Notices

Here we grow again Weekender Feb 5

Old 02-05-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Damn, he wants to go out tomorrow.
Looks like it'll be me and my books tonight- I'll haunt these pages too.
My self destructive moment seems to have passed anyway, I'm good.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Did everything on my list today yay!!

Corn tortillas with cheese and avocado for supper. And no bim, I'm not copying you on the avocado

Jen, have fun. In this case, the man is the less of three evils so go for it!

((Venecia))
Old 02-05-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hope everyone is having a great Friday just finished my workout now it's time to make dinner and relax.

Day 4 down. Feeling good!
Old 02-05-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Aw crud Jen! Hate when that happens and by tomorrow you might not even want to go out with him!!
Old 02-05-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Well done, Mike!
Old 02-05-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Aw crud Jen! Hate when that happens and by tomorrow you might not even want to go out with him!!
I know haha
I'm going to go and buy a new yoga mat, and sign up and pay now, for a class in the morning.
That way I'll have to stay tonight.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Thanks brynn!
Old 02-05-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

7:15 and I just want to go crawl into bed with my heating pad and kitties. Dinner was great, and the kid ate every bite. It was a stir-fry with noodles - kind of a riff on yakisoba. But with ramen noodles instead of soba noodles. And not the gross seasoning packets that come with ramen - just the noodles. I have the recipe pinned so I can find it again.

Jen - good idea to be proactive on the yoga class. I'm sure once you get back home and settled in you won't want to go out and drink.

Venecia - it's hard to live with a bad boss. Start looking. Who knows - you might find something sooner than you think.

Ok folks - have a good rest of your evening. I'm going to read and fall asleep. Was up at 4:30 this morning.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Good night folks. Long drive today. Very tired now. I hope everyone is keeping well.

B
Old 02-05-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Everyone is going to bed NOW? Bodhi, glad you got over feeling squirrelly. Have fun tomorrow night.

MLD, I hope you feel better. Get some rest.

Sao, did you have to walk UP all those stairs on the way home? That would be a workout. Some of those tube stops have steep, steep, stairs and escalators.

I finished the writing project. It went well. It wasn't marked all over as much as I anticipated during the edit. I said I would do another one as needed - just not today. I need to get my research and writing skills back to where they used to be. Or even improve. Go figure!

I'm exhausted myself. And I ate like crap today. An Arby's roast beef sandwich for lunch. McDonalds for dinner. A piece of cheesecake for dessert. Bleah! At least I had one apple.

Tetra, gorgeous picture.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Night Marty and Behan!

I haven't had McDonald's in ages....I love their fries! glad your project went well, Ruby!
Old 02-05-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Ate way too much! Surprised they didn't offer me a cane when leaving the Mexican restaurant.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Welp ~

Home now, all safe & sound, after 2 long Driving Days. Kinda in Weather Shock, having gone from 72 F [22 C] top Temps in AZ/NV to 5 F [-15] C in Utah last Night, to 12 F [-11 C] here tonight. 2 Nights ago it was -15 F [-26 C] in Utah, so we kinda dodged a Weather Bullet there. ~1/2' of Snow here that I had to very carefully power through in 4WD to get the Trailer to the House.

Had a nice Lunch in Utah. The view of the Colorado River out a massive Picture Window by our Table is below. Whatta difference a measly 405 Air Miles makes from the Palm Tree-laden spot we were at by the same Colorado River for just over a Month. We were trippin' at Lunch just watching the Ice swirl around in little 'Hydraulics' past the Bridge Supports. Sunny and warming here all next Week, so good timing there.

The House & Trailer & My Life all have been Alcohol-free since a Marital Throwdown last Thanksgiving. Not surprisingly, therefore, Life is feelin' quite good right about now.

A smidge of Editing on your Post, Jen, might convey more accuracy:

'No bad men, no booze, no drugs, no food'.

Killer Pic, Tetra!

Old 02-05-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Alright, home safe and sound.
I bought a pretty new yellow yoga mat, a skipping rope and an ankle brace for my bad ankle I destroyed last summer when I was wasted.
Now I just have to USE these things....... The journey begins with a single step or some bloody thing

Not sure what to do now! Maybe paint! Or be totally useless and play around on the internet.

((((( ven))))

Glad the project went well Ruby xo

Mesa: I once had crazy weather shock- I left Canada in feb a couple years ago- it was -42 celsius To bangkok + 35 celcius in less than 24 hours, I nearly fainted when I got off the plane.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Colorfy was an App that MesaMate was really enjoying down in AZ/NV on her iPhone. 'Paint' Mandalas...

It's free, but I don't know if meets Forum Rules re: Commercial 'stuff'. So, I won't link it.

Our Personal Best Weather Shock several Decades ago was going from -10 F in Denver to 102 F in Sydney. A 62 C net change in Temps. We chowed a 'Special' Brownie at LAX before Boarding the Over-Water Flight Leg. Made ~13 Hours in a Coach Seat cruise right by...
Old 02-05-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Great pic, Mesa! Love the icy water and grey weather!

Jen, I'm kinda antsy/bored tonight which is weird cause I usually never get bored! I think I might be entering a new phase or something! Like I've been hunkered down this last year trying to figure stuff out and been a little shell shocked and haven't wanted to venture out too much, but now all that's changing! Yay! I played some poker tonight but I keep winning so it's not very challenging! I should've gone to school this semester. At least I'd be doing something productive!
Old 02-05-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Great pic, Mesa! Love the icy water and grey weather!

Jen, I'm kinda antsy/bored tonight which is weird cause I usually never get bored! I think I might be entering a new phase or something! Like I've been hunkered down this last year trying to figure stuff out and been a little shell shocked and haven't wanted to venture out too much, but now all that's changing! Yay! I played some poker tonight but I keep winning so it's not very challenging! I should've gone to school this semester. At least I'd be doing something productive!
I usually don't get bored very easily either Brynn, but the last week-2 weeks I've been bored.
I think its like you said- I'm also entering a new phase too, just gotta get rid of this extra energy and restlessness I have.
My game plan is to work out a lot- I don't like gyms, so I've been going for long walks, gonna add in some more yoga classes, jump rope and there's a swimming pool down the road I can swim laps at.

I love poker too :-)

I'm also taking less classes than usual this semester, so I miss the extra school work- and I don't have any papers to write this whole semester either- so no research
Old 02-05-2016, 08:43 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Good night everyone
got home late from work and spent some time with nurse jackie. Season 3.
I hope I didn't miss anything on this thread. Too tired to catch up.
See you all in the morning.
I love weekends!
Old 02-05-2016, 08:56 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I am really really looking forward to this weekend with no plans. I predict all lounging and puttering for a couple of days.

I still have a lot of unpacking to do.

I bought two new kinds of ice cream. I'm going to find something good to watch and just relax.

Quiet and relaxing, it feels great!
Old 02-05-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
I am really really looking forward to this weekend with no plans. I predict all lounging and puttering for a couple of days.

I still have a lot of unpacking to do.

I bought two new kinds of ice cream. I'm going to find something good to watch and just relax.

Quiet and relaxing, it feels great!
What kind of ice cream?
I'm moving next weekend, getting excited too.
Is the new place starting to feel like home?