Notices

Class of March 2015

Old 03-04-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Good healthy morning to everyone! Day 4! Last night would have been my classic 'pour a glass (aka bottle) of red wine - possibly followed by an Amaretto or Vodka - while hubby is at basketball. Instead I cleaned, took the dog for a late night walk, parused this forum, and went to sleep. Slept like a baby and feel wonderful today instead of sluggish and hung over after my night of multiple wakings due to an alcohol-induced sleep.
This feels soooo good. I'm worried about the impending weekend though ... one step at a time, I guess.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peanutbutters View Post
Day 3. Had a hard time sleeping last night.
Day 4. Seems like some of us are sleeping well and others ... not so much. How did you sleep last night, peanutbutters? I slept horribly, constantly churning butter in the bed. Woke up feeling angry and exhausted.

Current withdrawal symptoms... which I'll now call "post-quit fun": less heart palpitations (they are still there, but do dissipate during the day, somewhat), oscillating mood dominated by feelings of anger and frustration at every little thing, and, bonus item as of this morning, shaky hands. No night sweats.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

LaViva and maximus! I'm so glad you slept well!
Old 03-04-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
I could not get past three hours of sleep again so here I am again, wearing out the welcome mat.
Mel, I should have got out of bed and joined you!
Old 03-04-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Last night I slept well! Fell asleep like a normal person at a decent hour and woke up without the usual doom feeling. Usually I wake up scared because I'm.so used to having to figure out what happened the night before.

So I hope this continues.

I'm worried about the weekend coming. Usually spent every day drinking from noon onwards. My plan is a meeting Friday night, a picnic Saturday day, a movie that night and the UU church Sunday. Must keep busy!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hello fellow Marchers! Day Three for me.

Speaking of sleep, I slept pretty good really. Didn't wake up during the night and got up about 7 a.m., which is a decent time. I notice I tend to wake up with the sun.

peanutbutters, don't worry about the weekend. Looks like you have some things planned, which is good, so just follow through with your plans. One day at a time, don't sit around and over think it. Just do what you planned to do, but don't stress yourself out either (I tend to have that problem, so thought I would throw that in there).

Hugs to all!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Day 2

hi everyone
So it's day 2 for me. I went to my morning meeting, got a desire chip and confessed to my group about my slip on Monday. I am always amazed at the support and love the group gives me. This has got to be my last day 2. I'm running out of last chances with my husband and son.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Hey all... Day 5 here. Not much to report. I don't feel like drinking but I feel kinda meh. I'm sick again... I feel like ever since I've been trying to be sober I'm sick every other week. Plus I've got the winter blues.... not really motivated to do much and I don't care that I'm not motivated....
Old 03-04-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'd like to join you. Day 1.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hey ChickChick!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NikTes View Post
Day 4. Seems like some of us are sleeping well and others ... not so much. How did you sleep last night, peanutbutters? I slept horribly, constantly churning butter in the bed. Woke up feeling angry and exhausted.
I found it helped to eat something if I woke in the middle of the night - and I did, a lot - for that first month. Laying in bed never got me the results I wanted.

Middle of the night and I couldn't sleep, I would get up and have hot chocolate and toast and sit here on the site and read for 20 minutes or so - it always helped me go back to sleep. Blood sugar or just general anxiety...dunno. It worked. Otherwise I'd lay there for two, three hours. That's really harsh to my Serenity
Old 03-04-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Sorry to all those not sleeping well. I just got lucky last pm. I have sleep issues anyways, not involving withdraw. I'm sure things will even out in time. And dreaming, I've always dreamed vividly. Strange.

Half way thru day 3 for me. Yay! Hang in there all.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Trying to get through day 9. Drinking is insane, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to do it.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I am new and today is day one for me, hope March is the month for me, thanks to all the post.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JD4010 View Post
Trying to get through day 9. Drinking is insane, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to do it.

Very true. I have been reminding myself after every trigger that when I drink I just mess up my life. But for that first minute it seems like I forget. Very strange.

What I've gathered is that as we get through the beginning those urges become less and less. I sure hope so.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Welcome to Day 1ers!!

Holy moly, I have been endlessly on SR in the past 48 hours. And, surprise, I have not relapsed in the past 48 hours. Methinks there is a connection.

I am now feeling rushes of weird energy inspiring me to do unheard of things such as finally getting around to scrubbing between the tiles in the bathroom. Weird scenes inside the gold mine . . .

Mel
Old 03-04-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I'm going for it again and joining this page. I'm not going to let my shame from failing keep me from trying again. Today is day 2.
Alcohol has become a raging nasty beast and I liken it to Azog the Goblin from the Hobbit. So corny but when I drove by the liquor store today I yelled "Goblins! Goblins in there!" and it felt really good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77EXGi5vpOQ
Old 03-04-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I'm in. Started mid February for the umpteenth time. Trying some different approaches this time.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Morning to all

While I follow along with you all often at this point I don't feel that I've much to contribute. Maybe more later as I get some time up again.

So, welcome to new people. I hope everyone is getting some better sleep and some peaceful days as we head into this.

All the best.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaViva View Post
Starting Day 3! I was reminded of how committed I need to be to this when I took a good look in the mirror this morning and say the rosacea (not terrible, but definitely there) on my cheeks and around my nose. I had always thought that my skin was just changing with ageing. Since doing more reading, I'm realizing that it's likely more alcohol related. EEK! 5 years ago I never wore make-up and now I have to wear makeup everyday just to make my skintone look even. SUCKS! I hope it's reversible ...
Laviva that is one,(one of many) reason that got me thinking about quitting. I thought maybe it was dry skin and the winter, but my nose kept getting redder and redder. I looked way up close in a mirror with natural light and was HORRIFIED to see a bunch of tiny little red spidey veins. Could be aging, but Im only 30, and I know deep down it's from the drinking. Hate it! I have to coat my face with makeup and powder just so I don't look like Rudolph.

That and the blood in my puke, weight gain, depression, chronically messy house because I have no energy when I'm hung, severe irritability, no good sleep ever, kids are starting to ask why I didn't get beer when stopped to get gas, fear of heart disease, cancer,etc.etc.etc.