Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-15-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Day 14. Second sober Saturday.

Glad to read about everyone's sober weekends so far. Waking up on Sunday morning used to be the worst ever. Seemed to get worse each time too.

Dropped a few pounds this week. An unexpected bonus because I haven't been trying that much. Though I suspect it may just be the post-alcohol bloat subsiding a bit, so not getting too carried away.

Continuing with healthy eating and doing a bit of exercise today. Trying not too focus too much on it though as this is a mistake I have made in the past. Getting stressed about the scales and not making enough progress could sometimes lead me to a relapse. Ridiculous, I know, but it never did take much to get me to go back. Just giving myself a bit of a break this time round.

Keep going everyone - lets get through to next week.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

RuneStone is in

8 days sober and I'm beginning to feel the first twinges of wellness.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Welcome Runestone.

I just posted on your other thread but you are already here! You are in the right place. Well done on the 8 days.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:45 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Thanks jenuk!
Old 07-15-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 7 here. Woo hooooo! Meeting up for Starbucks (my other addiction :P) later tonight with a friend tonight to sit outside n talk. Running errands today. Hope u all have a fabulous sober Saturday!
Old 07-15-2017, 11:29 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StartAnew68 View Post
Good morning all, hope everyone is well.

In 30 mins time my son's plane will be taking off for Amsterdam. He'll take another plane, landing in Nairobi tonight. In the morning he flies to Entebbe where somebody will meet him and put him on the bus to the charity he'll be helping at for two weeks.

He'll be back home on the 30th. And I'm already counting the hours!

But I am determined to have over two weeks of sobriety under my belt when I pick him up!

Stay strong folks and have a good weekend x
My sis-in-law spent many years in Uganda, very cool for your son! She LOVED it there. Hope your son has a wonderfully fulfilling experience. And an even better one coming home to you sober!!
Old 07-15-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishoutawatta View Post
Morning, all!

Another day ahead -- a day to be free from alcohol, and free from self-loathing! A day to be productive (I've got a side yard to clear up so we can have some deck-work done). A day to enjoy our new puppy. A day to look back on with satisfaction.

Hang in there folks!
What kind of puppy Fish? How old?

Hope you have a GREAT productive day. Sweating from hard work feels so much better than sweating from booze or detoxing!!
Old 07-15-2017, 11:37 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Day 4 today! Woke up feeling great!! Down 2 pounds (I'm happy for anything!)

Have any of you felt good for a few days, only to feel worse in the later days? Or does it just keep getting better? I expect there will be some not so great days as my body adjusts of course, but I wasn't a heavy heavy drinker, but drank enough . . . my withdrawals have been quite tolerable with chills, sweating, mild nausea and my face feeling warm sometimes. Just wondering if I shouldn't get too excited that this is "all" I'm feeling. Thoughts?
Old 07-15-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wrigley119 View Post
What kind of puppy Fish? How old?

Hope you have a GREAT productive day. Sweating from hard work feels so much better than sweating from booze or detoxing!!
11-1/2 week-old English Cream Golden Retriever. She's a sweetie, except when she isn't.

Lucky that the weather here today is cooler than usual. Overcast, making it a bit muggy (for Colorado), but keeping the temps down. So, sweating isn't as big an issue as it could be. But the work is great.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishoutawatta View Post
11-1/2 week-old English Cream Golden Retriever. She's a sweetie, except when she isn't.

