Notices

Feeling wobbly

Old 03-19-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Stewy - I'm certainly not disappointed either. It was right to post and talk about what's going on. Most of us have had the same thing happen a time or two. When it happened to me it made me even more determined. Drinking again (after 3 yrs.) didn't give me the result I had expected - it wasn't calming or helpful - just made me even more anxious.

You're going to get back on track - with new resolve. Glad you posted.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Stewy, what has happened today does not define you, it is one day. I believe you would be well served to get started on your sobriety again...immediately. What's done is done.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
I've wasted 2.5 years guys.....

All that hard work gone. I'm sad about my girlfriend and splitting up, we were not the right fit but she is not a bad person
You will be even sadder tomorrow if you don't stop now stewy. This isn't about dissapointment, it's your life. Give yourself a chance.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi guys I'm just getting up for work now and wanted to thank everyone for the support, I've chalked it off as a blip in recovery and I'm going to work hard not to slip again.

Familiar feelings this morning, fuzzy head, sweats and upset stomach- there's no solace in alcohol

It's done, it's happened, I guess it's now learning from this and moving forward
Old 03-20-2017, 01:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sobriety is the only way forward, the only way to a better, brighter future. Alcohol does not solve any of our problems. For many of us here, it is more than a false solution, it is also a destroyer of lives.

So glad you have made the renewed commitment to sobriety and not let the self-pity get the better of you. Onwards, Stewy.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

To fill the void that was once filled with booze- the emptiness, disconnection- that takes time. I means I daily HAVE to move out of my comfort zone and do stuff differently. Otherwise I am just the same effed up person- without the booze.

Support and empathy to you.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

AV whispering get some beers tonight, cancel your football game and drink the night away.

It makes it sound so tempting and dresses it up as if it's a relaxing activity

It's no more than what I expect as I took the decision to drink last night so I'm back in the loop. Damn!!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

"Familiar feelings this morning, fuzzy head, sweats and upset stomach- there's no solace in alcohol"

You wrote this, this morning.
I bet your AV is telling you, that you may as well drink now, then later you can lump it into the same "slip, relapse" as yesterday.

Tomorrow, if you drink, the fuzzy head, sweats upset stomach will all be worse than today, so will your state of mind.

If the AV is making drinking sound so tempting, dismiss the AV, dismiss the suggestions out of hand and think of something else relaxing to do tonight.

You have teased the Beast of AVRT, it now thinks it has a foothold. Show IT that IT doesn't.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
It's no more than what I expect as I took the decision to drink last night so I'm back in the loop. Damn!!
And you can also make the decision to not drink tonight and stay out of that loop. Make plans to do something else.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Break yourself out of that loop; it isn't worth it. Things will just get worse. You already dusted yourself off and wrote it up as a learning experience. Keep moving onward.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:40 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

When we wake the beast up again, its gonna growl.

If you need encouragement to ignore that re-read some of your old threads Stewy

you struggled really hard...don't go back that way.

D