Notices

darkness

Old 09-03-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'll talk more later. My beloved Minnesota Golden Gopher football team is playing right now. Take care, all of you.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

You don't sound like a loser to me Jeff. I think a lot of us would like to have accomplished half of what you've shared you've done.

I know you're not a meds guy, but maybe you're depressed?

seeing your Dr might help - they may give you a referral to a psychologist or something?

D
Old 09-03-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

When we're down or feeling stress, our minds can do mean things to us. Been there. Felt that.

Don't listen to the second-place trophies stuff. We all have greater value than what we feel when times hurt.

I know it sounds trite, Jeff, but just try to weather the storm. I was going through some sad feelings a couple months ago. They go away.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You need some Buddhism in you!

Seriously, life isn't a race. There's always going to be people ahead of you, and people behind you, so you'll always be in 1st, 2nd, 5th, 18th, or whatever place your mind decides.

Don't fret it so much. Again, life isn't a race / competition. Anyone who says it is has their priorities mixed up.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Jef, seriously, hang in there. These dark moments are a part of it, a part of real life. They have to be lived and dealt with. Drinking will not make them go away and most certainly will not make them better. I have been dealing with the absolute worst moments of my life these past 10 days. For real. And that is saying something considering the horrible things I have had to deal with. But I did it. I did it sober and I can assure you, even with only a minimal amount of time sober, I assure you that it was immeasurably more doable without alcohol.
I don't know what your post is about but I promise you that drinking will only make it worse. You might forget about it for a night but tomorrow it will still be there. It will still be there with a raging hangover to boot.
Come on. You know better than this. Hang in there, you can do this.
Hi Mera, I've learned that drinking does not cure anything, so no worries there. A workout? Would love to, have had thousands of them. I can't Mera, I just started riding a stationary bike in PT this week with zero resistance for my knees and it was very painful. It will be a year (they tell me) before I can actually workout to the point of sweating through my clothes (which to me always signified a successful workout). So, sorry, no workouts for Jeff for a while. But thanks anyway.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hey Jeff, come back and tell us whats going on, man?

D
Dee, I'm sure you had a myriad of emotions over a period of months while you straightened out your life (for good). I am simply going through the same things. I like to take a self inventory now and then, I like to check my moral compass now and then to see if I'm "fit" to be on this earth. And now and then, I have doubts. Today I had felt emotions (i've been told that's a good thing), and I turned to you guys to express some of those emotions. If I tell anyone else here in Merika I might end up on the fricking department of homeland security watchlist. Anyway, its a just a day. Tomorrow is my birthday, maybe that had something to do with it.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Talk to us, Jeff.

You've been on an emotional roller coaster for the last couple weeks. SR is here for you, friend.
Thanks Venecia, just a little turmoil today mentally and emotionally. Life has no "instruction manual" or textbook to get us through the tough times, so what's a guy to do? I can't refer to a blueprint to see how I should handle "life".
Old 09-03-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aellyce View Post

So seriously, Jeff, what's going on?
Congrats on the pregnancy, I think your signature sums it up pretty good:

“Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him.”
- Aldous Huxley
Old 09-03-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zufrieden View Post
Hi Jeff
You are going through a lot and this business decision is huge. Whether or not it is a good move it must still be very bittersweet. Your state of mind is probably to be expected. You, me, all small business owners ... Throw everything we have into them. We love them and hate them at times but they are ours and can tend to define us too strongly.
How are you doing with the sale/dissolution? I'm here if you ever need to talk.
Jonathan
Hi Jonathon, I am quite pleased actually. After meeting with my tax attorney, I will not have to file bankrupcy. I will simply liquidate, square existing small debt, and disconnect phone number, website etc... and be off and running in my new life. I was very fortunate not to end up a quarter to a half million dollars in debt, in fact its under 20K, so I can get out with my head held high. Just no fight left in me, and I'm a broken man at this point. Time to rebuild.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Whatever's going on, Jeff, don't turn your back now on those who want the best for you. We're here.
I wouldn't do that do you guys. And after what I learned in the winter of 2014 and the danger of alcohol, I don't believe I will ever return to the death sentence I had put myself on with spiced rum. You folks here at SR have been my lifeline.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You don't sound like a loser to me Jeff. I think a lot of us would like to have accomplished half of what you've shared you've done.

