Notices

Convalescence's Recovery Journal

Old 12-02-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Convalescence's Recovery Journal

Hi there,

I wanted to start a recovery journal on this forum documenting my progress as I recover from alcoholism.

I am currently 24 and want to live the rest of my life free from this stuff. It really impedes my moral and intellectual growth and threatens to hurt my loved ones. I accept responsibility for my actions in the past, am asking for forgiveness, and am willing to change forever.

I think that having a journal on a forum like this will help the healing process along, as community interaction is a great motivator. Plus, I'll have the opportunity to help and support others here.

That being said, today is day 1 of the rest of my life. I'd like to keep posting here periodically throughout my recovery.

Hope everyone here is well. Please stay encouraged, I believe in you all - let's get better together!
Old 12-02-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome Convalescence!

I hope you read around and post in some other threads too. Here's our daily check-in thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5670647
Old 12-02-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Convalescence, and congratulations on your decision to lead a sober life.

What a fabulous decision, especially at the tender age of 24.

Journaling is a fantastic way to document your journey to and through a sober life. You will find lots of SR support, understanding and encouragement along the way.

Very glad you found us.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Convalescence
Old 12-02-2015, 11:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Convalescence

D
Old 12-03-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Convalescence!!
Old 12-04-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the comments, all.

Today was a pretty good day at work. Kind of stressful, but I ended up getting my tasks done and felt good about it in the end.

On Monday I have to drive somewhere on a business trip and I've been a bit anxious over that. I keep telling myself whatever happens, happens. I just get nervous at the thought of getting lost or something, I suppose.

I have been feeling a lot better since I made the decision to start journaling on here. Today is day 3 of my recovery process and I plan to continually come back here and jot down the progress I make as I heal. Just talking about my feelings in general is cathartic, for sure.

Have a nice weekend, guys!
Old 12-05-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

On to day 4,

I did some basic chores around the home and am feeling alright, just a bit anxious still about Monday. I'm not looking forward to the long drive to an unknown location, but I keep telling that things will be okay. I know that staying upbeat is important for mental health.

Not much else to report at the moment. I know these next three weeks will be very busy, with work and family responsibilities, but I'm ready to see what they bring and deal with things positively.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi, Convalescence .

Do you have good music to listen to during your drive on Monday?

Safe and happy travels!!!!
Old 12-06-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on day 4
Old 12-08-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So today is day 7, and I'm feeling pretty good. The business trip yesterday went smoothly, and I'm confident if I have to drive back there in the future I'll be able to. It's nice being free of those feelings of anxiety.

I'm continuing to take my recovery seriously. I'm confident that my future will be bright and free, and I'm going to do what I can to help others have that as well.

Here's to tomorrow!
Old 12-08-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing great and Day 7 is awesome!

I'm glad your business trip went well. It's pretty normal to have increased anxiety when you stop drinking, so hopefully that will ease up for you.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on a week Convalescence
Old 12-11-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 10, and all is well.

I'm feeling a lot more confident and less anxious now that this is underway. Glad to be leaving this baggage behind so that the rest of my life can be full of accomplishment.

Work has been pretty good recently, I'm really excited to see my parents for Christmastime. They've been a huge blessing in my life and I know they'd want me to be sober. This is for me as well, but their love means a lot for my recovery.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It's day 13 right now - nearly two weeks since I first started journaling.

I've been having some emotional low points recently. Just some feelings of intense sadness that I can't pinpoint the origin of, but I have a better way to deal with those feelings now. Everything is well in my life, so I'm really confused as to why I'd feel glum. Maybe it's just my brain readjusting itself to cope with emotions and circumstances normally? Hard to say, really.

At any rate, I know that being on this site and keeping a log continues to help. Despite those rough moments of gloominess, life is infinitely better sober. I've accomplishing a lot of the things I wanted to these past two weeks and plan to keep it up - it will only get better from here on out.

Here's to tomorrow - that is, week 2 of the rest of my life.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things will get even better so long as you stay sober convalescence

congrats on your upcoming 2 weeks

D
Old 12-14-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi, Convelescence. Interesting read. Thanks for sharing and good job on 13 days.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats bud
Old 12-17-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement, all. It really means a lot to me.

Day 17 so far, and still doing alright. This week has been kind of discouraging concerning Christmas vacation and due to a few unexpected, huge work assignments. It seems like everything is happening at once and kind of overwhelming, but I'm pretty sure things will work out. I will get a nice break soon, so that will help as well.

Staying positive is important for me throughout everything. I'm confident that it only gets better for here. If nothing else, being sober is certainly a huge boon to my mood.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Wow, you are awesome, convalescence. ...what a wise young person you are. Congratulations to you! Keep going -