Notices

Class of March 2015 Part 3

Old 03-31-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Yes. Very. Though same with anxiety for me.
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

On days when I'm really down n depressed, I have a really hard time posting my thoughts. I really don't have this problem on anxiety ridden days, just when I'm depressed.
I'm 49yrs old & I've learned how to push & bury my thoughts away so well, that I no idea what to say? I just sit there & stare at the screen.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 03-31-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

I'm on Day Three again :/ I went to a meeting the next day and two yesterday and not one today. I feel paranoid I am afraid if I don't go to meetings then I'm in trouble, and afraid because meetings make me feel afraid.
I hit a new low this month and it's really detrimental that I get my life in order. I just don't know how and would like to try a new approach.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberella66 View Post
I'm on Day Three again :/ I went to a meeting the next day and two yesterday and not one today. I feel paranoid I am afraid if I don't go to meetings then I'm in trouble, and afraid because meetings make me feel afraid.
I hit a new low this month and it's really detrimental that I get my life in order. I just don't know how and would like to try a new approach.
I relate to everything you said, including being back to day three. why do meetings make you feel afraid though? have you looked into other supports? i personally just get general anxiety but push through it then feel better, but if it's not 'for you' there are other options.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

I'm off to bed, goodnight everyone!

Soberella, I'd like to offer a bit of encouragement. Day 3 is great! Coming here everyday ( many times, all day ) helped me out a lot.

When you feel like caving, post that on the newbie thread & people will offer their support & wisdom.

And I'm sure someone else will offer their encouragement here on the March thread ( sometimes takes a little while, but your patience will pay off! )

Take care & hugs!
Old 03-31-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Well Marchers, I come back with my head hung in shame. I caved today and bought a bottle on the way home. Lots of stress at work and we found out recently that my wife's grandfather has lung cancer. He's not doing well at all and we are stuck on the opposite end of the country. We can't afford to go home to see him and I feel guilty. It's because of my job that we are so far away. Blech....

Anyway, I'll try to make this shorter. I caved. The stress was weighing down on me and AV just wouldn't shut the f*+k up! But, when I tried to sneak the bottle in the house my wife caught me. She took it and dumped it right in front of me. Go her right? I felt so many different things at that moment. Oddly enough, onebof them was relief. Sure, I lost nine bucks but I gained a new respect for my wife and hopefully another trick to add to my arsenal. I mean, knowing that I'm literally throwing my money away should be a deterrent to try it again right?

I feel so ashamed but there is no room for lying and hiding here in the Marching Band. Thanks guys for all your support. I feel better already having posted here. I hope everyone else has had a better day.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some folks call such things God Shots Regardless of your beliefs the Universe did you a favour today

Drinking won't make any of things that made your day bad any better Spirit.

You need to explore some more tools for dealing with the AV. If you continue to give your addiction this much power, it's likely going to bring you down.

Think about what more you can do for your recovery, man. You'll be glad you did

D
Old 03-31-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Some folks call such things God Shots Regardless of your beliefs the Universe did you a favour today

Drinking won't make any of things that made your day bad any better Spirit.

You need to explore some more tools for dealing with the AV. If you continue to give your addiction this much power, it's likely going to bring you down.

Think about what more you can do for your recovery, man. You'll be glad you did

D
Actually, I do believe in God and I think that's a good perspective to take. I'm very disappointed in myself. My wife, conversely, somehow wasn't mad at all. She just did it and moved on.

I'm wondering if I should reset my day count to yet another "Day One." Thoughts?
Old 03-31-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post

I'm wondering if I should reset my day count to yet another "Day One." Thoughts?
Did you drink? If not, no reset necessary. Call it dodging a bullet.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's one of those to 'thine self be true' moments I think Spirit.

If it helps at all I did not reset my date when I bought the bottle and dumped it unopened.

I can't remember the date now anyway

D
Old 03-31-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Awesome wife, I think I would feel relief too.

Congrats everyone for being here right now.

Today has been a rough day for me, I've been manic all week using productivity as a scourge against my cravings. Finally today I'm feeling out of it. I'm not craving a drink, I'm just having a hard time dealing with life sober is all.

I mean, usually I just avoid everything. So this is tough.

Hope your night is going well all.

-Kin
Old 03-31-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your 'graduation' guys

D
Old 03-31-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Congrats all, keep in touch. I'll be spamming this thread even if its just me
Old 03-31-2015, 10:23 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everyone should still post as normal kinzuko - never had a thread die after being moved here yet

D
Old 03-31-2015, 10:45 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Congratulations everyone for making it to the end of March.

Soberella, congrats, you made it too.

Made a big decision today to not move to a new town 15 minutes away. I need to focus on my sobriety and I think my resolve would be tenuous. I live in a close-knit town and my friends are here (too far for hubby's commute and we want a bigger house). Instead we are remodeling our current house and adding a writing studio for me.

I won't do rennovations for another couple of months so that I can work on sober life first. I am hugely relieved. I was worried about the stress that would result. I have a big lot, it is very quiet here and I am going to spend time gardening in the meantime.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Marchers
Old 04-01-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Congratulations marchers!!!

Spirit, I remember saying to my significant other "the chatter in my head won't stop! I feel like I'm going nuts. If it's going to be like this, it's not worth it"
Good news: it stops.
I read books to quiet it and slept a lot. It's annoying as hell though. I just wanted it to shut up. It finally did. When I hear your posts it reminds me how loud "the committee" was. I do NOT want that back.

Jennifer
Old 04-01-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Day 3 marchers

Rise n shine!!!!
Old 04-01-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Trying to figure out where to go

I'm new here and just trying to figure out where to go. I found this thread so I guess I am part of March Class but barely because i quit 3 days ago. Not sure what I'm supposed to do.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a support thread pastime

Talk about your good days and bad ones and help others with theirs

D
Old 04-01-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
Well Marchers, I come back with my head hung in shame. I caved today and bought a bottle on the way home. Lots of stress at work and we found out recently that my wife's grandfather has lung cancer. He's not doing well at all and we are stuck on the opposite end of the country. We can't afford to go home to see him and I feel guilty. It's because of my job that we are so far away. Blech.... Anyway, I'll try to make this shorter. I caved. The stress was weighing down on me and AV just wouldn't shut the f*+k up! But, when I tried to sneak the bottle in the house my wife caught me. She took it and dumped it right in front of me. Go her right? I felt so many different things at that moment. Oddly enough, onebof them was relief. Sure, I lost nine bucks but I gained a new respect for my wife and hopefully another trick to add to my arsenal. I mean, knowing that I'm literally throwing my money away should be a deterrent to try it again right? I feel so ashamed but there is no room for lying and hiding here in the Marching Band. Thanks guys for all your support. I feel better already having posted here. I hope everyone else has had a better day.
Big hurrahs for your wife. She sounds like a very wise woman, Spirit. No shame here, brother, we have your back!!!