need more posts before doing so

Sunday we took a trip to a local fair that was so small we were out of there in half an hour, lol. Since there was some extra time I cleaned out the stalls in the barn and watch a little bit of red sox.

I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend. I will catch up on the posts from the weekend shortly.

Day 8
Old 07-17-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Well, my son has finally managed a smidgen of internet access - literally just enough to say he is in Uganda ok. And that was it !

Either way, HUGE relief and can now concentrate on other things -like being supportive of others here rather than just feeling sorry for myself !

Hugs to all x
Old 07-17-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hello to all the July'ers ... I joined SR in July of '16.

What a wonderful group.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Sober since 7/10/17

Originally Posted by Sober81 View Post
Well day 1 in the bag. Even just came across some booze my wife must of left in the fridge. No interest in touching it... I need to get my **** together.

I have 3 vices, drinking, smoking when drunk (mainly on weekends) & abusing dexamphetime on weekends. I believe my heavy drinking gets triggered by the dexies.
I want to have zero vices, I know I can do this.
Are you quitting all three at once?
Old 07-17-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Bib

My AV has gone off the charts! Where's that come from?? Totally convincingly voice that I might as well drink now as I will at some point, I can never do it, I'm a hopeless drunk and should just get on with it.

I need my bed but can't get there for theee hours. This is schizo I'm having a conversation in my head but losing the argument with myself. Agggggghhhhhhh
Old 07-17-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bib View Post
My AV has gone off the charts! Where's that come from?? Totally convincingly voice that I might as well drink now as I will at some point, I can never do it, I'm a hopeless drunk and should just get on with it.

I need my bed but can't get there for theee hours. This is schizo I'm having a conversation in my head but losing the argument with myself. Agggggghhhhhhh
If you can, stay here and post. We can fight your AV with you. You are not hopeless and you can beat it down. It is lying to you.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Waking up sober is the best, I'm not sure which is better going to sleep sober or waking up sober.

Nobody is going to force me to drink today and Im sure as hell not going to choose it myself
This was you earlier - you do have the strength and the resolve. You can kick that AV in to touch
Old 07-17-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Bib - maybe grab a snack? You can get thought this... Maybe your body needs a little boost.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Bib

Originally Posted by StartAnew68 View Post
If you can, stay here and post. We can fight your AV with you. You are not hopeless and you can beat it down. It is lying to you.
Still here. I think maybe I'm thirsty going to get something sweet and non alcoholic down my neck!
Old 07-17-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Still here. I think maybe I'm thirsty going to get something sweet and non alcoholic down my neck!
Sounds like a plan!

When AV knocks. ...remember the HALTS
Ask yourself .. Am I ...

Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired
Sad
Old 07-17-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Sober since 7/10/17

Fight that jerk off Bid. This will pass as soon as you make your mind up not to drink today.