Notices

So many hangover symptoms

Old 06-29-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So many hangover symptoms

I'm sitting here with side pain, shaky hands, foggy vision, lethargy, anxiety..on the verge of panic. Restless legs. Horrible body odor. Pain in area where I think the liver is located. Guilty thoughts. Borderline depressed. Pending doom.

Sound like your hangovers from the past?

I'm going through that right now and feel alone
Old 06-29-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scared1234 View Post
I'm sitting here with side pain, shaky hands, foggy vision, lethargy, anxiety..on the verge of panic. Restless legs. Horrible body odor. Pain in area where I think the liver is located. Guilty thoughts. Borderline depressed. Pending doom.

Sound like your hangovers from the past?

I'm going through that right now and feel alone
Sounds difficult. ....just think how great tomorrow will be, with no hangover. Hang in there! Get hydrated and curl up to watch a show. Tomorrow will be better
Old 06-29-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel so bad Scared. If you're really worried why not see a Doctor?

D
Old 06-29-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The early days are the worst Scared1234. Hang tough and you will start to feel better. Once you get out of that pit of anxiety never go back, it's in your hands. I remember that feeling far too well ugh.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There's nothing a doctor can do for me. I already have a prescription for panic attacks, but I REALLY don't want to pop pills to cure hangover anxiety. It's just too slippery a slope. I really really really don't like the drink anymore but I drink nowadays cuz I don't know how to live without it. So bad Dee
Old 06-29-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Scared, how many hours of sobriety have you had so far?
Old 06-29-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds more like withdrawal than a hangover. A hangover is your body trying to cleanse itself of the alcohol while withdrawal is it craving more. At least that's how I see it.
I wish I still had hangovers. A headache and slight dehydration that got better as the day progressed.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Scared I have been there-on day 3. I still cant drink with out a straw with out my jaw clamping. Totally sucks! A lot of good advice on here. Its helped me.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, the good news is you never have to feel this way again. Print out your original post and put it in your wallet and read it the next time you start having thoughts of drinking. I appreciate your post as it is helpful to others in maintaining their sobriety. Thank you for your share.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scared1234 View Post
I'm sitting here with side pain, shaky hands, foggy vision, lethargy, anxiety..on the verge of panic. Restless legs. Horrible body odor. Pain in area where I think the liver is located. Guilty thoughts. Borderline depressed. Pending doom. Sound like your hangovers from the past? I'm going through that right now and feel alone
been there so SO many times.

Guess what?

That never happens again when you stop drinking and choose sobriety.

You're not alone. And you can do it.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Scared you can do this. Take care of this now. These will just keep getting worse and worse if you keep going back. Your not alone. We know exactly how your feeling. I'm glad you know what is causing it. I was having these symptoms for a long time before I knew alcohol was causing it. Make this the last time. You hold that key.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hang in there and keep checking in with us. There is a better way of life waiting for you on the other side of these withdrawals. Just don't take that next first drink no matter what and you'll never have to take the second or third or tenth drinks that will almost inevitably follow for us alcoholics.

I also second Dee's suggestion that if the symptoms continue or worsen that seeing a doctor might be the right decision. Alcohol withdrawal is serious business.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Casey is right , there's definitely a better way of life .
I really empathise with you scared.

It's not fun & you imagine the worst when you are going through it all alone.
Try to stay hydrated. Eat something , no matter how tiny , just a little something. A few bites of toast .

Stay here and read, read , read & then read some more.
There are so many lovely people on this forum willing to help you get through the worst.

God only knows why drink ourselves into oblivion for a few hours only to suffer the horrendous after effects which last way longer.
You think we would learn by now , but we don't , it's a process .

An ever vigilant one , I'm really hoping your impending doom ends soon. It's seriously ' the pits ' but it will pass.

Go to bed early or maybe you haven't left your bed. ......read, read read ...
Old 06-29-2015, 10:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya scared. keep close to sr, we can help you get through this.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I feel for you scared. I remember the days after too well. I use those memories to my advantage. You will make it through and feel better but remember this thread and come back to it when you feel like you might cave again. Remember how awful you feel, the impending doom. I know I never want to go back to that place. It will only get worse every time as well.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yup. I used to come here and read the stories through those symptoms and days. Then it would fade from memory as I got better. I finally made an account a few days ago when I literally couldn't type do to shaking. I just want documentation of my feelings during that time so I can go back to it.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

We've all been there, the good thing is you don't have to go through this ever again!!