Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-21-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Welcome! Glad you went to the hospital. Be patient. Things will calm soon.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Have lost track of posts here a little, have to read back.
Sitting in a hotel room, yesterday at hospital, hours and hours of waiting, only to be told that they may not be able to operate on my mother....but she made it in. No sleep night before, exhausted......empty hotel room, a real drinking moment.

Nope. Up this morning, slept, feel way better and no scatter of empties to be furtively disposed of.

Day 16. Will try and catch up on all the new posts later.

All the best ppl
Old 02-21-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Sinking Feeling - Welcome!

BYB and Badger - Hospitals, ick!

Maybe the definition of INSANITY is doing the same thing but HOPING for a different result.

Anyway . . . Day 2 (again). Going to a bday party tonight where there will be drinking.
I will not be drinking.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by milly4me View Post
Sinking Feeling - Welcome!

BYB and Badger - Hospitals, ick!

Maybe the definition of INSANITY is doing the same thing but HOPING for a different result.

Anyway . . . Day 2 (again). Going to a bday party tonight where there will be drinking.
I will not be drinking.
Go Milly-you got this!!!
Old 02-21-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Today is Day 3. I made it through work. Now, I'm home for the witching hour. I would normally have a bottle open. Instead I have sparkling water in a wine glass. Will probably go to bead early. Just have to make it to bed without taking a drink, right?
Old 02-21-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberSadie102 View Post
Just have to make it to bed without taking a drink, right?
Yes .

Well done on Day 3.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Today was a complete emotional roller coaster.... laughed. Cried, was angry, hopeless, etc etc etc..... having to face reality is always my downfall. I don't want to drink, I just don't want to feel is the only way I can explain it. At any rate. I won't be drinking because my sister invited me over, and I ate my weight in lasagne. No room left for anything else!
Old 02-21-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by SoberSadie102 View Post
Today is Day 3. I made it through work. Now, I'm home for the witching hour. I would normally have a bottle open. Instead I have sparkling water in a wine glass. Will probably go to bead early. Just have to make it to bed without taking a drink, right?
Day 3 for me too! Let make sue we stay in sync
Old 02-21-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HFA View Post
Day 3 for me too! Let make sue we stay in sync
Yes HFA!! Let's do this.

8:30 and I'm in bed. It's pretty early for me, but this is how I'm coping/handling things.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257 View Post
Today was a complete emotional roller coaster.... laughed. Cried, was angry, hopeless, etc etc etc..... having to face reality is always my downfall. I don't want to drink, I just don't want to feel is the only way I can explain it. At any rate. I won't be drinking because my sister invited me over, and I ate my weight in lasagne. No room left for anything else!
Hope tomorrow is better--and Yay for yummy lasagne!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

I just found SR last night and have been debating getting sober for about a year. I am a weekend-only drinker, but drink a lot when I do. Today is day 2 for me, but it doesn't feel hard yet, because I don't drink during the week.

I am going on vacation this Thurs-Sun with hubby and friends, which will be my real test. Happy to be part of this group.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought about the kinds of things you'll likely face on your vacation and how you'll deal with them Rural Juror?

D
Old 02-21-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Rural - glad to see you made it! Welcome!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Welcome RuralJuror! Also any new people I may have missed!
It's been a long, but good day for me.
So good to see you all still here and making it a day at a time. Catlover, you are a real inspiration to me, continuing on in spite of having no 'live' support. I have a fear of palmetto bugs. They're like giant roaches. Horrid!! And I'm claustrophobic. That got better for a while but then came back full force in the past year. I hope it gets better as I stay sober.
Sweet dreams everyone.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Have you thought about the kinds of things you'll likely face on your vacation and how you'll deal with them Rural Juror?

D
I am starting by not bringing the things I like to drink (wine and whiskey). I am going to stock up on seltzers & juice and drink that.

I think my biggest hurdle (other than not drinking) will be not drinking without making a big deal about me not drinking. I'm not ready to share my sober journey with my friends (even the closest ones who I'll be with this weekend). I feel like I need to get used to the idea myself before I share with others.

I'm just going to try to relax with my friends and have fun...without drinking until I pass out.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
Morning all, all good here.
Very busy at work. Need to make sure I do t get complacent. Week 3 and 4 are normally my downfall but I'm liking the sober thing it's working for me.
Gonna stick with it.
You got this! Maybe plan a small reward for yourself at the end of week 4 to keep you focused?
Old 02-21-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I'm 24 hours sober and decided to tell friends on fb what I have been hiding and struggling with. Now, I have a childhood friend who offered to pick me up and take me to an AA meeting with him Thursday. I didn't know I had so many people who are attending meetings. I used to make excuses on not going to meetings because I don't wanna walk in alone, I've drove to the parking lot so many times and just drove right back home. I think I'm gonna make some great friends there and here.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try and remember that no is a complete sentence RuralJuror.

You'll feel like you have to explain yourself - but you don't have to - we all tend to think everyone else thinks as much about drinking as we do...

and don't let yourself be fooled into 'just one for appearance's sake' or any other kind of 'controlled' drinking - if we could guarantee controlling our liquor none of us would be here on SR.

It's the first drink that starts the trouble, not the last one.

D
Old 02-21-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Try and remember that no is a complete sentence RuralJuror.

You'll feel like you have to explain yourself - but you don't have to - we all tend to think everyone else thinks as much about drinking as we do...

and don't let yourself be fooled into 'just one for appearance's sake' or any other kind of 'controlled' drinking - if we could guarantee controlling our liquor none of us would be here on SR.

It's the first drink that starts the trouble, not the last one.

D
Thank you VERY much! No is a complete sentence. That may be my new mantra for awhile.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Meow

Glad to see so much success going on around here!

I'm lurking more than posting lately, but am still (silently, I guess) supporting all of you. Keep on keeping on, folks!

(My silence doesn't mean lack of success on my part - just don't have much to say at the moment.)