Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

47 days in, still cramps all over and not sweating an ounce... :\

Notices

Old 02-08-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long story short , last summer I extremely dehydrated when we lost AC...Doing Yardwork in 100 degrees , cam into the house where it was 95...Still throwin back beers..beer and yrdwork just go hand in hand right?

Then went to FL in Sept and had a few Beers there and it was in the 90's..

Then returned to some awesome medication interactions that whooped my hind end......(Cymbalta, Hydralazine , Ativan..etc) all while extremely dehydrated..

Livers fine , kidneys are fine..

But I think I was so beyond dehydrated and kept pushing myself physically , that at 47 days, i think I am just now starting to detox this crud...Skin is burning , not sweating , retaining water.....I sweat one time a week ago , and it all came out of my head...Sweat was so thick it burned my eyes..Nothing since then..

I am cramming ginger tea and green tea down my throat hoping something kicks in...
Old 02-08-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 47 days sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ohhh good... You mean this facetiously??? ", it gets better" ...lol

Anyone else get dehydrated to the point where it takes over 2 months before the body and mind decided to spare some hydro for sweat or am I just plain broken down and tore up??
Old 02-08-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think Least's point is that if you've visited a doctor and already ruled out any other cause for your weird dehydration symptoms, then they're probably alcohol-related.

If they're alcohol-related, then they can't get any worse as long as you stay sober. This too will pass. You have no way to go but up.

If it helps, I had all kinds of weird symptoms for months after I finally quit for good, including feeling alternately dehydrated and bloated, but they all eventually went away. It was just a matter of being patient and not drinking no matter what.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 47 days that's amazing - have you had a check up from the dr ?
Old 02-08-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Congrats on the 47 days.

Have you been to a doctor lately to see what they think about the water retention and not sweating?

If not it might be a good idea, if your body really is retaining too much water it can adversely affect your health.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks ya'll...I was kidding with Least up there..I try to find humor when I can...

Yeah..Definitely have seen a Dr., all tests, MRI's , catscans run , etc...

The conclusion seems to be TMJ and sleep apnea...And I hope when that sleep stuff gets corrected , that a lot of this will improve 10-fold...
Old 02-09-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How much water do you drink daily and do you do any exercises?
Old 02-09-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I drink 4 - 5 32oz glasses of water a day..Legs hurt to bad lately to exercise. So I will go to a few stores , walk around and grab a few things...Then I am done...That's where the sleep apnea comes in...Nothing is repairing itself as quickly as it should...
Old 02-09-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear you are still struggling Nofear. Have you ever considered anxiety as a source of some of your health issues? I am learning more and more that my anxiety was most likely one of the things that i was trying to cover up with my drinking my whole life, and it also has manifested itself as health anxiety since i've gotten sober. I'm finding that quitting drinking in itself was not a cure for this, and there is no medical cause of it. Therapy, exercise and trying to find a spiritual ( not religious ) component of my life that has been missing are the 3 thing's I'm concentrating on to help. Anxiety can definitely manifest itself as physical symptoms - which should always be followed up on of course, but it seems you've done some pretty extensive medical testing with lots of different doctors, right?
Old 02-09-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Scott...Anxiety is definitely right up there with a current diagnosis per several Dr's...In some ways , that may be part of the sleep apnea , because even when I am "sleeping" , I tend to stop breathing...Always feel half awake..
Old 02-09-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Nofearnobeer View Post
Scott...Anxiety is definitely right up there with a current diagnosis per several Dr's...In some ways , that may be part of the sleep apnea , because even when I am "sleeping" , I tend to stop breathing...Always feel half awake..
Have you seen a counselor or therapist or just MD'S? If you haven't I'd give it a whirl. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than a doctor visit to boot in most instances!
Old 02-09-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This sleep apnea stuff is supposed to help a lot with this stuff...Going in early March for the study...