KeepNitreal -13 days
BlackBirdFly -7 days
Noolan -2 days is awesome!
SwimKim -11 days
MeShelly -7 days
Thumbelina -22 days
Lisa247 -1 day-you can do this!
Jackie1214 -1 day-never EVER give up!
WalkTheLine-1 day-you are stronger than you think! You WILL do this!
Supertired -7 days
Jsbodhi - "in between 30 days somewhere" :-)
Max74 -21 days

*REMEMBER-all we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...
Old 11-21-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Apparently we talk a lot!!!!!! Good night to all and I hope you enjoyed Sober Saturday. I know I did!!!
Old 11-21-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

After 11pm here on a Saturday night. Nice dinner out then met up with friends in a bar and the musicians are also friends. I had NO, NADA, ZILCH cravings! I had battled that AV all day and won.

Going to bed SOBER on a Saturday night, woohoo!
Old 11-21-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nite everyone! We made it thru Saturday! Amazing!!! :-)
Old 11-21-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi!
Sober check in for 10 om sat night
Just working on a paper for school
Hope you're all safe and sound
Xo
Old 11-21-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Please add me back in. Just finished another day 1 after making a complete ass of myself last night. In better news, my stomach issues have cleared up in spite of me. I'm going to cling to the embarrassment of last night like it's my freakin' life raft.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
Please add me back in. Just finished another day 1 after making a complete ass of myself last night. In better news, my stomach issues have cleared up in spite of me. I'm going to cling to the embarrassment of last night like it's my freakin' life raft.
Ahh yes, the day after shameover! I know the feeling all too well.
Even if I was good while drinking, I still feel like a loser for drinking at all.
Xoxo
Old 11-21-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hope one day I can look back at all of the embarrassing things I've done and laugh at myself. Someone please tell me that at some point you can look back and separate the you of your past from the you of today?

The thing that makes me the most sad is that I feel like this is not me. I mean this clearly is me. I'm the one with the problem, but this is not who I am. Or who I could/should be. Does that make sense? I am mortified by myself and when I think if child me could see me now... she'd be mortified too.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hope one day I can look back at all of the embarrassing things I've done and laugh at myself. Someone please tell me that at some point you can look back and separate the you of your past from the you of today?

The thing that makes me the most sad is that I feel like this is not me. I mean this clearly is me. I'm the one with the problem, but this is not who I am. Or who I could/should be. Does that make sense? I am mortified by myself and when I think if child me could see me now... she'd be mortified too.
It goes away, at least for me it does, I can't always laugh at my behaviour but I can look back without cringing and just accept it for what it is.
There are millions of alcoholics, so literally millions of people feel or have felt the same way you feel right now.
Xo
Old 11-21-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Checking in, day 3, so glad to wake up sober, the fog is lifting....!
Old 11-22-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh I so know how you feel! Glad you are back at SR to get the support you need.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning, checking in on day 7, coffee in process. The allergies are kicking up making me feel like I have a slight hangover but I don't!

Will be spending today doing more things in preparation for surgery tomorrow afternoon. Great gloomy day to stay in and cook some meals ahead for the week. First up is an old family recipe for spaghetti sauce and maybe some chili.

Have a great morning, will check in later.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Daria

I can look back at things that happened, and feel I've atoned and made amends for them now.

My life today is far more present and interesting for me, than things that happened in 2007 or earlier.

I don;t believe we should have to live with shame and guilt forever. There has to be a point where we forgive ourselves and move on.

It's simply not healthy if we don't.

D
Old 11-22-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Waking up on Sunday morning hangover free. Feels nice.

Did a bunch of reading last night on urge surfing so I'm going to try to apply it when the cravings hit {3:00 - 5:00 p.m.} today. Will let you know how it worked for me.

On to Sober Sunday...
Old 11-22-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Free your mind

13 days clean after a bad 6 month slide into heavy addiction. This time I swallowed my pride and got professional help. Intensive Outpatient has been the best help I have ever had for my issues. Please don't be afraid to ask for help if you are struggling. You are worth it. Yes, you.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Checkin in on a sunny Sunday morning here in the North Atlantic.
Made it through a week and feelin good about it. Pretty constant barrage of AV but feelin like so far I've done a good job of quashing it. Where I failed last time, was putting myself in situations I wasn't ready for (I.e. Night time social things), the updated plan is to avoid them till the holidays as best I can. That being said I've reached out to a few good friends who have been understanding and will definitly be ok with hanging out without drinking. Lucky to have them.
Lucky to have found you good people
Be safe
Old 11-22-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

This was me a week ago Friday/Saturday. I woke up Saturday morning in my own bed with no clue how I got there, where I had been or what I had done. The last thing I 'sorta' remember was snacks at a pub, the bathroom, and my husband saying he was going home. I had some wristband on my wrist from someplace I couldn't remember. Bruises started forming on my body (some still aren't completely gone) so I know I must have been stumbling around or falling down or running into things/people. I haven't asked much more than where I got the wristband from, no one else has offered up much more information, so I have left it at that. I don't really want to know. This of course, isn't the first time I have done that, but it most definitely was the last.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Checking in. I have almost 2 weeks of sobriety in. Feels pretty good. Got a new hairdo Friday feels nice to be pampered. Cheaper than drinking too.

My baby's been sick with diarrhea and I finally brought him to the ED yesterday and the poor kid has an ear infection. So hopefully both issues will go away now that he's had antibiotics. I'm glad I'm present and not drunk so I could deal with that and help my baby like a mom should. He's such a good boy despite being sick. Always has a smile and doesn't cry much.

Haven't had too hard of a time with the AV...yet. I'm armed and ready though! Congrats to you all! Keep up the good work!