Notices

Cheers for Venuscat

Old 02-20-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Cheers for Venuscat

As you may know, Suze (venuscat) is in the middle of a life-changing move from Australia to America.

Why is this important? It is a chance to make her dreams come true. She will be surrounded by friends and love, she will be studying Addiction Counseling, and she will be a freelance writer in a very beautiful part of one of the nicest cities in America (yes, I am biased on that point).

So, no brainer, right? Not so fast! Packing up and moving your life is a HUGE task. There is an incredible amount of organization to do, a fair amount of physical labor, and a lot of emotional stress.

And.... She is alone where she lives. There is nobody locally who can give her advice or help of any sort. She has to do this completely by herself.

Add to that the fact that she is unbelievably sick. The only fix for that is for her to get some relief from the stress of the move, and the only fix for the stress is to get through the work she needs to do to move.

This site and the wonderful people here are Suze's true chosen family, and I believe we are the only people who can help her make it through the next two weeks.

Please, everyone, join me in telling Suze how much we love her, how much we believe in her, and how much we want her to see her dreams come true in America.

I will start:

I love you Suze, with all my heart. You are the most amazing person I have ever known. You live your life selflessly and you give love, compassion and care freely to everyone who needs it. You change people's lives and give them the support they need at all times. You deserve nothing less than to have all your dreams come true. I am with you in this 100% and I will hold your hand every step of the way.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Suze,
You are amazing and have helped me on this journey more than you know. I came to this site frightened and broken. You embraced me with open arms and warmth I didn't think I deserved. 260 days sober and you have helped track every one.

I'm excited for you and Nick and your new journey. You are going to be amazing in America. (sounds like a book title). I am praying for you both!
Old 02-20-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Imagine how nice it will be when all of the upheaval is over and you guys are finally able to relax! I'm crossing my fingers that your journey is smooth.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Old 02-20-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Suze,

This is very exciting! I moved countries several times in my life and was always alone finding the opportunities and organizing it except help from employers; each time I moved for a new job and the adventure. The most recent one (~10 years ago) was from Europe to the US. Definitely don't regret it and this is where I've also made some of the strongest, most significant relationships in my life, although I do maintain a sort of cosmopolitan orientation as my identity.

Of course moving such long distance if stressful with all the unknown and uncertainty, but it sounds like there is a solid base waiting for you on the other side Hang in there!
Old 02-20-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Suze, your presence here at SR has been appreciated by so many of us. You have such a bright future ahead of you! When times get tough, just remember how far you've come the past few years. You are an absolute inspiration!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Suze,

You are a remarkable woman with so many talents and one of them is spreading love. May we give back to you a bit of what you have always so freely given.

Hoping to meet you in person in the not too distant future.

May you heal in the knowledge God is blessing you!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Venus:

Wishing you nothing but blue skies and peace when all the upheaval is over. It is but a blip on the longer path of your new life with Nick and all of us "up here". Darling, it is going to be grand, so hang in for a few more!

XO

D
Old 02-20-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Big Hug for you!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Old 02-20-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Suze,
I'm sorry you're experiencing so much stress and consequently, illness. When you're having a nice cup of coffee, think about the things that are the most important to accomplish and put your energy towards those.

Make sure you're doing small acts of self care, eating, a nice hot shower or bath, enjoying a sunrise or sunset and getting plenty of rest.

I hope once settled state side, you can rest and focus on getting better. Hugs.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Suze))) My dear friend. I hope you start feeling better and more secure soon. You've come so far, you can go a little further. I love you, my sweet friend.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sending you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and the most positive healing thoughts. I have moved cross country in the US three times and do remember how stressful it was to pack up and say goodbye. But with each task you complete, you are one step closer to getting here. It will happen. My best advice is make lots of to do lists.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You are entering a new phase of your life...one of reciprocated love. Change can be very scary, but I know you can do this. Feel better and take that step of faith.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Suze,

I am so sorry you still aren't feeling well. I know how stressful it is trying to pack up your life and move a long distance, even when it is to be with the love of your life.