Lucky that the weather here today is cooler than usual. Overcast, making it a bit muggy (for Colorado), but keeping the temps down. So, sweating isn't as big an issue as it could be. But the work is great.
That's awesome! We have a 7 1/2 month old ADORABLE silver lab puppy who is the biggest pain in the ass right now. I know she'll calm down eventually and be a great dog, but ugh, puppies. Good thing they're cute! Have a great day!
Old 07-15-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Bib

Going to bed sober. Goodnight everyone see you tomorrow for another sober day 👍
Old 07-15-2017, 04:14 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, a bit nervous as this is my first post.
Today is yet another day one for me, but my first actually on this forum, and hopefully my last ever. Recently my mother has been spiralling out of control with her alcohol addiction, and though I have been trying to quit for months, it's really hit me that I need to get this horrible thing out of my life because I do not want to turn out like her. I'm so sick of letting myself and my family down.
Hope you are all doing well in your sobriety.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to everyone - great progress stories
congrats to all the 'weekers' and to Jenuk for 2 weeks )

forewarned is forearmed Mandosca - you can doi this!

Welcome Lizz and RuneStone - great to have you join us

D
Old 07-15-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Morning of day 8. First Saturday done.

My thoughts are:

1. I figure that out if the last eight days I would have drank at least three of them and maybe four.

2. I normally get up somewhere between 4 and 5:30. Today it was just before 7:30. As good as sleep as I've had since the last time I had some sobriety under my belt.

3. I'm a regular gym goer but yesterday I cycled to the gym, worked out, cycled back, then went swimming with my youngest (won't mention knackering my back racing my daughter though, oomph too late). Today I'm going to my daughter's hip hop recital. So an all round active, productive and seductive weekend.

4. I never weight myself rather judge myself by the mirror and how clothes fit. I have certainly lost some bloat.

5. Lastly I got two different invites to go out drinking last night. I felt bad refusing but not because I couldn't drink but because I felt I was letting down friends. One of the invites was from my friend who is very sociable and likes going out but isn't a drinker. He slowly sups one drink per bar. Indeed he kind of looks down on "drunkards".

6. Tomorrow is a national holiday here, I'm happy and sober and all is good in the world.

Hope everyone has a great remainder of the weekend.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Administrator

Isn't it funny tho Midton - I'd think loads about not letting my mates down., but nary a thought about letting myself down?...

D
Old 07-15-2017, 08:38 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Howdy everyone,
Hope the weekend has been good and sober for all! Day 10 finishing up for me, can't remember last time went over 5 days sober, and now at 10 and going!!! Had several invites to go drinking, but came up with reasons not to.

Hope everyone is doing ok, and able to push the AV away.

Take care everyone. I'm always willing to chat if anyone wants..
Old 07-16-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Bib

Morning. I'm not counting days but I'm not going to drink alcohol today. Woken up (it's 8am here) feeling sober and head-clear.

I'm going for a jog this morning, then going to chill at home. Eat something nice for lunch, if I've got nothing to do this afternoon I'll go to bed. I'm cooking a roast this evening and then to bed sober.

Nobody is going to force a drink in to my hand or even worse (please god no) down my throat. I'm not going to choose it for myself.

6-10 pints a day, everyday, for 18 years. Absolutely completely utterly insane, it took me to the brink of losing everything and but for the grace of god i would have lost everything. That and the love, support of a good woman. I am sober for me because I feel good but I actually cry often at the idea of making her life manageable again
Old 07-16-2017, 01:58 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in for day 15 Sunday morning.

Off to visit family today and go for Sunday lunch.

When I think back to all the times when I use to do this hungover. Shocking. Barely able to function, sick and exhausted. I cant even imagine doing today in that kind of state. So relieved not to wake up ill this morning.

Welcome to lizz91 and anyone starting today. On to week 3.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:20 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Day 11 for me now, finishing work in Germany then have a long road trip back to England. I should be back home tomorrow where I'll have 4 days off, back in my home time is where I need to remain vigilant the most. I've already started seeing who real friends are as some don't won't to know me anymore since I decided to quit all. I just plan on keeping myself busy and constantly remind myself of how good sober life will be.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Good morning, day 7. Happy to be here. Had a wonderful day yesterday with my grands. Actually, they spent the night. Taking them home later today. Got a fair amount of sleep, feeling pretty decent. Congrats to everyone! Im making today another sober day.