Notices

How to use support? Weekender thread! Feb 27- March 1

Old 02-28-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Having a good day! Got out of the house before 10 and ran a few errands, toured the church, a little cleaning around house, dinner picked up and grill lit, and all with the family. I never thought I could make it to day 6! There's no turning back now! Really enjoying the sparkling water and lime juice some of you have suggested. I hope everyone else's day is going well, if not, don't give up. Peace.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I'm on Star Trek 2: the wrath of khan! I'm an unashamed geek. House of Cards is on my list of shows to watch.

Lazy day in the extreme, but not hangover driven so I must need it. Muscles aching from the gym.

Excellent post and pic mesa.

Stay well soberenders,

B
Old 02-28-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
saoutchik

... By the way - thank you LB. We like Elton

I'm not able to contribute much on quitting booze, I've only been sober for a little while so I take but I havn't got much to give.
I have quit ciggies tho' and, may I say,without the aid of modern contrivances such as Champix,"E"cigarettes, or just being frowned upon by everyone else. No, back in 1987 all we had was nicotine"patches" (and they were ****ing difficult to light if you ask me)

Good thing is L - unlike stopping drinking, quitting ciggies is more or less linear-it does get easier over time. One month and you've already done the hard part LB
Old 02-28-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Way to go on day 6 Jillian. That's great.

Sleeping all day Weasel? I laid down for an hour and have a headache. I can't do naps.

I'm at home but heading back to my parents house to get the kids. Didn't get anything but grocery shopping done. Ugh. I keep having to tell myself it's okay.

Gilmer, glad you got some homework done. I guess I did do something. I Worked on my taxes. At parents. My home internet is down.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

We like Elton? Yea, we do.

This whole concert is on YT

Old 02-28-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Good evening Yall, Just popping in and telling you I had a wonderful time at my meeting this afternoon.

The topic was on Tolerance

I almost told them I was going to pass, but I was thinking its not wise to keep things in . So I spoken and had a melt down.. But I am okay now, just this topic was perfect but struggling in so many different things about Tolerance.

I didn't drink today - 25 days and almost to my 30 day Milestone!!

Can you believe its almost March!!
Old 02-28-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Just finished watching the boxing, Frampton beat Avalos in the super bantamweight division, stoppage in the 5th round.

N.Ireland doesn't come together for very much but boxing is one of those things that definitely unties the whole country, it's great to see!!

Old 02-28-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ditto Purple K

good atmoshere there too I Thought
Old 02-28-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Wow... House of cards is amazing. Dastardly even! AAAaaa... to binge on it makes me feel slimy and in need of a shower. Love Frank and Clair!!!!

Sorry I have not been up on everyone's activities... But I say good night. Will spend time with you in the morning!!!

Please be well.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Saoutchik - Yeap, packed out, the Odyssey is a great arena, plenty of atmosphere!!

8/9 fights during the evening made the tkts great value, but they went soo fast I didn't have a chance to look into them, but it was live on terrestrial TV, which was almost a first, usually Sky buys up all the rights to everything!!
Old 02-28-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

I gave HOC one star. I didn't like it even a little bit. I think I watched five episodes.

However, "American Beauty" is on Netflix right now. I loved Kevin Spacey in that - and it was pretty twisted, too.

I never got out of the house today. Se la vie.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Sounds like most everyone had a lazy day. And that's OK. I'm not feeling guilty about it for a change.

I left Mr. Ruby on the couch watching Jaws. I never saw it. I still haven't seen it. It's the 40th anniversary. Why break my record now?

Jen, I always afraid of talking at meetings when I started going. I think it's great you shared. Good job on 26 days.

I don't think I've ever watched boxing either. Hmm.

My parents, daughter and niece are playing crazy eights and I'm sitting here visiting with them. Its a good time. The six year old is beating everyone.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight. Husband and I celebrated 100 days of sobriety with cupcakes for both of us.

Was busy most of the day with schoolwork and very productive. Got 3 assignments done. Two of the assignments ended up being 20 pages each, but both of them have been works in progress since last week.

