# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2015 (Part 2)

Here is the last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ay-2015-a.html
Old 05-15-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna!

Welcome Plenny- May is a great month to join.

Jazz, glad you jumped right back in. This is certainly not an easy thing to do, but glad to hear you learned something from it and have updated your plan.

nmd, I love chickens. The little sounds they make when they see you coming with treats is one of my favorite sounds ever. Have you had them before? Lettuce also seems to be a big hit. And pears. The ones I feed love pears haha

stime that sounds lovely! I've always wanted to visit the Utah parks... Maybe now I'll actually get around to it.

I was going to get up and go for a nice long walk this morning, but it's pretty brisk and raining, so I'm postponing that until a little bit later, or until I get up and put more layers on. I'm thinking maybe it's laundry time instead! Have an AA meeting at noon that I really like, and after that I may just come home and read. I love these rainy days where I can just curl up all afternoon.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jumping aboard here in May. Day 2 for me. Really want this to be the last time I put myself through all this.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Copper! I'm on my third Day 5 right now, so I feel you!
Glad you joined us.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A quick howdy do from you neighbor from April.

Welcome goes out to the newbies! You're in an awesome group. These guys and gals are doing AWESOME!

Keep up the great work folks. It really does get better and better and better. Some of you are already broke free from the gloom and doom. Some have already starting looking at alcohol in a negative light and don't romanticize or miss it anymore. Lots of good going on in here!

Sobriety is the new cool!

Edit: ewe...horrible grammar going on there.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 13. Standing strong heading into the weekend. Going for a 35km mountain bike ride tomorrow. That should keep out of trouble.

Need to keep busy. Might aswell do something healthy. After the ride i am having a huge waffle with ice cream. LOL. Now thats healthy.

Enjoy the weekend everyone
Old 05-15-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1982 View Post
After the ride i am having a huge waffle with ice cream.
This gave me a good chuckle. Thank you! I hope it is delicious!
Old 05-15-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A new thread?? Wow. We are doing great! I'm happy that so many of us are still in it to win it.

I would have had a really hard time with the business meeting too. As with a weight loss diet, it's all in being prepared with something else to replace the things you can't have. It's not like you could have brought a little cooler of your own drinks with you. Maybe you might have if you had known the only other option was to drink nothing at all. ((Hugs)) You're right back at it, so that's the best way to approach it. Don't let it turn into an "Oh well. I'll start again on Monday."

This leads me to a question I've been wondering about. If a person who is in the May class cheats in June, do they get bumped to the June class? That would be awful, being "held back" and having to start over with a group of people they don't know. I experienced that in high school and that's what it reminds me of. Not that I'm planning on cheating but I'm no more or less human than the rest of you.

Today is day 9 for me. I am noticing a sadness, like I'm "doing without" something. Maybe the reality is hitting me that that part of my life really may be over for good now. It's crazy and irrational cause I know very well that I'm not missing out on a single thing and it's wonderful to not have that compulsion to keep doing something that is taking years off my life, killing perfectly good cells and damaging necessary organs and draining my bank account.

But I can tell you all these things cause we're classmates and we all "get it." Do you ever feel a sense of loss? I think I should go all the way and have a little memorial service and get it over with.

It's another weekend, friends. If weekends are your tough times, make sure you prepare!! We do so much better when we prepare for the storm. ((HUGS))
Old 05-15-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The sadness is persisting and now I'm shaky. If I had Xanax, I'd be taking it right now. Why are my nerves acting like this today? I didn't drink more coffee than usual. I'm going to eat something soon and see if that settles me down. Could be low blood sugar.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Very good idea. Eating normally helps me.
Something else that's a huge help is 5htp. It's a serotonin precursor which helps with anxiety and depression. Research it.

Also worth researching magnesium for anxiety and depression. Read up on how alcoholics typically have magnesium deficiency. Got to get the good stuff. Research and you'll see what I mean.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 8: Darkness

Did NOT sleep well last night...the gut-parasite was wiggling. Laid still in the darkness, checking the clock every 7 minutes. Had enough going on to keep me busy today. Thinking of the millions who will be drinking this weekend because it's the thing to do.

Even though I may not sleep in the darkness it is soothing to be sensory deprived when sober. But I do want to go 5 straight hours of sleep again......someday.

Good luck all.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
The sadness is persisting and now I'm shaky. If I had Xanax, I'd be taking it right now. Why are my nerves acting like this today? I didn't drink more coffee than usual. I'm going to eat something soon and see if that settles me down. Could be low blood sugar.
I feel awful today, too, Cissy. It's been a hard week, and I'm just so exhausted. I'm thinking of going on a strict diet for 6 weeks -- no junk, just good food, even in restaurants, even if it means I sound like Sally from "When Sally Met Harry," though in a healthy way. I'm probably old enough to be everyone's mother here. Do you even know that movie?
People at work think I'm great; they expect so much and try to make me feel guilty when I can't go to a level that is beyond what would expected for any one person. I have a bad perfectionism trait. I need to work on the Serenity prayer; not so easy. I've been off of Benadryl for 2 nights, but have gotten so little sleep as a result, that my mind isn't clear at all.
I'm determined to not drink, but it's a hard time now.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Parasite wiggling?? What's it doing in your belly? Kill that thing!! Especially if you can feel it moving around. What's up with that? I've considered buying a tape worm and ingesting the little bugger to lose weight but I can't go through with it. What a sick thing I am to even consider that.

