Notices

Newbie Weekender Sober Thread June 25 Pt 2

Old 06-30-2015, 02:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I was just teasing. You can get me back in the winter when I'm whining that it's 45F/7C outside and so so cold that I can't even leave the house.

Speaking of weather, I just woke up because a huge thunderstorm came out of nowhere at 4 in the morning. The wind is blowing the rain so hard against my metal front door that it woke me up and now I can't fall back asleep. The internet says the wind is only blowing 11 MPH right now. The internet is wrong. Looking at my window, it has to be blowing at least 40-45 MPH and maybe even more. The trees in my front yard look like one of those pictures you see of branches blowing with a hurricane in progress. The rain is coming in almost perpendicular to the ground instead of falling down from the sky. It's horizontal rain.

Good on you for getting ahead at work. Have a great day! Use that extra second wisely!
Old 06-30-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Crap I blinked and missed that second!
Old 06-30-2015, 03:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hasn't happened yet, Della.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ok when should I watch for it? You spend a lot of time shaking your head at me don't you Trach?? Lolol
Old 06-30-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Tonight, midnight.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Ok good I need the extra sleep!
Old 06-30-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Me too. Woke up at 4 AM.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Well, I think somehow England stole my summer, or Ohio has decided to make me feel at home, it has been days now of cool, overcast and raining. I am over it! I want the sun out, so I can complain it is too hot!

Woke up early, not sure why. Mr. Fireman is coming over at noon. And repeating the mantra in my head "must behave, must behave" but feel I might not.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
saoutchik

4am Trachemys? You sure there is such a time?

I'm sure you'll be fine LearningAgain. Just don't ask to play with his hose or polish his helmet

Now I know it's too quiet at work - the contents of my chicken wrap have been replaced by a plastic turd (least I hope it's plastic). I suppose this is revenge for me turning the hosepipe on a couple of the guys this morning.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
4am Trachemys? You sure there is such a time?

I'm sure you'll be fine LearningAgain. Just don't ask to play with his hose or polish his helmet

Now I know it's too quiet at work - the contents of my chicken wrap have been replaced by a plastic turd (least I hope it's plastic). I suppose this is revenge for me turning the hosepipe on a couple of the guys this morning.
LMAO - now I am wondering who I can play tricks on!

Last night one son's cat got out (they are indoor cats), so I spent 30 minutes crawling around in the bushes trying to get her because she was terrified! She is black, so I could not see her. I was expecting the police to show up after reports of the crazy british girl crawling through the flowerbeds cursing!
Old 06-30-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good one saoutchit!! LOL

I've agreed to let a bunch of my kids friends come over today..... it's gonna be a noisy, messy afternoon! Think I'll herd them all over to the public pool and do my best to tire them all out
Old 06-30-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

For the reminders of why summers, even cool summers, aren't bad.

Good morning! I wrote out a whole response an hour ago and it said my token expired and erased it. Bummer.

Nice nail polish color. I have no tattoos. It's cooler this morning and comfortable. At work and waiting for show time. So, I'll be checking in and out. Kids had a good first day at camp despite the rain.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Learningagain, the black cat outside at night account made me laugh. That's why mine has a collar with bell so I can find her in the dark.

Sao, don't blame you for walking. I can't imagine the underground in hot weather. The subways here are wretched when it's hot.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

LOL Ruby, my cats refuse collars. I think I scarred them with the reindeer costumes and now they are terrified of any outfit!

I am enjoying a morning of watching trash TV - the real housewives. They are so dramatic! About to pop to the store, then clean up a bit before Mr. Fireman shows up.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

You scared me with that snow picture, Ruby.

When I first moved to Washington from Lake Tahoe, there was frequent snow. After Tahoe, it seemed kind of meh. In 1999 I bought all wheel drive because it's hilly here and I got tired of slipping around on the hills. There have only been two instances of significant snow since then. This whole global warming thing is working out okay for the north.

Della and Trach, you made me giggle about that extra second.

Learningagain - oh. I don't even invite men in to my house alone. Good luck with that. Take it easy.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

The stock markets were/are in a tizzy about the micro second thing. It apparently may affect electronic trading. Or not.

Bimini, I would love all wheel drive. That would be so helpful. Sorry I scared you with the snow. Makes sense that we've had the rainiest June since 1902 if we had all that snow this winter
Old 06-30-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Ruby, I love my hula-girl dashboard thingy.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Enjoying the hot weather here in Blackpool ..

Have cleaned the freezer that was left by the landlady in the garage and plugged it in , Ice will be made later today

Doing lots of washing today as things on the line are drying in an hour it seems ..

Got other things to do like pay bills but i think i've done enough for today, time to sit back and look at my new pictures maybe go for a walk by the sea later ,

take care , m
Old 06-30-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Wow Mecanix, You've had a productive day. I forgot you're off this week too.

Bimini, I'm glad you like hula girl. I'm fond of mine. She needs more photo ops. I'll be having road trips for sure. Did you put yours in your car?
Old 06-30-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Skyline and hula. Not today though. Couple of weeks ago