Notices

Class of June 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 06-23-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
DJ1

Thank you for suggesting Risky Drinking just watched it was a great way to start off Day 1 again
Old 06-23-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DJ1 View Post
Thank you for suggesting Risky Drinking just watched it was a great way to start off Day 1 again
Excellent it probably saved the day for me today.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Great Job on Day 8 Susie!!

Stick with this and YOU will be the one hosting the cool parties
and your Ex and his concubine will the jealous ones!

Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
Day 8 for me today and I feel sooooo tired. Might just have to have a little nap. Its my daughters 11th birthday on Sunday and its her party tonight where the ex and his current partner are taking her and her friends. I have paid for half but feel like I missing out. I do feel pushed out as if I' not needed anymore.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Kats - thanks so much for this!

Day 13 for me (or so) which is another danger zone,
esp. on a Friday night - so these reminders of the importance
of this are so important.

THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I'm not sure what day I'm on, I believe it's day 20 or 21. I can't believe I lost count but I'll check my past posts.

I haven't thought about drinking at all the past couple of days. I imagine the feeling will come and go. I just notice how much better I feel and how much better situations are because they weren't tainted by me being smashed. Like, little things like, Oh yeah, I watched that movie and actually remember it because I wasn't drunk. Or, I talked to my friend the other night and I don't have to text again asking what was it again we agreed to? And did she know I was drunk (probably I'm pretty sure she did!)

I noticed the little things really count and go a long way to making me feel how worth it is and how I need to keep going forward.

Last time I relapsed I had over 30 days, then thought I could control it with a drink here or there. Or, I just thought this time would be different somehow.
That ended with me doing a 2 week binge where I drank EVERY SINGLE NIGHT
trying to hide it. I don't want to get into that rut again so I'm trying my hardest not to pick up that first drink. It's been nice the last few days that it hasn't been on my mind. I don't know when it will come back but right now I don't even want to drink at all. Loving this feeling!!
Old 06-23-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lascaux View Post
Katsmeeyow "Last time I relapsed I had over 30 days, then thought I could control it with a drink here or there. Or, I just thought this time would be different somehow. That ended with me doing a 2 week binge where I drank EVERY SINGLE NIGHT trying to hide it. "

Thank you for this post, Kats, very timely - I'm at that stage where my sick brain is starting to think "If I got thirty days I could reward myself by having just one little binge". I've got to come up with some better rewards!
I'm so glad this was timely for you. I've got to come up with a new reward too, the celebratory drink (s) I had last time didn't quite work out for me!
Old 06-23-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blondsober View Post
Kats - thanks so much for this!

Day 13 for me (or so) which is another danger zone,
esp. on a Friday night - so these reminders of the importance
of this are so important.

THANK YOU!
Agree completely, important to keep this in our mind. It is the danger zone, the weekend was my favorite nights to drink. Friday and Saturday night and I could sleep off the hangovers on Sunday.

And I've got Kenny Loggins Danger Zone song stuck in my head
Old 06-23-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

It's Friday evening, I'm by myself curled up with my dog watching a stupid movie. Brie, crackers and fizzy water. No wine!

I've been bracing myself for cravings and to have to fight off the urge to go to my local shop but so far so good. As a bonus, my ex, who has been away for almost a month, forgot that he'd made plans tomorrow night so I get a bonus night with my daughter, which is a great way to ease into spending the weekends that she is away without crawling into bed and drinking wine like water.

In an hour or two it will have been a week. That feels good. Thank you all for being here!
Old 06-23-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rainypnw View Post
Day 12 today. I'm worried about the coming week. My partner is headed out of town for 10 days. My AV has been really loud about having that many days alone.

My sister will be visiting this weekend and we were drinking buddies. She knows that I'm not drinking....hopefully that will help. Just feeling really anxious about staying sober for the next week and a half. I do know that I don't want to have to go through the first 10 days all over again.
Hi Rainy,

oh gosh that would be a huge one for me too. In the past that would have been a dream come true. Or as it turns out, a nightmare come to life.

I was alone two different weekends fri-sun in the first 10 days of my sobriety. (and I know I've mentioned several times drinking alone was my only way to drink). Keep remembering those first 10 days (and all the other days before that!), post here and read as many threads as you can, find whatever distracts you from thinking about taking advantage of being alone. I read books, watched movies, ate my favorite candy when I had an urge, took walks while listening to music.

I even searched out some of my favorite kids songs albums on iTunes. The thought came to me that I wanted to remember what I felt like when I hadn't ever touched this poison and it wasn't ruling (and ruining) my life. Not gonna lie, I got a teensy bit teary eyed, but it was a good thing. Felt like therapy!
Old 06-23-2017, 09:11 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Smile 20 days!

