Notices

Class of June 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 06-20-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks Bblackbirdflyy!

That's a really good point. Better to pour out so there's no later "hmm a full bottle is in the trash". I haven't touched it and it's still in the bag given to me. I've been busy reading a bunch of posts on SR and some other literature, plus got one of my favorite movies on and it's been a great distraction.

I will pour it out. TBH I don't even want it, it doesn't sound good. It's more like "oh! look at what someone gave me!" It's like my AV voice says, "you've got to drink it, can't let it go to waste!"

Congrats on the nurse job, that is wonderful!!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:07 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you,poured it out KM

D
Old 06-20-2017, 08:48 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, yep it's gone! I did it quickly before I lost my nerve.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Its day 17 or me. getting closed to 0ne month goal
Old 06-21-2017, 12:44 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Day 6

Day 6 for me today. Just woken up, weather is beautiful and lying here with a cup of coffee wondering how to distract myself from getting upset over my daughter - I will be coming on here reading posts regularly as I know from past experience you're all awesome at getting me out of a dark hole.
Hope you all have a lovely day XXX
Old 06-21-2017, 12:51 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

sry all just don#t seem to be able to get it together to get past 2 days. The book hasn't helped and i know it will never help if i don't find my own way in doing this. I can already hear u dee in ur response to this x Thanks in advance to u and everyone else who is fighting this x
Old 06-21-2017, 01:10 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I forgot to say Well done to Kats for pouring that bottle of wine away - that is determination - Proud of you X
Old 06-21-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

blondsober, I'm glad you made it through the BBQ okay. It sounds like it went great. I didn't mean to single you out and I'm glad you didn't think I was picking on you.
I remember my first few times going out after I got sober. The first one was tricky and I've told this story before, but we were at a sports bar and I actually kept my phone on my lap and this page open in case I needed to post. Later I found a few people here at SR that I can text with in case I get AV, and it's worked great.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:04 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good job everyone.. it's awesome to see the determination and the support..
I'm at the close of day 18 and lovin it..it's still hard, I don't have the actual craving for it, I can come home from work and be fine...however...when I think about hanging out with my friends or my mum and family, I don't want too as it's my temptation time, and I don't wanna hang out with them cause I feel I don't know how without alcohol and i don't feel interested too..
I'm kinda worried I won't enjoy social or family events anymore.. Friday will be a test as I'm going out for dinner and a comedy show with my partner and maybe some pool afterwards, so we will see..
Keep up the good work guy's..
Old 06-21-2017, 05:37 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words Argillaceous and Katsmeeyow!!

Just wanted to give something back.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Just checking out the June class. I've failed so many I'm reluctant to join another :-(

I do see some familiar names so I know I'm not alone in my struggles. While I've not had any binges, I have had a few drinks a week for the past month or so. Never more than 2 and usually just 1. But it still feels wrong. Alcohol makes me sleepy so I end up napping and blowing half of my day away. I'm losing precious time.

Next month is a milestone birthday for me and I must get healthy and strong so I can continue to enjoy my children and grandchildren.

Day 3 today, historically a tempting day, but I have a great deal going on so I remain hopeful that I will not drink today.

I hope everyone has a safe and sober day!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Erratic, I hope you'll find strength to resist the alcohol beast! Your post sounds so sad. I've been in the same place. Last night was tough for me in the evening. I felt so jittery the temptation was strong to just drink and calm my jitters. But I somehow resisted.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Just checkin in Real quick have to go to work and Internet finally clicked on haha. Almost to 30 days ! . Hi Optimist!!!
Old 06-21-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Day 4 here and had a compliment of sorts from a work colleague. They told me that they only realised recently how my behavior had changed that I must've been really withdrawn but the passed few days I've sounded and behaved a lot happier

And it's true, I do feel happier:-)
Old 06-21-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Zombie, that is great! It helps put it all into perspective!

Thanks Susie, I'm so glad I did it, especially as I woke up this morning. I'm learning mornings are a favorite special time for me as it's when I really feel good about what I'm trying to do here.

Erratic, Optomist, Red, hang in there! Lean on us, we're here for you!

CnGY, I am ordering that book today!! (RR) Can't wait to get it.

Day 19, feeling good and very happy I passed another test last night. Have a great sober day everyone, and remember you are NOT ALONE!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi all! Day 17! Struggling with irritability and anxiety. My job is overwhelming at the moment and each day when I leave I know that I would have finished off a bottle of wine on top of a manhattan if I hadn't quit. Then I would be hungover and work would be even more overwhelming! Just trying to focus on what I can do as the next thing and not think about all the other things to do.

Happy sober day everyone!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:42 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Made it to day 10 today. I had decided not to join a group again until I could make it to the double digits. It took a couple of months, but I finally did it!

I started the book "The Recovering Body" a few days ago. I want to focus on getting healthier and being sober. It is so tempting for me to eat really bad food the first few months of sobriety and I don't want to have to deal with a food issue on top of being sober.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Day 12
My new little goal is 2 weeks.
Thanks for all the support June Bugs!
Old 06-21-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

DAY 10. Double digits. This is the danger zone for me, so I am going running
early this evening so I am proud of myself AND tired as hell so can get to
sleep.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 06-21-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
sry all just don#t seem to be able to get it together to get past 2 days. The book hasn't helped and i know it will never help if i don't find my own way in doing this. I can already hear u dee in ur response to this x Thanks in advance to u and everyone else who is fighting this x
I've gone in and out of SR and different books and methods, etc etc etc
I always come back to SR though. I try to figure it out, moderate, or quit my own way. Inevitably right back to my old ways. It's exhausting isn't it. We are always evolving and changing so it's ok. To me there is no 1 way to do things. It's OK to switch it up...just don't give up. And tell yourself, if is meant to be then it is up to me.