Notices

Stay Sober Weekender June 17th......

Old 06-19-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Oh yeah- when I say budget $20 a day, that's after my rooms.
No way could I make it on only $20
Old 06-19-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Come back anytime obo xo
Old 06-19-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Ya pegged me, Melina!

Watching the Moon through good Binocs wif MesaDog in a nice Beeze...
Old 06-19-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Bodhi, you may be friends with guys behind bars, but regardless of their background or proclivities, they ARE after all, behind bars . I'm glad you got a refund and a safer hotel. if it says $40 a night and it's in the city, it's probably a dangerous dump.

Kids finally in bed. I'm actually reading the paper today. I'll go back to yoga tomorrow. I skipped last week.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Omg jsbodhi. ....I was afraid just reading about the hotel and the scary people. I'm so glad you got out of there and to an airport hotel. I heard that some of the sleezy hotels have drug dealers who move rooms every few days. Lots of undesirables hanging around. Thank goodness you are safe.
not much new around here. I guess I'll read a little.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Bodhi, you may be friends with guys behind bars, but regardless of their background or proclivities, they ARE after all, behind bars . I'm glad you got a refund and a safer hotel. if it says $40 a night and it's in the city, it's probably a dangerous dump.

Kids finally in bed. I'm actually reading the paper today. I'll go back to yoga tomorrow. I skipped last week.
True ruby!
Except roanoke is going away for about 3 years soon on an old charge....
Guess I have a new pen pal?

Anyway, when he gets out I may return and marry the guy haha

Can you guys see it? Me living in small town alabama? Couple of kids?

Maybe ha- it's only 1.5 hours from atlanta.
I have a thing for redneck country boys with a criminal past.
Someone save me from myself.

I'll enjoy myself in the meantime
Old 06-19-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Hi, all.

Jen, I'm glad you found a safe hotel. I feel safe 95 percent of the time when I travel, or more, but there's no worse feeling than being in a totally strange place and feeling vulnerable or lost.

Just got home. Two-plus hours with the former flame, spent entirely driving around the cities in his convertible. As summer evenings go, this one was nearly perfection. So fun to see downtown from the passenger seat. The heat wasn't even detectable in the car, conversation was good and back just in time for the predicted thunderstorms to begin.

My, oh my. Now how to sleep. The head vs. heart battle is already underway, though I don't see a way for what once was to be once again. Maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe wishful thinking and rose-colored glasses. So much to like there. Wish I could teleport some of you fine ladies here so I could talk with y'all. Ah well.

We stopped underneath the 35 Bridge. This is the one that replaced the bridge in that terrible collapse about nine years ago.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:56 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Ven I love your pics!
I love everyone's pics- the traveller in me really appreciates all of them. Xoxo

One for the road- gonna go to sleep and catch my flight tomorrow.
This one is for my Alabama sweetheart.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JmWbBUxSNUU
Old 06-19-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Another angle

Oddly enough, the most unsafe I ever felt in a hotel was in rural Minnesota. Something hinky was going on in the room above me. I'm pretty sure it was drug-related. Begged the manager to do something about it ... he clearly was too scared to take any action. Yeek. Get the creeps just thinking about it.

OK. Going to try to figure out how to get to sleep.

BTW, Bodhi, I cannot even remotely envision you in rural Alabama. I thought Roanoke already was in prison and got out ?

Your part of Canada looks pretty heavenly, I think.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Good night all.

Jen, safe travels tomorrow.

Venecia, it sounds like a lovely day. I'm sorry you've got the wistful thoughts going. I hope you get rest. I'd like your thunderstorms. Maybe in the morning?

See you all later
Old 06-19-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Another angle

Oddly enough, the most unsafe I ever felt in a hotel was in rural Minnesota. Something hinky was going on in the room above me. I'm pretty sure it was drug-related. Begged the manager to do something about it ... he clearly was too scared to take any action. Yeek. Get the creeps just thinking about it.