Its day 20 for me. I am slowly starting to work on music in the time I used to waste in parties.
I feel my voice is clear and mouth smell is good after 20 days without smoking. smelly mouth was one of the biggest problems I had.

Thank you all. You are a great support for me.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:48 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blondsober View Post
Great Job on Day 8 Susie!!

Stick with this and YOU will be the one hosting the cool parties
and your Ex and his concubine will the jealous ones!
Thank you blondsober. X

Its Day 9 today and I feel a little more positive. My ex-hubby has said that he will speak to my daughter and try and persuade her to either visit or get in touch. I know this is going to be a slow process but as long as I have contact with her there is hope that I can earn her trust again. I consider myself a very good Mum - my only fault is the drink. I am never drunk in her presence but she still hates it so much so for the sake of our relationship and my mental health I need to put a stop to it.

My plan this morning is to go out for a run and then I need to buy a birthday card for my daughter as its her 11th birthday tomorrow. She had her bedroom re-decorated for her birthday so her present has been sorted.

Happy Saturday everyone and thanks for letting me air my issues XXX
Old 06-24-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Day 7 for me. First sober Saturday in this year anyways.

Woke up early, got a shower, put a load of washing on. Walked the dog and did a bit of shopping....all before midday!
Now relaxing with the dog :-) very happy at the moment
Old 06-24-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Hi Rainy,

oh gosh that would be a huge one for me too. In the past that would have been a dream come true. Or as it turns out, a nightmare come to life.

I was alone two different weekends fri-sun in the first 10 days of my sobriety. (and I know I've mentioned several times drinking alone was my only way to drink). Keep remembering those first 10 days (and all the other days before that!), post here and read as many threads as you can, find whatever distracts you from thinking about taking advantage of being alone. I read books, watched movies, ate my favorite candy when I had an urge, took walks while listening to music.

I even searched out some of my favorite kids songs albums on iTunes. The thought came to me that I wanted to remember what I felt like when I hadn't ever touched this poison and it wasn't ruling (and ruining) my life. Not gonna lie, I got a teensy bit teary eyed, but it was a good thing. Felt like therapy!
Thank you so much for the words of encouragement and advice! I made it through the first night with my sister and I think today will be much easier.

I definitely have always liked to drink alone. So, the big test will be when my sister leaves. I'm feeling strong right now. Going to stick close to SR, take lots of walks and try to keep busy.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
DJ1

Day 2

Great job everyone I know it's not a big deal but haven't gone 2 days without a drink in many years just got up this morning went for a run 😀
Old 06-24-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Plan to keep busy...laundry, chores, yoga, pool, errands, sober reading, movies, dinner, bed early... I have found that I'm more successful when I'm obsessed with all things sober.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Great job everyone I know it's not a big deal but haven't gone 2 days without a drink in many years just got up this morning went for a run 😀
That's a HUGE deal. Every day us alcoholics don't drink is a win. Congratulations to you and every one else who woke up sober this morning!
Old 06-24-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
DJ1

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
That's a HUGE deal. Every day us alcoholics don't drink is a win. Congratulations to you and every one else who woke up sober this morning!
Very true every day is s first ! Keep up the great work Sober life 👍
Old 06-24-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

2 days is awesome DJ! Congratulations!
Old 06-24-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your milestones guys -& on reclaiming back your lives!

welcome to you DJ - I think 2 days is a big deal

D
Old 06-24-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Welcome DJ!

I'm checking in-was out most of the day with some errands, a friend's kid's bday party and then out to dinner. Relaxing now and going to finish a book I've been reading and I think I am going to find Risky Drinking and watch it.

Congrats to all of the sober junebugs! We are all working so hard and on this journey together. I don't think I could do as well without this support.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Aarrrgghhhh.... I've had a moment, one where I would've been happy to grab a bottle of wine and forget but would've got more wound up as I drank it..
I live with my partner and his 2 eldest full-time, 17 & 14, they don't go to their mum's and the youngest who comes every weekend.. There is always a mess as my partner is a shopper and there is stuff everywhere, I loathe this as I'm a minimalist and can't think in a messy environment, which is important as I study part time as well as working full time..so I need space for it..
I love my partner to bits but don't like what comes with it..the material things, the constant children(I've never wanted my own) without a break, and the mess which everyone leaves unless I say something - then I feel like I'm nagging, which no-one likes..
Anyway..Today I nearly lost it but decided to do the grocery shopping and come sit in a cafe for a hot choc and study...
Sorry to sound negative but I needed to vent...and today I didn't drink..