It's snowing here and we have a winter storm warning, so I stayed in and worked out. That and the good thing is if I don't go to the gym, I don't get whatever people have at the gym. We have an amazing amount of germs going around and people always work out sick which aggravates me. I stay home when I'm sick since it's counterproductive to work out. This is the 2nd time this week I have a sore throat. Hopefully, I'll stay healthy between emergen-C and fruit smoothies.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in. Sunday midday here, my mums birthday and we're celebrating just her and I today. It's really nice to be able to buy her (lots of !!) gifts and spend the weekend with her, without being drunk and ill. Took her out for brunch and it was amazing to not be hungover for Sunday morning brunch! I could actually join her in eating!
Making her favourite dinner tonight, steak and mushroom pie with mash potato
Busy week ahead with work and a bunch of catchups with friends too, so I'm feeling good

Ps love the idea of celebrating sobriety with cupcakes. Congrats!
Old 02-28-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

A lil live Elton John from his first U.S. Tour. I'm sure I linked one of these Songs before, but this Power Trio really hit it back then. I await SenorCranium's Concert Review manana...

Some 'Where's Waldo' fun from earlier today out our Kitchen Window. Find all 6 Bambis...

'Bad Side Of The Moon' ~ Elton John Live ~ 11-17-70

-----
Old 02-28-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Immri, sounds like a great day for you and your mum. Steak and mushroom pie sounds yummy. I will have to look into that.

I'm home from my parent's with the kids. Daughter in bed. Son just fell asleep on the couch. A full day hanging out and playing with cousins. Cats are both stir crazy staying inside. They are, I admit, indoor/outdoor cats. If you have cats, that will actually be "in, out,in, out, in, out, in, out" cats.

Strat, I hope you don't get a cold. We are getting snow here and cold too. Sigh.

I'm going to an 8 a.m. meeting. Hoping one of my friends comes. She's been sick all week. Shall see.

Wrapping it up here for the night. Good night!
Old 02-28-2015, 11:00 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

when I get the pics fixed - only a couple I'll post em. Seated exactly as I figured. EJ facing us. Better than sitting in floor seats in the front row.
Played more than half of yellow brick road. Mixed in some older and newer stuff - newer means 10-15 years ago. Played for almost 3 hours. Captain Fantastic he was. Started with funeral and four more from ybr...

A few times he just went off. during Levon he just started jamming, you could see by the reaction of the percussionist. He jammed for over 10 minutes during levon and then brought the band back into it to finish the song - a good fifteen plus minute jam. A few other songs he just went off into Elton's head and started playing that piano - he's pretty good. Band worked well together and knew when to back off and add some fills when EJ took left turns. He did quite a few lefts. Some of the folks around weren't getting it - they didn't hear the radio songs they were expecting. Much better I thought. Performance was stellar. Sound needed some tweeking. Vocals were a little mash most of the time. Sound wasn't 'huge' just right volume. Played loud when needed - sound team did a good job, but the acoustics in this little arena have a lot to be desired.
Lights and effects were just enough. Very high end effects and imaging when called for. But not over the top. Music was the main event. EJ still has strong voice in the mids but couldn't carry the high notes of years past. Overall vocals were an 8 out of ten. I think if they had a couple days to work on the sound it would have been better. Small arena with a lot of exposed walls - lot of echo. At first the lows vibrated the joint but they fixed it quickly.
Overall - show was a TEN!
Old 03-01-2015, 01:37 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning sober Enders!

Congrats on 100 days start! Feels good huh?

Immri... Hope your mom enjoys the day!

I love EJ and would have lived to see him. I was on my way to philly back in 88 to go see him and he canceled the show. I never got to make it back. Would have loved to see him and BJ play together.

No gym today. Just laziness. The dead of winter is hardly motivating me. Snuggly and watching more HoC.

Hope everyone is sober and doing well this weekend. I need to go back and read the whole thread. I just got caught up in things this weekend. I am constantly thinking about work stuff. Something comes to mind and I go figure it out. Keeps me preoccupied.

Happy Sunday!

K
Old 03-01-2015, 02:00 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Good morning 'enders!

Spring is here, winds from last night have settled and the sun is shining.

Strat - well done on 100 days!

Sounds like great gig LB. I like you're description.

Lazing in bed still with coffee and reading.

Not much planned for the day. Maybe sort some things around the house. Hopefully get a walk in later. But I'm content with being lazy.

B
Old 03-01-2015, 02:03 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

96 posts now! Maybe I'll hit 100 today!