Notices

Stay Sober Memorial Day Weekender May 21 - 26 Pt. 2

Old 05-25-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey saoutchik ,
Introspection is overrated , especially on bank holiday weekends and in the evening .

Might I recommend billy connolly on u-tube , he's a Dr so it's all right .. sober many a year too

Old 05-25-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Thanks BigSomb,Brynn, Zab dunno where it came from but out of the blue I just started to feel empty. Probably HALT stuff.

I ex
It happens.

From my perspective, each of us has an empty place inside, a drive to be more of who we are; mortality's playground. An existential vacuum around which meaning in life is loosely draped.

For me, we are at once wounded and gifted by our very existence. It's the dark moments, the boundary situations and the dread in which existence expresses itself that serve as reminders that we are indeed alone in a vast and indifferent Universe. To act is a remedy; to despair is no decision at all.

Then again, it could be gas.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
It happens.

From my perspective, each of us has an empty place inside, a drive to be more of who we are; mortality's playground. An existential vacuum around which meaning in life is loosely draped.

For me, we are at once wounded and gifted by our very existence. It's the dark moments, the boundary situations and the dread in which existence expresses itself that serve as reminders that we are indeed alone in a vast and indifferent Universe. To act is a remedy; to despair is no decision at all.
Geez EGNY - let me go open my wrists right now.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Then again, it could be gas.
You really do have a way with words!
Old 05-25-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Saoutchik, I Hope you're feeling better. It passes, try the HALT stuff. You could be stuck like me, waking up feeling the weight of it all just like Endgame described. I mostly hate mornings for the first hour or so.

At my parents. Probably headed out soon. Thanks EndGame. Son will find his way. I was pretty indifferent. I'm not too worried I guess but now I know how my parents felt.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks Mecx, Endgame. When I logged back in there was a PM from someone (not on this thread). For whatever reason it did cheer me up a lot.

I really have so little to complain about - the universe can be as indifferent as it wants.

Billy Connelly is very funny (but i'd rather spend "an evening with" Pamela Stephenson ) Always liked her
Old 05-25-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

It's gas.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Still on the bus. No wine for me. I will not drink today.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
saoutchik

We call it petrol here Trachemys and even at the "height" of my drinking extravaganzas I never drunk it
Old 05-25-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thats cool peppermintP
Old 05-25-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
Geez EGNY - let me go open my wrists right now.
Not on my watch.

I appreciate that my perspective is not for everyone, but I went through a lot to get there and, in the end, it works for me.

The cries from those burning in hell make walking among the living both a sublime privilege and an inescapable obligation.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
We call it petrol here Trachemys and even at the "height" of my drinking extravaganzas I never drunk it
I was referring to methane gas of the intestinal variety. But if that's what you blokes use to trolley around, far be it from me...
Old 05-25-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
I don't know, EndGame. Go all out and Google Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
My husband used to make fun of me for watching The Girls Next Door...yet, there he was, sitting right next to me on the sofa.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Always good to have a spare fan belt , spark plugs & leads , rotor arm , dizzy cap ( depending on you vehicle) 1 1/2" -2" hose (depending on your car) and a few cir-clips jerry can of fuel and enough water and coolant to charge the system IMHO . tyre weld in a can .

Wont take up much room in your trunk but it'd sure speed up the repairs if you have issues bigS . I tend to have 2 spare wipers in the boot too as when they go wrong it always seems to be in the middle of a rain storm .

I tend to keep the old parts after a service as it can still be a useable spare .
Ummmm, that's way way too prepared. I guess I know why you go by mecanix.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Hey saoutchik ,
Introspection is overrated , especially on bank holiday weekends and in the evening .

Might I recommend billy connolly on u-tube , he's a Dr so it's all right .. sober many a year too

Ok.

No fair.

I just laughed so hard my teeth fell out.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Not on my watch.

I appreciate that my perspective is not for everyone, but I went through a lot to get there and, in the end, it works for me.

The cries from those burning in hell make walking among the living both a sublime privilege and an inescapable obligation.
OK! that cries out for an explanation!

Please share?
Old 05-25-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thread looks like it's running out of steam. How's everyone doing? Patty, good to see you hanging in there.

Brynn, what youthful hijinks do the kids usually engage in that they need help with?

I'm home. Time to get kids in bed. I'm exhausted today. I ate too much. Now I'm taking my own quiet time. Maybe this week if I dig for just fifteen minutes a day, I'll get the weeds cleared so I can plant. We all have fifteen minutes to spare
Old 05-25-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan of attack on the weeds, Ruby. Weeding is tough so breaking it up like that is smart. One weekend my legs were total jello from overdoing it.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Watching 'Tiny House Nation', and listening to Thunder roll in/by. Really dark, due to Clouds. These Gents are building a neato new House to replace one lost during Hurricane Katrina. Relatively, my Life is a breeze!

Reheated some BBQ, and just finished some wicked-good mixed Fruit w/Whipped Cream. The only bad thing happening to me today is that I left a Ginger Beer in the Freezer. It popped the Cap off, but didn't really make a mess. Screw-on Caps save the day!

I'm spraying some Vinegar on a suspect Stain in the Basement which may be the source of the 'interesting' smell I've been fighting the last few days. It was under the Freezer I moved to Vacuum behind. I have no idea what it is, and Concrete is way porous. But, it seems to be fading. This means I'm likely on to the correct Root Cause. Before this breakthrough, I was just kickin' Horse Turds, and guessing. Cause & Effect -> good. Kickin' Horse Turds -> bad.

That is all.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I'm doing great, Ruby2. Just got back from helping my dad move some couches out of the way at their house. They've got a new living room set coming this week and Goodwill coming to pick up the old ones tomorrow. As a reward, had dinner with them. Fried pork chops and baked potato. Good basic Southern home cooked meal. It hit the spot.