Notices

newby

Old 11-29-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks hawkeye yes they are coming up and yes I have a plan just hope it works although more than not I feel strong but I know I can come here to get support which is fab especially from you guys who have been in my position - out for a meal tonight with a client the hubby and a friend the 2 guys drank brandy and 2 beers I had 2 strawberry cocktails (virgin) without alcohol and they were lovely so it was no bother at all - thank you so much for your messages it means a lot to me xxxxx night night all i will check in tomorrow on my day 18 xxx
Old 11-29-2015, 10:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

DAY 18 folks.... yipeeeee
up at 5 15am made bed done washing done dishes fed dog made hubby a cooked breakfast etc and excitied for work!!! its so differrent to a few weeks ago waking up groggy still feeling drunk after a disturbed sleep stinking of wine and dragging myself into shower and being so unsteady on my feet having to hold on so i didnt fall over - maybe having a beer for breakfast to stop the internal and external shakes and dry wretching !!!!! yep those were the days I just need to keep reminding myself of how horrible I felt!! i will check in later guys and please all have a great day x my son and grandaughter arrive tonight at midnight for a couple of days visit so am looking forward to that too xxxxxxx
Old 11-29-2015, 10:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Old 11-29-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

lol xx
Old 11-29-2015, 11:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

Right now you might feel like you want to jump out of you skin. It gets better trust me. I've said more and more times on posts that we cannot get healed. That is part of my acceptance. I'm not a bad person. Your body is sick but so is your mind and spirit. If you want what we have then do what we do. Read literature but don't go with these trendy cure yourself from alcohol trying to make money. Most of what you read on here is experience Just avoid things that make you hungry angry lonely and tired. Get lots of sleep eat good food don't get into arguments when you can help it stay with good people that don't drink
Old 12-01-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi everyone hope all are ok and having a good sober day?? day 19 for me tday and not tempted at all.....
grandaughter enjoying her visit and am enjoying having her she only 5!!
am still very very tired and mind racing but hope it calms soon
thank you all for all the support and even when I havent much to say or dealing with an issue or problem its still nice to check in
I look forward to it xxx i will check in tomorrow on my day 20 xx
Old 12-01-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going sue

D
Old 12-01-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

thank you Dee xx
Old 12-01-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

day 20 - is it natural to count the days since last drink or should I just forget days etc ? feeling good sone and daughter came home last night very tipsy/drunk with bottles of wine in tow - I must admit I was tempted and had an internal argument saying oh 1 glass wouldnt hurt and then sober sue saying why do it you dont need it etc - so sober sue won the argument and am so pleased about it as would have been full of regrets this morning .... Getting ready for a day at the office and a full day planned which is good x hope your all gonna have a great fruitful day guys cos I am - I will check in later grandaughter goes back to uk tomorrow so making the most of today with her xxx
Old 12-01-2015, 11:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some people find counting helps Sue and some don't.
It's up to you really - whatever helps the most
Old 12-01-2015, 11:40 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Do your best

Day 20 is awesome
Old 12-02-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi Guys

I have justr had a mega accident!!! there was cake at work for us all to share and I had a piece - not until the last (bottom bit of cake) mouthful I realised it has alcohol of some sort in it - could not be helped as I really didnt know and cant beat myself up about it as was total accident - have any of you done something like this?? Sue x
Old 12-02-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Do your best

First off don't panic you done this unknowingly

There are lots of diffrent cakes and unfortunately some contain alcohol

Be more aware of this & youl be ok xx
Old 12-02-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

It happens from time to time to most of our members, Sue.

I think it pays to be really careful about what we put in our mouths - but if you were genuinely unaware, I'd just chalk it up to experience and move on.

D
Old 12-02-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi Sue and welcome! My son is also on Antabuse and it has been a blessing. best wishes to you and many more sober days ahead!
Old 12-03-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

H
i guys all of you I totaly ****** up and drank wine last night - I am gutted really I am and have the worst headache ever - I hate wine and hate me for doing it much happier wen sober and answered my own struggle with regards christmas and holiday \\\i never want to drink again Its evil to me xx
Old 12-03-2015, 02:08 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

What happened Sue?

D
Old 12-03-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Do your best

Time to update your sober plan Sue don't let this snowball

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 12-04-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

hi Guys
after 20 days I drank was tempted and the temptation won - back to day 2 again after being so very sick all day yesterday... My husband hates me and cant even be in the same room as me as he is furious and hurt and upset - I have apologised but falling on deaf ears - I know relapse is the nature of the illness and I have no excuses atb all it was totaly my fault - dont know if hubby going to leave me this time as he has defo had enough of my drinking ...... I am at a loss and totaly gutted depressed and desperate !!! sue x
Old 12-04-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like soberwolf says, update your recovery plan Sue - you can do this

D