Notices

It's Never Too Late Weekender July 22 Part 2

Old 07-26-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Ok I actually sent him a message to say what a **** I think he is, and surprisingly I feel pretty good. Whether he will read it or not I don't know. But the days of me just lying down and taking **** from everyone is long gone. I originally wanted to send him a message on Ok Cupid but his profile is gone. Whether he has deleted me or blocked me I don't know and I don't care.

Actually I'm on my second cup of coffee and feeling much better. So well in fact that I saw a consultant in the clinic - I am also covering for his secretary while she is away - but I was never formally introduced to him. So I wandered up when I saw he was free and said "Hi! I'm Tetra. I don’t think we were properly introduced. I'm covering Mary's typing while she is away and I'm sorry about all the spelling mistakes". (Mostly mistakes because I can't understand his Northern Ireland accent.) He just smiled and said "it's nice to meet you. Don’t worry the typing is coming along nicely".

Imagine that there was a time when I was too afraid to leave my parents house and now I'm wandering up to people and introducing myself.

My father was correct when he said I was a miracle and every day I amaze myself more and more.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Goood morning everyone
Old 07-26-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
I see the badger!
"We don't need no stinkin badgers!"

sadly, the turnips greens were tossed in a pile in the yard...

narrowing down my 'decorative grass' search, gotta look at soil requirements, water requirements, blade height, bloom height, spread, if it is on the invasive species list for PA, summer color, fall color, will the blooms survive winter, what kind of pests like it, etc...

all I need is one specimen plant to fill up the corner next to the deck that won't grow into the walkway, be tall enough to be appreciated from the deck, but not humungus that it grows up to the roof/rain gutter... any suggestions?

it's hard work I tell ya!

and, since we had a good rain yesterday and the deck is still wet, it's a good time to get out the drill and drive or replace deck screws that are sticking up above the surface... looks like a square drive screw was used - great... means they are gonna strip... knee pads are called for for this, then after it dries out a little outside I can tackle the weed garden I have growing in the front of the house, and use up the rest of the mulch...

we used the last of the blueberries yesterday... looks like apples and walnuts and honey in my oats... and black coffee...
Old 07-26-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Rock on, Tetra!

Brain, you need a Nandina.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Morning all. Slept for nine hours. Guess I was tired.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post

Brain, you need a Nandina.
As Bodhi would say, "Not a hope." NO BAMBOO type plants. They are worse than morning glory... all I want is a clumper that won't spread...

I realized the two bowls I cook my oats in are in the dishwasher - but if I had waited ten minutes...
plan B - two johnsonville brats, a small can of mushrooms, what was left of a jar of salsa all cooked together until dried, add three mixed eggs, top with cheese... and cover with a sliced avocado...

since I didn't eat since around noon yesterday, I'll be fine...
Old 07-26-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

There are non spreading nandina.

I swear. what I go through to educate the unknowing.

Having a good morning.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

okay, so it's a non-spreading plant, oh, I have one in the front...
won't work - any variety - where I need to place it...

okay breakfast complete, called visa people to verify tix purchase was approved, I always call cc company when I buy something more than a couple hundred bucks... and they know it...

guess it's time to go to work... punching the clock at 0815 today...

enjoy the day....................................
Old 07-26-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

I'm having a really nice cup of strong black coffee, mmm. Mental cobwebs slowly dissipating.

That's all I got haha, I'm still foggy.

I hope everyone has a great day!

It's going to be less hot here than it has been, still mid 80s but this weekend was brutal, so hopefully this'll feel like a respite.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I got nothin' on the non spreading clumper.

And I still don't see the badger, but I did see something that looked like a walrus profile.

Good morning rogues xo
Old 07-26-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
I found it!
Old 07-26-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm so happy with all you people...spossed to be 100 here again today...lucky you
Old 07-26-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

With a nod to Weasel , this one's for Bim:

Mornin Enders!
Old 07-26-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sunshine

On my shoulders

Gives me sunburn!

I live in the South.

It burns!
Old 07-26-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Congrats, Lady Blue. That must be a good feeling.

Tetra, as someone who went through the end of a relationship not long ago, I know it hurts. The one thing you've gotta do is keep moving forward. Get up, go to work, make it happen. Not easy, but so necessary.

Later from your sober-lovin', summer-lovin', Michelle-lovin', SCTV-lovin', O'Jays-lovin', SR-lovin' and this thread- lovin' correspondent.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Mesa I honestly couldn't care less about what people say to me on internet forums.
I only care about the way people talk to me on THIS forum, and more particulary THIS thread.
Because everything I write here is really personal, and I consider people here to be my friends
Friends are usually the people that have to say the hard stuff, though. When I went into rehab, my friends called and my family got together and talked to me before going in. I couldn't see what was best for me - it was weird because I thought I knew, but I didn't. I was lashing out at those closest to me because they were the only ones who knew my problem was real.

My favorite defense tactic was putting on my scientific lab coat and pointing to "The Body of Work" that I'd accomplished. I'd traveled the world solo, managed to have a decent apartment in the big city, and even had a decent career. How could you look this evidence and say I had a problem?!? It was so frustrating to hear the goodie-two-shoes' keep telling me otherwise. Grrr!

In rehab I met people similar to me, and that was most helpful. We are similar to you, Jen. Each one of us, combined, have experiences that match yours. We just want you to live a healthy life and enjoy it to the max. You have a "high ceiling" and can do a lot in this world, don't confuse concern for criticism.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Do your best

I hope your wearing sunscreen trachs
Old 07-26-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
Happy Tuesday -
Lady blue....congratulations for getting back to work again. Must be a big relief.
Time for more coffee and then a walk with my furry babies.
Let's have a great day -
Old 07-26-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Just handled a very tricky work situation calmly. When I was drinking, I would have either panicked or become really angry, probably stewed on it all evening, drinking in a futile attempt to solve the problem.

I felt really calm today, just normal stress in a stressful situation. Feels good.

B
Old 07-26-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I went several years without a full-time job, Lady Blue (by choice). I was so happy to get back into the routine of working - it has really helped my self-esteem (and pocketbook). It gives me a sense of purpose every day. Congratulations!