Notices

Convalescence's Recovery Journal

Old 12-22-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 22, still feeling good. Just exhausted at the moment... I had to stay up all night working on a last-minute assignment for work.

Going to get some shut-eye and hopefully finish things up. I couldn't be more ready for Christmas break and the chance to see my family again.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 22 Convalescence
Old 12-26-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 26, and feeling great. It's almost been a month since I started my recovery work, and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Take care over the holidays, everyone. Healing is possible and we can all help each other through dark times.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 12-29-2015, 09:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

One month tomorrow, and still doing well.

I'm a little anxious about a coding project that's going on right now, but confident that I'll get it done before the year's end. 2016 is going to be a year characterized by sobriety and new beginnings for me.

Again, I really appreciate all the love and support from this forum. Knowing there are others out there who share my struggle and can encourage me to walk the right path has been integral for my healing.

Hope everyone is doing well. If anyone feels discouraged, please know that you don't have to be defined by a substance. Things do get better, no matter how discouraging they seem now. Your existence never has to amount to a destructive rinse-and-repeat cycle... you are worth so much more than that. Just never give up.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

So I think it's been about 35 days or so.

There are still various things that stress me out and work and in life in general, but I'm staying positive and reminding myself that I have better ways of coping with them than addiction. Living life ruled by anxiety and compulsive behavior isn't worth it for me, and no matter what happens I never want to go back to where I was.

Hope everyone had a lovely New Year. I'm going to work hard to make the best of mine, for sure.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

40+ days as of now, going strong.

Things are well in life. I feel at peace and am continuing to grow as person free from the burden of addiction.

Hang in there, friends. Things may seem impossible in the moment, but with each other's help change is possible. Never entertain the thought, "I can't do this." There are people here for you and real, lasting change is possible with support from this site.

Whatever means you use, just don't let feelings of isolation and helplessness rule you anymore. Healing can happen as soon as you want it to.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Still staying sober and living life as it was meant to be, just stopping by to wish everyone well with their recovery efforts.

Happy soon-to-be MLK day!
Old 01-16-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you Convalescence

D
Old 01-24-2016, 02:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Things are going well in life, despite some work stress. I'm able to cope with these situations in a way that's mature and adult no, rather than depending on a drug for short-term emotional "relief".

I know I'm not perfect and have a long way to go, but I keep posting here and dealing with what I can as I'm able. It's going to be okay.

Many thanks again to the SR staff and members for being so supportive. I'm very grateful for all your help and know you're all playing a role in my recovery. I hope to do the same as I journal. Maybe the things I jot down here will encourage someone?

Have a nice Sunday all, take care.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job Convalescence keep up the excellent work
Old 02-04-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Still here, still strong.

Hope everything is well, friends. We can do this together!
Old 02-04-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Yay, Convalescence!! Thanks for sharing your progress here!!
Old 02-04-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing amazing x
Old 02-16-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

This are going well, still staying strong in my recovery. Checking in here is always encouraging.

Even though there are some tough situations going on at work right now, I know I'm in a much better position to handle them than I was two months ago. I've been embracing the reality that there are better ways to cope with bad situations than alcoholism, a truth which seemed completely unrealistic shortly before. Being free is a huge blessing no matter what my life circumstances. Though I'm a bit discouraged right now and unsure what my future holds, the constant security of a peaceful, addiction-free life gives me hope.

I'm thankful to God and everyone on this forum who's helped me for support. I'll keep posting here and am always available to help anyone's who needs it. Take care, friends.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Do your best

I like reading your posts keep em coming Convalescence
Old 02-27-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thanks soberwolf, I appreciate all your encouragement. Things are pretty good and stable in life. I still have urges of course, but managing them is realistic now. I know that I'm in a better place and will never go back to where I was.

Have a nice weekend all!
Old 02-28-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you, you too
Old 03-28-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Still here, still doing well... I don't always post on this forum, but seeing others get better from addiction and knowing this place gave me hope and healing is an incredible blessing.

It's been about three months since I my last addictive bout, and life is stable and normal now in ways that didn't seem possible back then.

Take care, friends.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:01 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Convalescence

D