I know you're not a meds guy, but maybe you're depressed?

seeing your Dr might help - they may give you a referral to a psychologist or something?

D
It might be a good idea, but I don't trust doctors as all information is documented and uploaded to DHS here in the US. A loose lipped doctor once confided that in me. All information each week is uploaded to the University of Minnesota and then on to DHS.

The last thing I need is another pill, I have a closet full of **** right now un opened because I know where that leads.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

If you aint first your last. Come on man we all know that's bs. Just watching Talledega nights. Its all about team work. Shake and bake Jeff
Old 09-04-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi Mera, I've learned that drinking does not cure anything, so no worries there. A workout? Would love to, have had thousands of them. I can't Mera, I just started riding a stationary bike in PT this week with zero resistance for my knees and it was very painful. It will be a year (they tell me) before I can actually workout to the point of sweating through my clothes (which to me always signified a successful workout). So, sorry, no workouts for Jeff for a while. But thanks anyway.
If I understand correctly, it is your knees that are the problem. There are a lot of other exercises you can do that do not require the activation of your knees. You know better than me, so who am I to tell you?! But I know how important strength training is to you and I also know from personal experience how good it feels to do it. I hope you won't allow yourself to be defeated. I know that PT and recovering from injury is no joke and requires patience and appropriate allocation of energy, but there are things you can do and I think it would be useful for you.

As for this second place loser stuff, are you kidding?! No, I assume you are not because you typed it out here. Your feelings are valid and important, they are not right or wrong, they just are. That said, there are many here and I imagine many in your face to face life who would wholeheartedly disagree. We've only chatted a time or two but what I gathered from those interactions is that you are a successful, intelligent and kind person.

Re-read what Troy said, life is not a race. Who are you competing with? And what is the point of this perceived competition? Those are legitimate questions, I am not trying to be fresh. In my humble opinion, at the end of the day what is important is that we gave our best, we accomplished what we were capable of given our resources and that we conducted ourselves in a manner that we were able to hold our head high upon waking and lay our head on our pillow at night with a clear conscience. If you can manage that, you are a true success, #1, first place winner in my eyes.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Jeff, let me put it this way. When things like this come up in my mind, do you know what I try to remind myself to do? I try to remember to fast forward my life to when I'm laying on my death bed, taking my last breaths of air. What will I think, what will I remember, what will I care about?

One thing is for sure, I won't give a flying F about what society thought about me, or whether I was perceived as number 1, 2, 5, 15, or whatever. That will be the last thing on my mind.

Just saying, it doesn't matter. Don't worry about it so much, live your life, and be the best person you can be around those who know and love you. The rest is just fluff that comes and goes as the years tick by.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:56 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Jeff! Hope today is a better day for you.

Hang in there. You're among friends
Old 09-04-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee, I'm sure you had a myriad of emotions over a period of months while you straightened out your life (for good). I am simply going through the same things.
I did but tbh I felt more relief than darkness.
I'd already walked through hell, Jeff....y'know?

It might be a good idea, but I don't trust doctors as all information is documented and uploaded to DHS here in the US. A loose lipped doctor once confided that in me. All information each week is uploaded to the University of Minnesota and then on to DHS.

The last thing I need is another pill, I have a closet full of **** right now un opened because I know where that leads.
Ok.
I hope you can find your way out

Happy Birthday

D
Old 09-04-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

xxxxx
Old 09-04-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey Jeff ... if I lived closer I'd bring you around one of my flourless chocolate cakes with some yoghurt and fruit. Since I can't, consider this a virtual delivery

Happy birthday!
Old 09-04-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Happy birthday!
Old 09-04-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Jeff! Shake and bake buddy! Have a great day!