# 101 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome sunshine 27

Hope the day ends better for you Susie

doing fine thanks RAL

d
Old 06-22-2017, 01:47 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

hello all. new to this forum, have lurked for a few days to learn how it works. i had over two years of sobriety after a lifetime of drinking and then had 6 months of falling into relapse. that was a year ago and i need to stop this self-destructive behaviour.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:44 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hi Wildwood!

I find the forum really helpful and friendly:-)
Hope your day goes well
Old 06-22-2017, 02:52 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome wildwood - tons of support here

D
Old 06-22-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STHATHEMMAD View Post
Its day 18 for me. Last night I felt like wanna drink. But I managed it. Need help!!!!
You felt it, but you didn't.
That is amazing!
You made it through
Old 06-22-2017, 03:36 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Lucky 13 today

Keep on, keepin' Junebugs!
I'm so proud of all of you and happy to be walking this journey with you.
Have a wonderful sober day
Old 06-22-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! happy sober day 19 for me.

Welcome wildwood! Stick around and lean on us, we're all here together and help each other. SR has been such a wonderful help!

Feeling good this morning, and I noticed my face and hair look so much better! It's bad when you're drinking enough regularly that it shows in your skin and hair.

So proud of all the Junebugs! We struggle and we succeed. So glad to be doing this together.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Just caught up with several new pages of posts. It looks like June-ers are kickin' some AV backend! Nice.

I was considering getting the book "This Naked Mind: Control Alcohol: Find Freedm, Rediscover Happiness & ChangeYour Life (Volume 1)."

Anyone ever heard of this, or have recommendations for other quit books? I'm looking for something that's sort of both prescriptive and addresses the whys of alcohol use from personal and societal perspectives.

I'm guessing there's a thread somewhere that has already addressed this. If anyone has run across that, could you post the link?

Congrats Junebugs. Keep on rocking!
Old 06-22-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I'm in the irritable club today. Woke up to two screaming fighting kids (my fiance's) . Ticked me off. Then the fiancé was laying on the sarcasm about my son, after his had just been jerks, but he missed it.

Anyway. House is A mess. I think I will give it a good cleaning, that way at least one aspect of life can be in order.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Day 12 for me but I'm not going to count days anymore. I've read a lot of the posts in the secular section of this site and rational recovery makes so much sense to me! Finally I've found advice that I can follow. Highly recommend you check it out!
Old 06-22-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Day 1 for me here. Little late to the show but here I am. It always feels absolutely impossible to quit whenever I begin. I think wow how in the world is that possible to even quit? I know that it's all in my head though because I have tried quitting before. The first day always makes me very VERY nervous.

Here I go though day 1 and I will not drink today.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
I'm in the irritable club today. Woke up to two screaming fighting kids (my fiance's) . Ticked me off. Then the fiancé was laying on the sarcasm about my son, after his had just been jerks, but he missed it.

Anyway. House is A mess. I think I will give it a good cleaning, that way at least one aspect of life can be in order.
Other people, am I right! Day six and I'm finding that suddenly cleaning is cathartic and therapeutic. My house has been more organized in the last two days since I moved in a year ago! I'm finding that life suddenly seem like such a heavy load - just cleaning the kitchen used to seem like a mountain to climb! Here's to another sober day, happy or cranky!
Old 06-22-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Day 16 for me!

Hi and welcome to ReadyAtLast ,Wildwood and Velocity. Good people here, had so much support, It has made all the difference to staying on the sober wagon.

Spent the day with friends, had a good day, luckily these are not the "friends" who drink - I am avoiding them - can't be around people who drink yet, don't feel strong enough. Of course, the real test will be my Father visiting next week, we have a difficult relationship and normally his visits would normally send me running to the nearest whisky bottle!!

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:30 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Not big on counting each day because I didn't drink daily. More like 1x per month or 2x sometimes. But since I am re-committing to sobriety I will gladly announce milestones. So with that said Day 10. My next milestone is going to be Day 30. My goal is if I can reach 90 then I can do this long term. I get so close and then cave. Sometimes I feel like drinking 1 or 2 X per month isn't even a big deal... but I have to remind myself that I drink to get drunk because that's the fun part (to me). And then I usually end up in trouble one way or another... and usually a hangover... So any reminders that even 1 X per month is still an issue... I've heard it all before but it's nice to hear it fresh...
Old 06-22-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Hi everyone

Day 1 for me here. Little late to the show but here I am. It always feels absolutely impossible to quit whenever I begin. I think wow how in the world is that possible to even quit? I know that it's all in my head though because I have tried quitting before. The first day always makes me very VERY nervous.

Here I go though day 1 and I will not drink today.
Welcome!
Old 06-22-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Day 10 -
Cleaning te house to the extreme is my way of spending the 17:00 to 19:00. Enjoying it and its a good body work-out. Nothing beats enyoing a nice hot cup of 'good-night' tea afterwards in my livingroom that is cleaner then a 5* hotelsuite.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Sunshine, sounds as if that addictive voice is trying to rationalize. You know that, right? There were good reasons you felt the need to come back to the forum. Sit down right now and list them with heart.

Welcome, newcomers, to the June Bugs!
Old 06-22-2017, 11:07 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Made it thru day 26. Super tired. This new job and training has been draining. Welcome to all of the new peeps!
Old 06-23-2017, 12:07 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
DJ1

I'm ashamed to be writing this again but I really do need to be held accountable this site helped me some years ago & Im praying. this will help me again I have to get of this merry go round before it's too late so here I go Day 1
Old 06-23-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hi all..sounds like everyone is doing amaze balls..
I'm on day 20 and just successfully went out for dinner at a bar, went to a comedy show, Urzila Carlson check her out, then went out to play a couple of games of pool with my partner and all sober!! Life is possible without booze and I had fun..winning..
Have an exciting weekend, watching All Blacks play rugby and watching Americas Cup, things I would nnormally do with a drink in hand but feel confident now not too..
Signing out at 5 past midnight on Friday night as one happy Junebug...