OK. Going to try to figure out how to get to sleep.

BTW, Bodhi, I cannot even remotely envision you in rural Alabama. I thought Roanoke already was in prison and got out ?

Your part of Canada looks pretty heavenly, I think.
My part of Canada is out of this world!

Roanoke was already in prison......
Going back again...
I asked why- he said he was chasing the high he got from Somalia and the military.
He said he's been chasing that adrenaline rush since - which I find interesting- it's not about drugs.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Well....I was trying to get to sleep and I felt something crawling on my leg! Turned on the light and initially couldn't find anything. Then a large cricket appeared fromantic under the blanket....I was able to catch it and put it outside, but it gave me the creeps. Now I have to try to get to sleep again. ..now that I'm wide awake.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:20 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning beautiful people have a nice day today everyone
Old 06-19-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

I don't know- I sometimes think they might just be bad guys.
I don't mean like psychopaths- but just bad.
I know both brothers quite well and they're both just- bad, but very kind- its hard to explain

Quite clever too though- both brothers are far above average intelligence.
They were both raised as criminals by their criminal father ( no mother)
Not much of a chance probably

Roanoke doesn't smoke, use drugs or even drink.
He has no excuse ha
Old 06-19-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Just a quick note for everyone!

I'm going to stay off the internet for a while- I got rid of tv and I think I'm going to take an internet break too and see how I do
I'll stop by to check in xo
I want to spend my summer with hiking, books, yoga, people, guitar etc

I will return
Xoxo
Stay safe!
Old 06-19-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

I'm glad you're safe Jen

Obosob - you can do this, just try and have something to do to occupy your mind when the cravings hit. Thank you for being honest and posting, it is hard at first but really, really worth it

Cool pics Venecia, I will look up the bridge online

I had 8 and a half hours sleep last night so feeling somewhat restored but not had coffee yet
Old 06-19-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Do your best

I had a excellent sleep last night too Sao so good when that happens

Just enjoying my first cup of PG Tips

Are you still in France ?
Old 06-19-2016, 10:09 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's good Soberwolf - yes, last day in France, driving home today
Old 06-19-2016, 10:19 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have fun Sao I just saw an article on Jason status in attendance

Jason Statham is effortlessly cool with Jackie Chan and Brad Pitt at Le Mans 24 hour race | Daily Mail Online

Mondays puzzle

Can YOU find the words hidden in the water park? | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-19-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Oh, Venny, I totally get the head/heart deal, and the craving for your SR girls to come chat and hug it away.

I wondered if that would be rough on you to hang out with him. You did get a sweet convertible ride out of the deal. That's always fun.

Love is hard. Adulting is hard. Making good decisions that protect us is hard, even when we know it's necessary. If I keep saying platitudes like this, it'll be stupid. Blech. How about if I just say I recognize the varied and mixed emotions in your words and I understand, and I'm here. Xoxo

Sometimes I don't want to make good decisions about men. Sometimes I want drama and excitement and something whirl-windy. I pretend I don't care about the pain of the ending. But I've been chicken so I just watch from the sidelines, bc I truly don't think I'm equipped to handle a lot of relationship drama right now.

I'm still hung up on the dreams of my ex and his kid and being a family, and that's enough for me to know I have no business putting my heart and quite frankly my body in play anywhere with anyone until this all calms down and is in the rear view mirror. I'm trying to give time to time. Super hard.

I think sometimes it's hard being over 40 and trying to date bc a lot of the guys have enough of their stuff together that they look good on the outside. It's not like in my 20s when the expiration date of the fling was clearly stamped on their forehead, bc we were all hot messes and could easily bounce back. And even though we thought we were invested, we were fine shortly after it ended.

Now I gotta suss out the crazy and/or go on gut. And they do the same with me. Seeking out minor dysfunctions, addictions, baby momma drama, debt issues, etc all in the guise of "getting to know each other."

Adulting. Not for the weak. Hehe.