Notices

Day 1

Old 04-21-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Hey Red,
I try to start each day with energy, but fall off as the day goes on, I still need to fix my normal everyday car tomorrow. But I do have a different vehicle in my shop that I'm doing a cylinder head on. My son isn't much for working on cars tho I invite him regularly. Twins.....wow! That would wear me out for sure especially at 2.5 yrs old.
Great job staying strong and focused. Your kids will always benefit! And so will you! You don't want to miss their growing up years!
Old 04-21-2017, 08:12 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Going to bed...sober! Goodnight day 6.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:56 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome
Old 04-22-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Day 7... I fell apart on day 7 last week. I started feeling angry and depressed, which pended up in permission somehow and another day 1. Seems everyday is difficult, the weekends are just a different kind of hard compared to a weekday. I will work to keep my head in the right place. I can already hear my AV echoing in the background. I have plenty to do today that's not a problem. I wish I had a good reset method for my anxieties. Deep breaths will have to do. Colorado is normally very sunny, but once in awhile it rains for a few days in the spring. We are on the third day of rain so being sun dependent doesn't help the moods. I thought I would wake up rip ready to go, but nope. Not feeling overly depressed, just blah....with a slight headache of course. I guess I get up and do something, pouting isn't going to make it a better day.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I put together an album on my profile page of things I like......it reminded me to smile.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Frustration levels are very high here. Certainly let's my AV have a voice. The need for escape or release is screaming......sigh....
Old 04-22-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

How about escaping in your music? How about posting some of those reggae grooves you spoke about? I've created a lil' Music Exchange and need someone to post the first piece. It can be anything.
Just click on the link below and post away I would LOVE to hear your stuff!
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-exchange.html
Old 04-22-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I would love to sit and play some tunes. But I have to fix vehicles. The sun came out so I went out to the flower beds. Started cleaning them out, it helps to see the new growth poking threw. My AV has been screaming in my ear all his rationale the last couple hours. You don't have a problem, man it would taste good, you need to relax.....it even has responses for playing the tape forward. Your hangover won't be bad, just drink lots of water, just keep it to one bottle of wine. It leaves out the shame I'll feel tomorrow or the painful look my son will give me. So I'm here......try to regain the upper hand again. At least the sun came out...
Old 04-22-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I haven't been able to work on painting watercolor for a couple years. I have to be calm internally to work with paints. I've been trying to get back to it. I got frustrated at one point and threw most of it out. I couldn't get enough silence to work. I'm terrible at it anyway, but I hoped to improve.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Stay strong SimplyFree! Congrats on day 7 I'm glad the sun came out for ya!
Old 04-22-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome pictures
Old 04-22-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Okay....I think the worst has passed...I hope. I hate drama! Deep breath.....thank you all for checking in on me. I needed it this afternoon. I hope the evening doesn't have another moment. Not sure why that happens.....
Old 04-22-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Going to bed...tough afternoon. Thanks for encouragement.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:57 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

You're doing great: kids, gardening, music, painting, cleaning, etc (treadmill). Stay strong and plow through this second week. Sending good vibes...
Old 04-23-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Thanks Lulu! Day 8 today. I hope is happens without all the internal stress of yesterday. It's been years since I went 8 days. I'm glad I've made this far. But that isn't permission, just a quick breath. I try to stay focused and busy. I know I get obsessive bout clean. I laughed yesterday when I caught myself blowing out the cracks in the concrete with an air hose. Which reminds me....I missed one.
I hope you are staying strong and feeling more energetic. I'm going to start today on the treadmill. We'll see how it goes from there.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hey Red! Thanks for the kind words yesterday. I'm not a drama queen normally, but I felt like one for acouple hours yesterday. Your words were helpful. Just having a voice outside of that internal spin was a good thing. Thanks. I hope your boys are keeping you busy! I can only imagine. I'm glad you've chosen to work on sobriety now so that they will always know mom as sober. I can't say that for my two teens. The last 3-5 yrs have been far from ideal. But this week I gained some good things with the kids. I went to two of my son's baseball games, watched two Rockies games including last night with him, played cards and enjoyed laughing to tears with my daughter. And made no stupid regrets. But I still need to fix cars....lol. Oh well just a thing. Thanks again Red, I hope your Sunday is awesome!
Old 04-23-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

SW, you are the stalwart encourager.....thanks!
Old 04-23-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Do your best

Anytime
Old 04-23-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Checking in......so far today has been much more user friendly than yesterday. Lots of projecting and cleaning, keeping busy and focused on good things. I'm hoping my mind is finding thought that are more interesting than wine. Seems to be true for the moment. Glad you all are here! Blessings