Notices

Feel like im going crazy..

Old 01-17-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JackDsMissus View Post
Agree with this x100. I've been in an emotionally abusive relationship and didn't realize until a lot of damage had already been done.

How long have you guys been together? Is it possible that his mask is only just starting to slip? It can take 1-2 years before you come into direct contact with the real face of an abuser - they gotta be sweet sometimes or else why would you ever stay.

You don't deserve that treatment, whatever is going on. Being sober will definitely help you figure it out. Hugs.
We been together 3.5 years..his behaviour was evident after we moved in together after 2 months..i left after 11 months but came back.. I generally only see this behaviour when we have an arguement, which is not that often, maybe once a month or 2..& most likely when we have been drinking, if we havent been drinking it ends a lot faster & is less volatile..actually sometimes not..but mostly..but if drunk the esculate to the point where i promise myself I will leave in the morning cause I dont deserve this but then I dont.. I bottle up my feelings/thoughts with him & cant articulate them well to him..
He mostly treats me very well so its hard to remember the abuse when the good times happen again..

I had an abusive bf years ago & he wasnt nice all of the time..it was easy to know the answer to what to do then but when they are nice most of the time its hard..ive never stuck up for myself or done the right thing by myself at the right time...

Anyway..im day 3 down, in bed & happy to know I wont be hungover or groggy in the morning..
Thanks for your support guys its awesome..
Old 01-17-2017, 03:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
We been together 3.5 years..his behaviour was evident after we moved in together after 2 months..i left after 11 months but came back.. I generally only see this behaviour when we have an arguement, which is not that often, maybe once a month or 2..& most likely when we have been drinking, if we havent been drinking it ends a lot faster & is less volatile..actually sometimes not..but mostly..but if drunk the esculate to the point where i promise myself I will leave in the morning cause I dont deserve this but then I dont.. I bottle up my feelings/thoughts with him & cant articulate them well to him..
He mostly treats me very well so its hard to remember the abuse when the good times happen again..

I had an abusive bf years ago & he wasnt nice all of the time..it was easy to know the answer to what to do then but when they are nice most of the time its hard..ive never stuck up for myself or done the right thing by myself at the right time...

Anyway..im day 3 down, in bed & happy to know I wont be hungover or groggy in the morning..
Thanks for your support guys its awesome..
Ah I see, yes I see why you're confused (add drinking into the mix and life becomes even more confusing!) When I used to read up about this stuff, I did come across something about people who take offense when there is something wrong with you or if you have a problem (with them or in general). It's like they see you as an extension of themselves and they take it personal if you're not happy for whatever reason. I forget what personality type that particular trait belonged to. I know people don't tend to fit neatly in these boxes anyway and tend to think we are all on some kind of spectrum, it just depends where we fall. So perhaps he just a few traits here and there.

Getting sober and the clarity that will bring will help you figure out what is really going on and what/if you're willing to put up with those moments. Day 3 is a great accomplishment. Keep going and taking care of yourself. x