Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-14-2017, 11:39 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Day 8.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:00 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

day 33, its just been a terrible week for cravings. Just been having argument with husband and trying not to think what i would normally do.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Day 12 and looking forward to my 11:30 meeting this am.

Had a bad night and this am isn't much better, but I am not going to drink to get over it. Honestly, booze never helped me get over anything, just made things worse.

Not sure if my relationship is going to make it through my sobriety. Started to write all about it here, but the ins and outs don't really matter. I am proud I've kept my cool and not reacted the way I would have in the past.

Life still happens if we are drinking are not. But I seem to be starting to see the bad and the good in life, differently. Much calmer and a bit more manageable.

I'll be sober and present today no matter what happens. A bottle has never had any answers for me, except there's always death and life is what I want

I hope all of Class has a great Saturday and even if you don't it's ok. Let's just not drink, one day at a time XO
Old 04-15-2017, 03:22 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

BF- choosing life is good.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Day 6 and I hope all the class of April 2027 has a great Saturday
Old 04-15-2017, 08:21 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

I woke up happy and sober. I had some time from alcohol, but still smoked pot. I ended up relapsing on booze when out of weed, so I decided to be sober completely and give it my life. Besides green brain goo and having **** for brains pretending to be The Great Lebowski at 39 is a bit embarrassing at this point.
Sober 24 hours yeahhhhhhh!
Old 04-15-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

I'm still sober. Had a rough moment but went to a noon meeting. I think this site is helping. I'm not alone, and have already received so much support. It's so hard not to run to a quick fix with unpleasant emotions. I can't do that anymore as the consequences keep going up. Learning how to feel the feelings is tough, but it's time. I'm almost 40 better now than never.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Day 15 today. I hosted my whole family for Easter celebrations today, something I'd never be able to do as the formerly drunken mess that I was. Just a really good day all around, and now it's time to top it off with my new favorite show, Parks and Recreation! (yes, I'm way behind in television viewing, lol)

Stay strong everyone!
Old 04-15-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you meisme - stay with us
you too Illuminate!

D
Old 04-15-2017, 11:43 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Day 9.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:24 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Good morning

I've just joined the forum having had my last drink at around 2am on Friday morning,

I've lost everything - my job, my home, my dog, my son now lives with his partners parents.

I am now living in a small room in a shared house and struggling to get a job.

Things feel hopeless but my son is standing by me. He is starting Uni in the town I'm living in in September and I'm going down to have lunch with him today so not all hopeless!
Old 04-16-2017, 12:28 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really believe it's never too late to start again, StartAnew
I'm glad you've joined us

D
Old 04-16-2017, 12:37 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hi,
I haven't read all the posts since I posted last. Hope everyone is having a nice Easter weekend. I really feel like drinking, but I am just trying to get to sleep. It's after midnight and I have to be up early in the morning. It's been a great weekend so far, we had sooooo much fun at the fairgrounds today....Easter egg hunt, petting zoo, horse rides, and planting seeds. Long day, so much to do right now....Easter, planning a bday party, college announcement (pictures and party), and prom, then graduation. Omg summer seems so far away!!!
Old 04-16-2017, 12:40 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StartAnew68 View Post
Good morning

I've just joined the forum having had my last drink at around 2am on Friday morning,

I've lost everything - my job, my home, my dog, my son now lives with his partners parents.

I am now living in a small room in a shared house and struggling to get a job.

Things feel hopeless but my son is standing by me. He is starting Uni in the town I'm living in in September and I'm going down to have lunch with him today so not all hopeless!
Having a son that loves and believes in you is a great building block to start from. Count that blessing and hold it close to your heart. Jobs and houses can come and go but children that love you can never be replaced.

Glad you joined us. Lets do this together! (UK here too)
Old 04-16-2017, 12:48 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Jobs and houses can come and go but children that love you can never be replaced.
Wow, that was a really powerful comment. I'm going to print that out and put it on my room door to remind me every time I step outside what my priorities are.

Thank you!
Old 04-16-2017, 01:01 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StartAnew68 View Post
Wow, that was a really powerful comment. I'm going to print that out and put it on my room door to remind me every time I step outside what my priorities are.

Thank you!
I'm gonna 2nd that! When I read that, I was like Wow! that is some true wisdom right there! The love of your children, can nothing replace!
Old 04-16-2017, 03:48 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Happy Easter from the US

Day 13, church, then 13th AA meeting

I'm not sure how I didn't drink yesterday, I truly didn't think I'd make it. Even in my meeting, I cried so much (trying to hide it, couldn't bring myself to talk to anybody about it). After a zillion thoughts about drinking, what the aftermath would be, I drove myself home and didn't leave the house until this am. I need a sponsor and I need to start doing the work or I may not be so lucky next time. Have a sponsor in mind now, will ask her next week or today if I see her.

I'm happy to report it's day 13 and things are better today Blessed to still be sober and I hope the best for each and everyone in Class. X
Old 04-16-2017, 04:05 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

I'm back....made it a week then went back to the same 3 day cycle. Discouraged and angry at myself.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

well you are back SF. Post, share, go to a meeting. Revise your plan?
Old 04-16-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Happy Easter everyone. I must confess I drank a little last night. So now I am making it my goal to get to a meeting this week.