Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 3

Old 11-24-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Still trying to get to day 1. Feeling pretty helpless. Sad sad sad about my marriage. I'll get there but this might not be the time. Reading your stories is inspirational but I'm not strong enough now. I'll get there. I would like to be able to check back in regularly bc I still need help. I might not be stone cold sober but I need this place to keep me regulated. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Kiki have you ever seen my little pony? I read your posts in pinkie pie's voice. Lol. Keep that energy!
No I haven't seen it. My sponsor said to "fake it til I make it" so rah rah rah....goooooo class of November 2015!!! lol
Old 11-24-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
Still trying to get to day 1. Feeling pretty helpless. Sad sad sad about my marriage. I'll get there but this might not be the time. Reading your stories is inspirational but I'm not strong enough now. I'll get there. I would like to be able to check back in regularly bc I still need help. I might not be stone cold sober but I need this place to keep me regulated. Thanks.
Stay with us! We care about you! Drinking or not no one is judging you! We care! I will say extra prayers for you. I'm so sorry you are sad. Don't beat yourself up. You are a good person with an addiction that you WILL beat. Xoxoxoxo
Old 11-24-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I second the motion for you to stay. Something may "click" and then you'll be ready.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that alcohol is a depressant so though you are being soothed in the immediate moment, it's only going to make you feel worse long term. Been there done that.

Just climbed into bed. No AV today with post op nausea.

Looking forward to saying good morning to day 10!

Good night all!
Old 11-24-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Patricia- you feeling better now? Did you silence the AV?
Today was another tough day. I'm still in a very low mood. I wish I could have a good cry and get over it! But I can't, I just feel blah

AV is talking non stop, totally taking advantage that I'm feeling depressed.

But at the end of the day I managed to recognize and accept that this is part of the withdrawal process. I quit alcohol and I'm tapering anxiety medication, which is probably the biggest cause of my depression. So I need to be patient...ugh patience is just not my thing...

I'm going to take some 5-HTP tomorrow while I wait for my other supplements and cut down on sugar.

Have a great sober evening and thank you so much for checking on me!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Today was another tough day. I'm still in a very low mood. I wish I could have a good cry and get over it! But I can't, I just feel blah AV is talking non stop, totally taking advantage that I'm feeling depressed. But at the end of the day I managed to recognize and accept that this is part of the withdrawal process. I quit alcohol and I'm tapering anxiety medication, which is probably the biggest cause of my depression. So I need to be patient...ugh patience is just not my thing... I'm going to take some 5-HTP tomorrow while I wait for my other supplements and cut down on sugar. Have a great sober evening and thank you so much for checking on me!
I'm sorry to hear today was tough. Keep fighting...you're doing this! Do you exercise at all? For the past week I have taken a brisk walk for 30 minutes each day. Today I didn't. I was an emotional, anxious, depressed mess by the time my husband got home. I just started crying for no reason! I am gonna be sure to get my 30 minute walk in tomorrow! It WAS helping!!!
Old 11-24-2015, 10:40 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Just hanging on at work. Man I hate Tuesday's - weds morning. Thankfully the semester is over in two weeks and I can stop doing these long days. Tired. But, hey, I got to ring in 11 days at the stroke of midnight. It's been a couple months since I've been here.

Thinking of you strange angel... hope tomorrow is a better day.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

The greatest robbery

Breaking free from a prison

I got to sweat it out and get in shape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihsj5u9_Agw
Old 11-24-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Day 6, almost a week, yay!!!
Old 11-24-2015, 11:44 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

McVicar is one of my favorite albums - not a bad film either

D
Old 11-25-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Today was another tough day. I'm still in a very low mood. I wish I could have a good cry and get over it! But I can't, I just feel blah

AV is talking non stop, totally taking advantage that I'm feeling depressed.

But at the end of the day I managed to recognize and accept that this is part of the withdrawal process. I quit alcohol and I'm tapering anxiety medication, which is probably the biggest cause of my depression. So I need to be patient...ugh patience is just not my thing...

I'm going to take some 5-HTP tomorrow while I wait for my other supplements and cut down on sugar.

Have a great sober evening and thank you so much for checking on me!
Hang on in there Patricia and give yourself a huge hug for staying sober whilst you're feeling so low. It will get better and of course the lack of alcohol in your system will eventually contribute to better moods in the long run....as you know!

I take a bit of a cocktail for my depression and anxiety.
5-HTP, multi vitiamins with high levels of vit B6, Turmeric and high strength fish oils.

That lot plus quitting the booze and a diet packed with green vegetables works pretty well for me. We're all different though.

Good luck and keep pushing through. :-)
Old 11-25-2015, 02:04 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Evening class.....hi to the new people who've come on in today.

Strange Angel.....don't walk away, okay? I've found it really hard to get up to the starting gate, have failed many times. Early sober is hard, it asks for a big investment when you're often just not in the frame of mind to be able to make it. So hang around....the right moment will arrive for you. And when it does there will be a lot of great company and support here for you.

All the best everybody, lets all live another day...

G'nite
Old 11-25-2015, 02:09 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice day guys
Old 11-25-2015, 03:08 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me
Old 11-25-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Morning all and hugs to all. I wish I could do what Kiki does, but fear it would blow my mind atm!

I didn't get the job - apparently I came across as too hard. First thought was, oh, F it, another thing that proves I'm rubbish, useless etc. I may as well drink.

The second thought was, oh do shut up. Like that would help anything. Phoned my sponsor and another lady I'm close to and we had a good laugh at that response. Yes, getting drunk would make it soooooo much better. As if.

Onwards and upwards. Day 22 and I leave for meeting in 7 hours. Until then, I will be on this site and pottering about, doing reading etc.

Go class. SV x
Old 11-25-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not a competition strangeangel - we don't shoot our wounded.

The very best place for you is here with folks who understand and support you.

Don't give in - don't even compromise - whatever decisions you have to face you'll make them and face them better sober.

your addiction would love to thin you out from the herd - don't let it.

D
Old 11-25-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry it didn't pan out snowvelvet but you have a great attitude

what happened amitranjan04?

D
Old 11-25-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Day 2...trying to put the last several days behind me. Its so hard getting over the embarrassment and regret. Today I am going to get back into my routine, focus on the positives and reflect on the good things in my life. Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-25-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good morning class, day 10 for me.

Going to work a bit later than usual this morning, being kind to myself as this hand recovers. As a matter of fact, I'm being kind to myself in general, part of my personal recovery plan.

The AV is being quiet lately - amen! Though I know that despicable voice can roar in my ears at any time. I truly don't anticipate any urges or cravings to drink tomorrow, historically it's been turkey day eve that's been my problem. This year? Not going out, staying in to make some food for tomorrow.

Off to get ready for work, will check in later.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Day 3 already...that gives me a little confidence at least. Holidays are basically here but no incentive to drink. Tomorrow will have thanksgiving at a friends so I'll have to be strong but not too worried. Can't afford any more relapses. I've been online at SR for 3 years, really wanting to change my life but still not been able to kick the addiction fully yet. Lots of sober time during that period, a month here, a few weeks there. This time I'm going to have to be so much stronger. I just can't go on like this, repeating the pattern, the vicious cycle of addiction and recovery. Finding the strength to get back here and stay sober is not easy but I know it's the only option...