Notices

Forgive yourself Weekender Thread Aug. 28th until..

Old 08-31-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning, rogues!
Busy day ahead of me - babysitting most of the day and then packing up and transporting the last few lingering things at my grandmother's house. Laundry, bed sheet changing, and other assorted chores, too.

Have a great Monday!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

I just got a rejection e-mail from the job interview I did last week.
Actually, I am feeling quite low at the moment. Every one says I have changed over the past 9 months but these past few days I can feel myself slipping back into old negative ways of thinking.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Itwillbeworthit, have a great time catching up with your sister. That sounds fun.

MLD, hugs! I hope there isn't too much at your grandmother's although I suspect that it'll take longer than you think. The little things usually do.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Tetra....you'll get just the right job at just the right time. Have faith.

Hard to believe summers almost over. A little boy in the neighborhood informed me there's only 18 weeks till Christmas?? He was concerned that he hadn't written Santa yet. Cute.

Have a lovely Monday y'all!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Tetra

Be kind and patient with yourself. I was out of work for a while despite going to interviews etc but a job came up through a source I didn't expect and I have been in work for two months. It will come along!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Tetra - try to enjoy this bit of time off. You WILL find other work. From what you said about that interview, maybe it wouldn't have been right for you anyway. And there could be lots of reasons you didn't get it that have very little to do with you. Big Companies have very specific requirements and it could be there was just one tiny little thing missing from your CV that someone else had. Don't take it personally.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

150 bucks cash in my pocket - deleted ad less than 15 hours after it was posted - pretty good turnaround I must say...
and the lights actually work on the 3 foot xmas wreath --- I shouldn't have ripped off the red bow...
Old 08-31-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Good morning Rogues!!
Tetra...the job wasn't for you, that's all. For all you know, the bosses niece may have been a shoe in for the job. There is a better one out there for you. I know it's frustrating and hard to not think you did something wrong. Enjoy your time off-you are still grieving and the time off is good for you right now.
I think I'll go have some oatmeal.....I love oatmealwith chopped apple, blueberries, and maple syrup, and raisins. Yum!
Old 08-31-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

I'm in the bacon and eggs camp here. Not a fan of oatmeal. I'll eat it, but it's a chore. I'd much rather have cream of wheat, even though I know it's basically breakfast junk food with all nutritional value coming from added vitamins. Actually, my favorite hot cereal in a bowl type thing is grits. Hard to come by up here in the northern Midwest. I mail order good grits.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Oh - I don't mind steel cut oats. Takes forever to cook, but very good.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Tetra, I know the feeling of back sliding into old thinking and feelings. It's disheartening sometimes. Just keep in mind that for nine months you had a place to go and things to do. Suddenly, that's not there. It's like slamming on the brakes. It will take some adjustment. Time is your friend. Take time.

Congrats, Brain! That's fantastic!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Had a sober weekend, worked most of it and made pretty decent money, up at 7:30 mon morning and feeling good!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

I'm making a sweet potato soup tonight which will be the most productive thing I've done all day!
I love bank holidays :-)

That's good news Brain!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Well done, Jane!

I'm hungry right now. I have to start eating breakfast. You've all given me good ideas.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Do your best

Were having Winner winner chicken dinner

(Nando's lemon & herb marinated chicken) & Salad
Old 08-31-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Oh the drama continues with my daughter. SIL showed up drunk here last night saying he wanted to see his daughter "one last time before he leaves." She convinced him to stay and sleep it off. So he's still here. He's going off the deep end. And he's not supposed to go anywhere before his last court date which is very soon. (Long story). I feel so bad for her that I went ahead and gave her the reference for the apartment. And promised to get the mold cleaned up in case she has to stay a while. Methinks it's really just mildew. But still. We will eradicate it.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Hi all... Ed and I had some interesting conversations dealing with his health and drug withdrawal... yep... may I say... I still feel like I missed so much in life... he does understand a bit. not much.. he came from a family that had it all. and let him do whatever he wanted. travel money money and then the drinking and drugs... and just whatever he wanted.. me I am the oldest Sister Child Grand Daughter of so many.. had to mind my p's and q's since forever... never had much just my kids and the harder I worked the little more we had.. they have great lives and if not for my son .. Ed and I would not have a roof over our heads.. true so true... some times I really do feel that I missed a lot of life and all the whatever so many have had. its hard to think of a person with so much money and great life that they spend it on drugs and then have so many problems... jobs that pay just 10.00 or so per hour don't pay alot of bills . but we just keep trying to balance and stay afloat.. sorry my rambles as an old lady... hugs to all.. stay safe and love ardy
Old 08-31-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Ardy, hugs. Ramble away! Sometimes it's rough. You work and work and try and still seem to have an empty sack at the end of the row.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

MLD, keeping you in my thoughts. Drunken visits. Eek. I hope it gets sorted out.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

hang in there Ardy...

OH boy -- I just went back for a curb item with a FREE sign on it and picked it up.

going on CL for 35 bucks. This could be the beginning of something bad. Don't tell my wife please. I have a ton of stuff to go through and catalog. Then organize a yard sale. I did see a sewing machine for 45 bucks... Do I really want to do this????????

what am I turning into?

Last edited by LBrain; 08-31-2015 at 08:46 AM. Reason: white trash