# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of July 2015 Part 5

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-20.html

D
Old 07-28-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

well alcohol free as of july 12 pretty late in the game.
my lego house is crawling by. it's a good visual as it represents all days present in mind as much as possible.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Woke up in a panic and disappointed with myself for drinking last night. It took a good few minutes to realise I didn't drink but had dreamt about it.

Have a great sober day everyone
Old 07-29-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Morning all,

Day 14 today and I am coming back to England and the joys of SMART meetings, phone signal, wifi and tv! Been great to get away but I cannot wait. Small matter of the 7 hour drive should also keep me out of trouble.

Pleased I got through last night, was in a right funk. Feeling better after a good sleep.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just an update: I talked to my cousin and she said "I thought I could just have a few shots and be ok.. But I realize I just can't drink period" I told her pretty much all the details as well but in a non judgmental way. Like being my silly self but still being serious. : P thx for being there team .
Old 07-29-2015, 01:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is so fantastic CAGY - well handled!! You never know, you may just have saved one or more lives. I wonder if she would like SR? Just a thought :-)

My temporary, lurid yellow front tooth has been replaced with one that matches the others. Phew. Still more work to be done but at least I don't look like a bag lady for the time being. My loved ones had been like, "Oh no, no, no.... you can't notice it at aaaaall". Yeah right. My dentist laughed his head off when he saw it :-D

Have a great day everyone xx
Old 07-29-2015, 02:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

Checking in on day nine and feeling positive.

Jimuk - you had me worried there for a moment!
CAGY - glad you cleared the air with your cousin

Yesterday I went for two walks (short, due to rain and the aforementioned reluctant dog) and a swim and sauna. I feel that I am regaining a little bit of motivation.

I also finished crocheting a small blanket which I started on day one sober. I had never done crochet before but I thought that learning would help my brain to recover and doing it would keep my hands busy on an evening. It is working for me; it's impossible to drink anything with your hands full of wool! Learning a new skill was a challenge though but in a good way . I gave the blanket to my daughter who loves it. I feel very proud that I have done something productive with my evenings rather than wasting them in a sozzled fog of uselessness.

Have a strong day everyone.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great way to spend your time Bluebird and to give such a lovely gift to your daughter. I'm proud of you :-)

Sorry for the scare. X
Old 07-29-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thoughts ppl ! Thank you. I appreciate them. New day today- got some sleep finally. Looking forward to working hard in the hot !!
Had a old friend send a long text about feeling suicidal, again. It rattled me at 2am. Depression is so bad on people. I've tried time and again to get him to get help. He won't stick with anything. Can't make a person do anything. Feel bad for them.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sober day 26 beginning. I remember reading about all the unfortunate things alcohol does to our brains but have also found some really positive benefits from abstaining. The study I link here shows returns of volume and functioning withing 2 weeks. It suggests this goes on for some time and different regions of the brain recover at different rates.

So, on the nightmares if I had to guess I'm thinking this is part of the physical recovery of our brains, with each person being different. The PONS region (implicated in dreaming) may recover at different rates for different people.

Rapid partial regeneration of brain volume during the first 14 days of abstinence from alcohol. - PubMed - NCBI

I have a bit of stress today as I take my younger son to the endocrinologist. He's type 1 diabetic and I can't escape the feeling that our HBA1C (ave blood glucose for the last month) numbers are like a report card on how "good" a parent I am.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Good morning class and all our other members and supporters! Welcome to the last couple days of the July 2015 class thread as newcomers!

As Dee74 posted, the thread will still be alive, just moved to another forum so August 2015 can be the newcomer. I hope we all stay connected here as well as supporting the August class.

I'm moving into day 27 today with a positive attitude and a solid resolve that "I will never drink again". I'm still attending my IOP therapy almost as continuing research, today will be day 8. I plan on taking it to day 12 (4 weeks) and then set myself free, unless my counselor thinks I should just cut myself loose today...we'll see.

Stay under control today everyone, don't let your emotions rule your decisions on substance abuse, and stay connected here if you feel you are slipping.

Have a great day!

Old 07-29-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Bob free thank you for that link. Gonna reread it all day today ! Thanks agsin
Old 07-29-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Howdy!

Bluebird - I'm impressed. Way to go! I love things from the heart!

BobBF - thanks again for the link sir! Will check it out.

JL - wow. The last thing you need is a suicidal friend texting you in the wee hours. You must have the kind of personality that attracts people to you. Not sure what I'm trying to say here.... A helping personality or such. Gosh your friend needs to get medical help.

Well, I have an old pair of readers on and it's kinda cloudy! The text is tiny on my phone! Always on the fly tho so my phone is it.

Take care and have a good day.

Olivia
Old 07-29-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 7

day 7 today. I am doing well and paying close attention to my AV as I put sober time in between my relapse. I won't let it talk me into thinking I can drink normally again - I've been there, done that!
Feeling good about my progress so far happy Wednesday all!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 4 today. Also started The South Beach Diet (as my doctor suggested) to lose weight. Walking 3 miles every morning. These changes have made a huge difference for me this time. Much thanks for this website!!!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Toadie you sound really positive - so good to hear. Keep it going!

Jl2014 - sorry to hear about your friend, that must be really tough on you so early in sobriety having to deal with those types of text messages. I hope they get some help, I've been there and it's awful but it's not fair to lump the worry on others.

About half way home now (still in Scotland, not crossed the border yet. Quick pitstop for a coffee before hitting the road again. I'm going to miss the accent!

Congrats on a week kittycat I am also very much on guard from my AV. Particularly because I've been in a bit of a funk the past two days. It's these times I need to be super vigilant and tell it where to shove it's suggestions...
Old 07-29-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Starting Day 4. Going to be one of the hottest days of the year here - in the 90's with high humidity yuck! Can't believe July is almost over. My daughter got her kindergarten assignment yesterday and it is hitting me that she will starting school in a month. I am feeling a bit emotional about it. In the blink of an eye she has grown up. Time goes too fast and I don't want to waste anymore of it with this obsession of alcohol. It has to stop now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and sober day!!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning all, lots of people doing really well. BBF, thanks for that link. I love reading that sort of thing.
AV has been kicking a bit more lately but I'm OK.
Soon will be back teaching and also will babysit often while my daughter works evenings. I'll be super busy which is a good thing. I'm going to work on an action plan that I type out so that I don't lose my sober bearings once it's crunch time. I might use this link or part of it, just to keep up a good routine and get uber organized for the near future. https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf
Wishing all a great day!
Old 07-29-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi all

I'm back after a week camping and I did it sober

I kept noticing others drinking, some getting the beers in in the morning. Others later in the day (that would have been me) and then I noticed some not drinking at all just tea coffee etc which encouraged me I have to say

m
Old 07-29-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Martina...I'm actually surprised how many people my age DON'T drink!
(I'm 60)