Notices

First day sober! Scared and exited.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you hevyn. It really gives me strength when I hear there are people like me out there go forward and succeed. You make me feel totally confident I can do it too. Man I love this site! You guys are so great and genuine. Thank you all.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You guys are have a great community! I thank each and everyone of you.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome, NewLife! I am so grateful for SR every day.....such great support here; it really makes all the difference.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I just found the thanks button! Thank you all!I've never found anywhere that already feels like a family with everyone knowing what you are going through. Y'all are right, together we are strong
Old 05-25-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome to the family! There's a lot of great folks here and we all have at least one thing in common. In my years on/off of here, I've never received anything but solid advice and support(wish I'd paid more attention when I first joined,of course ). I'm glad you're here and congrats on day 2. Stick around! Everything IS better sober and that's marked with a money back guarantee!
Old 05-25-2017, 08:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Love that quote! Always thought it brought me joy or comfort or something, then it was just something I had to have everyday. Until my eyes were opened and I saw it for what it really was. For lack of a better phrase the shovel that digs your grave. I hope more people find this community, it will surely help them.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLife52417 View Post
Love that quote! Always thought it brought me joy or comfort or something, then it was just something I had to have everyday. Until my eyes were opened and I saw it for what it really was. For lack of a better phrase the shovel that digs your grave. I hope more people find this community, it will surely help them.
It almost dug my grave after my 2nd dui wreck!I still don't know how I made it out of that as 'easy as i did'(Not really easy..been on here whining about it for over a year) but, being ordered to go to AA for a few months really opened up my eyes to where the road I was going down would take me. I don't really "Do" the steps anymore and have had a couple of sponsors but, the meetings still help me. I now go because I need the help,at times, to stay sane and sober. Same reason I come here.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well, beginning of day 3. Maybe hour of sleep. Less than yesterday but still mentally strong. I had a little anxiety last night but wrote in a journal (which I have never done before) and came to SR and after reading all the kind comments my anxiety faded and I felt strong and confident again. I already know you guys are my go to confidence booster. One day at a time. Stay strong everyone even in times of doubt.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Question guys, I don't know if this is normal I don't remember last time but all last night when I would shut my eyes I would immediately see very vivid images and disturbing images. This happened all night, o kept getting up then trying again. Finally I got about an hour of sleep but just wanted to know if it's normal. I did take melatonin but I wasn't even sleeping. It was kinda unnerving. Maybe my thoughts have been surpessed for so long. Idk. Anyone?
Old 05-26-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by NewLife52417 View Post
Question guys, I don't know if this is normal I don't remember last time but all last night when I would shut my eyes I would immediately see very vivid images and disturbing images. This happened all night, o kept getting up then trying again. Finally I got about an hour of sleep but just wanted to know if it's normal. I did take melatonin but I wasn't even sleeping. It was kinda unnerving. Maybe my thoughts have been surpessed for so long. Idk. Anyone?
I don't know if this is the same but on nights one and two I would be lying there sweating, getting up agitated, lying there again and I would start to dream only I wasn't asleep. Completely like I'd stepped into a parallel universe, then bang back here. I endured it. Read hours here people saying it would get better, trusted them. I got some normal sleep on day three and it pretty rapidly has got a whole lot better from there on. I hope the worst is over for you. Weev
Old 05-26-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yeah pretty dang close experience. Well tonight is the third. I trust you guys and can't wait for a full night's rest. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

When I first tried to stop drinking(think I've actually 'tried' about 4 times since coming here) , I was just like you with the images while trying to sleep. I also dreamed,as they said above and wasn't really asleep,that's a strange feeling. Just give it time and things will calm down. I haven't had a sip in months but, was having the dreaming but,not asleep thing the past few nights/mornings. I know it's stress related and my mind is trying to cope with change about a decision I made to make life better for me(concerning my 'kid') but, I'm just thankful that it's no longer the booze brain. It'll get better.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Keep Going

I'm really rooting for you. It's hard but not impossible.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm more than halfway through day 3. Going to lift weights then do some sprints. I wanted to stop on my way from work soooo badly. I'm freaking anxious as all heck right now. I usually start drinking from the time I finish my workout untill I can't remember what I did the next morning. �� here goes nothing
Old 05-26-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

It's crazy how productive you can be to stop thinking about drinking. I worked out now bbqing found some drywall to patch who knows what's next. Anybody craving a drink just walk around your house and find stuff to fix or clean! And I'm drinking a ton of water with lemon slices. Should help you guys!
Old 05-26-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

This site is so awesome. Just reading others stories and the support that ensues? It's just really inspiring.
It's so nice to get things accomplished around the house again, isn't it? The little things...just living like a civilized being again feels so so good.
Congrats!
J
Old 05-27-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day 4. Actually slept last night finally and I feel great! I don't remember waking up and feeling this way for what seems like forever! I think that workout yesterday just made me so exausted that even though I was thinking about drinking it wasn't driving me crazy like day 2. Weight training and hill sprints. Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. On top of staying busy coming here is like a breath of fresh air. A retreat with family and I don't think I could find the motivation to do what I'm doing without you guys. Thank you for everything guys!
Old 05-27-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 05-27-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Welcome NewLife!

I'm glad you got a bit of rest last evening. Working out with weights and participation here on SR have been key to sobriety for me. For the earliest weeks, I was most vulnerable from about 2-5 as work neared end and I was getting hungry. I found that a large protein shake took the edge off my cravings and I kept them at work to have one before I drove home. Great to have them anyway since you are working out.

You can do this! I look forward to seeing you around .....lots of good ahead for you and yours.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Welcome you should join the 24 hour recovery thread and check in daily here is the link http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-249-a.html