Notices

Meltdown in the heat

Old 06-19-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Hmm. I thought I’d successfully hidden that question under the wave of new posts that have arrived since yesterday. Not so.

I am the person who freezes in a crisis with hands dangling uselessly by their sides - despite watching almost everything Bear Grylls has ever done on survival skills, I will be the first one eaten come the zombie apocalypse.

To put it bluntly, I don’t think I’ve ever helped anyone. I am usually the problem. So, the awesome feeling you mention is unfamiliar to me. Unlike the embarrassment I am feeling in spadefulls right now, which is all too familiar.

(What? There must be someone else like me out there.)

I hope, when I get a little bit clearer about what the hell is happening with me and sobriety, I might be useful to another alcoholic person.

I know what I'll do. I’m going to call a lady who gave me her number at a meeting. Finally, I've had a good idea

Dearest tomsteve, a big heart for you

(Crikey all that writing. I could have just made the call 15 minutes ago.)
Old 06-19-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hey Weev. Hope you've enjoyed a lovely peaceful day after yesterday's shenanigans. It's true what they say.....cunning, baffling, powerful and I also add patient. I'm assured that each time we need to dig a little deeper and flex our sober muscles that we come out of it stronger. I pray that is true. Take care hun and swish that shiney hair! ❤❤❤
Hey JoJo, my lovely girl, today has been calm (ish) maybe because the heat has stolen any energy I have for making mischief.

Yes. Cunning, baffling and powerful. Very powerful. And I can tell you I'm pretty baffled. I already feel like I live in a different life. A much, much better one even at 45 days sober. We're learning all the time about how alcohol trips you up usually when you think you've got it sussed.

I'm glad were both gorgeous today xxx
Old 06-19-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Mission accomplished. It was a pleasant call. And mercifully short.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

short or long, ya did it!
the phone will get lighter!
Old 06-19-2017, 11:15 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
Hey JoJo, my lovely girl, today has been calm (ish) maybe because the heat has stolen any energy I have for making mischief.

Yes. Cunning, baffling and powerful. Very powerful. And I can tell you I'm pretty baffled. I already feel like I live in a different life. A much, much better one even at 45 days sober. We're learning all the time about how alcohol trips you up usually when you think you've got it sussed.

I'm glad were both gorgeous today xxx
Great post, Weev!!!!!
Old 06-19-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Mission accomplished. It was a pleasant call. And mercifully short.
Well done, Weev!
Old 06-19-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hmm. I thought I’d successfully hidden that question under the wave of new posts that have arrived since yesterday. Not so.

I am the person who freezes in a crisis with hands dangling uselessly by their sides - despite watching almost everything Bear Grylls has ever done on survival skills, I will be the first one eaten come the zombie apocalypse.

To put it bluntly, I don’t think I’ve ever helped anyone. I am usually the problem. So, the awesome feeling you mention is unfamiliar to me. Unlike the embarrassment I am feeling in spadefulls right now, which is all too familiar.

(What? There must be someone else like me out there.)

I hope, when I get a little bit clearer about what the hell is happening with me and sobriety, I might be useful to another alcoholic person.

I know what I'll do. I’m going to call a lady who gave me her number at a meeting. Finally, I've had a good idea

Dearest tomsteve, a big heart for you

(Crikey all that writing. I could have just made the call 15 minutes ago.)

I would like to point out that you do help others. You are here and posting. Your " moment" will help others when they are about to crack.

You got through the moment and that is the most important. When the next time arises, you can post here, you can call someone, you can go for a run, you can scream. It doesnt matter what action you take ...the point is that you take the action that steers you away from drinking and out of harms way. Thoughts are going to be there whether we like it or not. Its when we act on them that matters.

You did well. Very well.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Dear Mizzuno, what a kind reply.
Kindness always gets me. A person can put on this tough guy front for the world. Can be really tough on themselves. But when someone is nice to me I always burst into tears.
Everyone just wants to be loved for what they are, I reckon. It just that alcoholics are really destructive and it seems like the things we've done can never be forgiven.
It's also a bit alarming to sober up and still not like some things about me. I'm going on trust I can change given time.
I hope you're strong and determined today. Love and hugs Weev
Old 06-23-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Dear Tankersfull, I just made myself giggle thinking about going to the bar and ordering a tanker full of wine. Because that's what it would be, if I drank. There was never enough alcohol.

It's really nice we're in a row like that. I'm glad you're doing ok and I hope Endoftheday is too.
Hi Weev1,
Only just seen this post , doing well ,day 47 almost done,
How about weev1 and Tankersfull?
Old 06-23-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hang in there WEEV, We're doing this together.