You have so many wonderful things waiting for you when you get to Ohio. You have Nick, who loves you dearly. You have an exciting new career that will allow you to help others strugfgling with addictions, and from knowing you on this site, you will be amazing at this. You have many wonderful things awaiting you.

Two more weeks, that should be about how long you have until the move (let us know the exact day). You can get through this. Make your to do list, and give yourself deadlines of when things need to be done, and then slowly start crossing them off. Make time to eat something healthy each day, something you can eat with all of your allergies. Make a list of places close to home you may want to visit one last time, take some pictures, you may want these when you are settling in. Know that you have this community behind you 100%.

I am so excited for you. Sending you lots of love, prayers, and good thoughts.

❤Delilah
Old 02-20-2017, 04:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Was up 'till 0330 this morning and have just landed here. Suze- look after you. You are NOT alone. Lots of people persons care very much for you. Take some strength back from that. I care for you. You have always been there to help others- to help me. You will get thru this crud. Stressy yes- but, just a bump on the road. That is all . Take it slow- you know, be in the now.
Always there for you, PJ
Old 02-20-2017, 04:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh - BTW, you are special too.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

<<<peeks head around door>> Hello Suze! I'm sorry I've been away on my own miserable walkabout, but something brought me here today and now I know why. We are connected in some way and for me that is a blessing.

You will like the USA, and it will like you. I'm not sure where you will live (Ohio?), but when you are all settled, I bet there is a way I can come see you. I travel on business periodically and sometimes I take a side adventure....and seeing you would be the best detour ever.

Baby steps...right? It's gonna be all right. When I'm stressed I play Billie Holliday music (US Blues Singer from the 1930's-40's), have a cup of coffee and dig in to what needs to be done. Do you have some favorite music? I know you like coffee.

There's a beauty to refreshing. Out with the old and in with the new. Some old things need a silent prayer before I throw them away....they stay safe in my heart and in my memory though, so it's ok to let them go. To let some things go, makes room for new and beautiful things yet to see. If you're stressed about what to take and what to let go.....there is no wrong answer.

You are wrapped up in love here and you are so wonderful. You have a good man and a bright future. Now get yourself over here!

Hugs, hugs, hugs.....I'm clinking my coffee cup to you....now go pack a box.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Dear Venus, I hope you'll be better soon

Take it easy and cut you're big moving project into bite size chunks... you can do it Venus.

I know we haven't had a chance to talk much here on SR but please if you need any help that can be done virtually just ask ok?

Thank you for the thread and the lovely thoughts Goat.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goat View Post
As you may know, Suze (venuscat) is in the middle of a life-changing move from Australia to America.

Why is this important? It is a chance to make her dreams come true. She will be surrounded by friends and love, she will be studying Addiction Counseling, and she will be a freelance writer in a very beautiful part of one of the nicest cities in America (yes, I am biased on that point).

So, no brainer, right? Not so fast! Packing up and moving your life is a HUGE task. There is an incredible amount of organization to do, a fair amount of physical labor, and a lot of emotional stress.

And.... She is alone where she lives. There is nobody locally who can give her advice or help of any sort. She has to do this completely by herself.

Add to that the fact that she is unbelievably sick. The only fix for that is for her to get some relief from the stress of the move, and the only fix for the stress is to get through the work she needs to do to move.

This site and the wonderful people here are Suze's true chosen family, and I believe we are the only people who can help her make it through the next two weeks.

Please, everyone, join me in telling Suze how much we love her, how much we believe in her, and how much we want her to see her dreams come true in America.

I will start:

I love you Suze, with all my heart. You are the most amazing person I have ever known. You live your life selflessly and you give love, compassion and care freely to everyone who needs it. You change people's lives and give them the support they need at all times. You deserve nothing less than to have all your dreams come true. I am with you in this 100% and I will hold your hand every step of the way.
Oh Nick ~ my eyes are full of tears....tears of love and gratitude.
I have no idea what to say right now except thank you.

Thank you for your love and your kindness, and your unwavering support. I am blessed to know you and love you, and I will never, ever take that for granted, not for a single second. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