last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-one-20.html

D
Old 06-19-2017, 01:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 06-19-2017, 02:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Its day 15 for me. I used to smoke at least 2 cigarettes per days I have avoided 60+ cigarettes.
Here in my country a cigarette cost about $0.4. which means I have saved about $25.
No alcohol, no tobacco in my body for 15 days now!!! (Half a month)
I am so happy. Thank you everyone!!!
Old 06-19-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Haven't checked in for a while. Day 22 here. I honestly never thought I'd make it this far. I definitely wouldn't have if it weren't for the awesome support of SR.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Still here

Day three today. I had a moment of truth yesterday- I went to the theater with a friend and they missed the part of my text saying that I wasn't drinking, and they turned up with a bottle of wine. It was easy to say no as I poured a couple of glasses for her.

There was a moment though, at the show, when a voice in my head said how nice it would be to get a drink at intermission, then go home and finish the wine (which would inevitably lead to me walking to the shop for a couple more bottles).

I remembered everything that I've read and said here and decided that no, this time I'm doing this. SR really gave me the strength. When I got home I gave my friend a cup of tea and after she left I just dumped out the rest of the bottle.

Thank you all! Without SR I really think I'd have given in. I still can't sleep but I'm so grateful for another sober day 😂
Old 06-19-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Still here

(Sorry, reposted by mistake - still figuring this out!
Old 06-19-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 23 Monday ughhhh lol. I hope everyone has a great sober week! Woo hoo for part 2!!! Keep posting people ! Let's get to part 3 before the months is over Junebugs!!!
Old 06-19-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

That's a big step forward, Beedebea! Great job!

Wishing everyone a safe and sober day!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

HI all! I'm still here! Had a fantastic weekend. Did have some cravings Friday night, but had a long hilly run planned for Saturday so waking without a hangover was an inspiration and later a reward. Saturday my mom came for a visit and I told her that I quit drinking. She's the first person that hasn't tried to bargain that away from me a bit. I think she was very worried about my drinking.

Anyway, I am at DAY 15!!!!

Welcome to all the new people, such a great group here!

Last edited by applewakesup; 06-19-2017 at 09:21 AM. Reason: accidentally posted before I was ready.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Slinking back in to try again.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 13 for me......

Have upped my exercise to try and get rid of the "alcohol weight" - went for a very long walk, which in 30 degree heat is not much fun - trying to not eat so much sweet stuff also.

Today the cravings have not been too bad, but I'm still waking up at 3.30am. I got into that habit after I'd drank. I don't suppose you can put right years of abuse overnight.
Have a sober, happy day Junebugs!!!
Old 06-19-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So I have a question or in need of enlightenment or a reminder... I was looking through some recent photos of when I was drinking on an adventure and it was an awesome time... And just the thought of those good and fun times makes me all the more confused... because it makes me want to feel that way at that time... so to that I'll say, I ended up being cut off, thrown out of that bar, and the next one and ended up as usual, puking and hung over... The confusing part is why can't some of us stop at that place... that serene place where the endorphin's are just kicking in... I've been going in and out of drinking for years. But I know I can attain that true inner happiness without alcohol, it's just getting through these 'good' memories or the good part of the high memories that is proving to be the latest challenge. Even though I looked at these photos, I do not want to drink at all. But I did feel a lil' butterflies in my tummy and smiled because even though it went into excess it was a fun time. Strange how we can rationalize all the bad stuff and only reflect on the fun part.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey all! Day 18 for me. Thank you Dee for starting a new thread!

Hi Sunshine! I've gone through that exact same thought process. I always wanted the buzz happy feeling, I just kept going. There were times when I could moderate and stop myself when I had that feeling (this is when I told myself before I started drinking to stop after a couple) but inevitably I'd start up again.
I just think we can't stop after a couple even if we're successful sometimes, we'll end up like you said, puking all over the place, blacking out, etc. My issue is also that even if I just had a couple and stopped, the seed was planted and I'd want "just a couple" the next night and the next. Before I knew it I was drinking heavily each night.

BB-good job on not listening to that little voice!
Old 06-19-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

CnGY congrats on 23 days!!

Apple, did it feel good to tell your mom? I bet she was happy too. I haven't really told my family, but they don't drink too much and my parents live in Nevada so I only see them 3x a year (we talk every week though).
Old 06-19-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations everyone! I'm on Day 1 (again) after an epic bender. Feeling ashamed of what I might have done over the weekend, but also feeling excited about my decision to quit and what the future might bring!
Old 06-19-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I've gone through those second thoughts, too, and (as I tend to be) was very methodical in exploring them over the years. Setting a limit on how much vodka I could drink per day, drinking only wine, drinking only on weekends, only on holidays, etc. The catch was always that I wanted that freewheeling loose feeling (I'm normally a somewhat uptight person), so stopping short of that ... what's the fun in that? And back down the slippery slope I'd go... vodka's cheaper than wine in terms of alcohol... just this Thursday... I'll get started a little early this Saturday... and so on.
I'm finally facing the fact that I never really liked drinking, I just liked getting drunk. Efforts at moderation for me will always escalate.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Here you are!!

I thought I'd lost my fellow June Bugs!
I didn't know the 500 post rule.
*whew*
I'm just checking in at *drum roll, please*
10 DAYS CLEAN AND SOBER!!!!
Double digits, you guys!!
I feel so different, so alive and things feel so new to me without drugging or drinking.
Thanks to all of you here and to this site in general.
How is everyone else doing??
Old 06-19-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by striving4 View Post
Congratulations everyone! I'm on Day 1 (again) after an epic bender. Feeling ashamed of what I might have done over the weekend, but also feeling excited about my decision to quit and what the future might bring!
Don't be ashamed.
You're right back here!!!
Old 06-19-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you found us FeelingL0st

D
Old 06-19-2017, 04:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Outonthetiles (what does that mean?)

I made it! Day 8. I was the driver for an epic wine tasting and trip to the
beach for an early dinner. I focused on the food and funny conversations
(and irritating/cranky drunk friends!) rather than on missing the taste of
the wine. Wow, the halibut tostadas never tasted better! And the most
drunk person asked me a few times if I was "ok to drive" . . . and I wasn't
even drinking! So it was a wonderful Father's Day.

AND my somewhat drunk girlfriend was REALLY proud of me.
It felt really good, because previous trips I would be drinking in
the morning on about the 2nd or 3rd day of the trip . . .

Sober week to all!