Kalegrrl, I'm older too. Turning 53 in August. I always loved that movie. I like your idea of a 6 week healthy reboot. I should join you but I don't know if I'm ready for that right now. I'll put that plan on the back burner.

Incontrol, I have been told to try the 5htp but haven't checked to see if it will interact with what I already take. I will go buy some vitamins today. I'm sure I could use some magnesium. I've been out of mag for a long time. Only thing that was below range last time I had bloodwork done was Vitamin D. I hardly spend any time outside and I don't drink milk.

Let's have a wonderful weekend, my friends. ((Hugs))
Old 05-15-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KaleGrrl View Post
I feel awful today, too, Cissy. It's been a hard week, and I'm just so exhausted. I'm thinking of going on a strict diet for 6 weeks -- no junk, just good food, even in restaurants, even if it means I sound like Sally from "When Sally Met Harry," though in a healthy way. I'm probably old enough to be everyone's mother here. Do you even know that movie?
People at work think I'm great; they expect so much and try to make me feel guilty when I can't go to a level that is beyond what would expected for any one person. I have a bad perfectionism trait. I need to work on the Serenity prayer; not so easy. I've been off of Benadryl for 2 nights, but have gotten so little sleep as a result, that my mind isn't clear at all.
I'm determined to not drink, but it's a hard time now.
Kale/Cissy- I felt like that all of last week. My 'days' are a little off, I actually started at the end of April, but then I drank again, so technically I'm day 5, but it's somewhere around 18 out of 20 days. After last week I completely changed my diet. I cut out all the junk food and I'm not sure if that's the reason but I'm feeling much better this week. I stopped the benadryl as well, and after a few days I'm sleeping even better than I did when I took it! The extra exercise has really been helping me get a better night's sleep.

To answer your question about the month classes, I think it's up to you. I started in April, but I was way at the end and after I relapsed I jumped in here because I didn't really know anyone on the April thread anyways. I know these threads stay active for a long time, some of them years, so I'm sure if you felt more comfortable coming back to your original class after a relapse you could. Or if you want to start over you can jump in the current class. I'm sure for a lot of people it has to do with how bad/long their relapse was?

Went to a great meeting this afternoon. Didn't say much but I did share for the first time. Public speaking is a huge fear of mine, so it was nice to just suck it up and do it and come out okay on the other side, sober.

Incontrol, I FINALLY bought myself some B vitamins! Looking forward to that helping out a bit. Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-15-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Anna

D
Old 05-15-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Couple of my co-workers were WAY hungover today. One in particular is a very pretty young woman who just looked like death today. Good reminder of how I don't want to (or have to) be that person anymore.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post

This leads me to a question I've been wondering about. If a person who is in the May class cheats in June, do they get bumped to the June class? That would be awful, being "held back" and having to start over with a group of people they don't know. I experienced that in high school and that's what it reminds me of. Not that I'm planning on cheating but I'm no more or less human than the rest of you.
Yeah, I think that's all an individual choice. I was originally in the class of July 2013. Hung out with them until I relapsed in late September 2013. Disappeared from this site for a long time so when I came back that July 2013 class had a lot more sobriety time than me so I felt more comfortable in a new class with folks who had the same length of sobriety I did.

I've made stabs at a couple of other classes since but I'm really hoping and working toward making May 2015 be the one that sticks.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Go for it mr nut! You've been an integral part of May. Helping out...sharing...all that. There's a lot of great people here. It looks to me like this one was meant to be
Old 05-15-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Having a rough day today. I'm tired and bored and feeling a little bit sad that we have no plans to do anything tonight. It is unusual for us. On a typical Friday at 6 pm I am usually about 4 drinks in and deciding where we are hanging out for the night. Today, I'm home waiting for my dinner. Hubby is cooking for me tonight.

This week I have really felt like I want to be quiet and alone and just play on the computer by myself. I haven't felt like talking even to my daughter or husband. I don't know what that's all about...It is unusual for me. Does anyone else feel like that? I feel like I should be a little bit more motivated by now.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

AK what you are feeling -anydonia, the inability to enjoy or experience pleasure- is common in recovery. After the physical stuff it usually hits me big time between days 5 and 14 of every recovery I have gone through (and there have been too many). Just wanting to be alone, the usual stimuli not working ....very common in the early stages.

Much of this would resolve in me by about two months sober, every time I hit two months (again, way to many).