Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 3

Old 01-30-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good morning (#9) and Happy Friday!

Welcome, or welcome back Sulu, alphabet and Cecilia.

Casey, 30 days, nice work. Definitely stay vigilant.

Been doing pretty good all week, and I'm thankful for that. I know there will tougher days/weeks so I am enjoying this while it lasts.

MITA
Old 01-30-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

It's Friday!!!!! I had a horrible bout of insomnia last night, but this time I am quite certain that it was an emotional response & not PAWS. I didn't drink, & that is all that mattered.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome back Sulu

finally figured out 'a sister' was 'a disaster'...

I'm sorry for whatever happened but it's great you're ready for permanent change
what's your plan?

D
Ha Dee. My clumsy mobile typing! I edited it. Well the last time I got some serious time behind me was when I made my big plan using rational recovery so me thinks it's time to create another. And keep doing my CBT!
Old 01-30-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, and congrats to whatever day you may be on ; one or one or 30

I'm waking up on day 2 and feel worlds better. I actually slept pretty well last night, no puking, and was able to eat before bed. Really glad I decided to stop when I did!
Today will be filled with cleaning as I don't have work today, then back to the grind tomorrow. Feeling rather positive and hopeful, but not invincible. I need to be far more careful of my precious sobriety. I'll be 29 next week, if I keep on the right path I could potentially actually enjoy my life for (hopefully) the majority of it instead of ensuring I'll be either miserable or dead!
Old 01-30-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Until It Sleeps

Its Friday and my 13th day. Looks good, sleep was so so last night. Gonna try and fix that this weekend.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Checking in that I'm sober but very emotional. I'll write more later when I have a chance to see how we're all doing by reading through the thread. Hang in there everyone.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Day 30. It has been months since I have had this much sober time under my belt. I did well for a 3-month stretch early last year while I was in IOP, but once I graduated, I went back to my old bad ways, and it was worse than ever - dangerously so.

This time I have a big plan, so my decision is made. That is what was missing before. I would never have known about AVRT if not for SR. Thanks SR!

Congratulations to everyone on the sobriety bus (Jojo's bus just popped into my head!). Whether you just got on or you've been on for a while...we're all riding together!
Old 01-30-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I'm a bit upset to go downstairs and find that my roommate (NOT my boyfriend) brought home beer, though of course he wouldn't know any better. He's only seen me drinking beer around the house lately, not the secret nips I've hidden all over the house (now empty) and wasn't around yesterday when I had to call out from work, so maybe he assumes I've got it under control. I guess I should in a way be grateful that he feels like he can trust me enough now to not steal them? Which I wont, I feel no need. But it immediately triggered - something. Not even a craving, just an annoyance, I guess.

Also, he fell asleep on the couch again...
Old 01-30-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

All aboard Jojo's magic bus! The sober magic bus, that is! Now I have Magic Bus by the Who playing in my head. lol

Ahhhh day 13 for me. Woke up in a panic. Not sure why but I was thinking what if something bad happens? How am I going to deal with it? I talked myself down and reminded myself that everything is fine and it's one day at a time. Nothing bad has happened, so I can't get too far ahead of myself.

Friday, today is Friday. The dreaded weekend. Just reminding myself that Friday is no different than Monday, it's just the name of a day.

I feel I could sit here for an hour and blabber away, I have so much spinning around in my head right now. But I won't, I have my shoes laced up and I have a date with my treadmill.

Onward and upward, my friends!

Jojo
Old 01-30-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi guys
I am back again for another try at this sober thing Am on day 4 of no drinking,n even though it's Friday, I still feel quite strong:c0
Hope you're all ok x
Old 01-30-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Day Three for me. Hope to be on more later and read posts, but gotta run to work. Make it a great sober day all!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi everyone, hi Sulu, Alphabet, Candies welcome (hope I havn't missed anyone)

It's the weekend so i'm on the Jojo sober bus - I don't have to work this time either.

I might brave the cold (we had snow this morning but its gone now) and spend Saturday and Sunday working on an old Lancia I bought, it's basicaly rusting heap so its pretty daunting

Good mood slightly tempered by the bad haircut I had at lunchtime. With my glasses on I look like a grey haired Kim Jong-un.

A calender month for me at midnight
Old 01-30-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Ok guys found some time – wow our thread is busy this morning.
Hi there Alphabet, Cecilia, Candie and Sulu1.

Thanks for checking in Serenidad, LLG6, saoutchik, Tigerlily, MITA, JT and anyone else I missed. When I see so many checking in it gives me strength – like we’re all in this together.

Congratulations to
Canguy, CaseyW, JackD, LiveLikeGold6– 1 month!!!
Lovehoops – 3 weeks!!!

I’m with many of you here on the “I can’t seem to go to sleep” train  not liking it one bit and using an over-the-counter sleep aid to get to sleep these days. Going to try to drop to melatonin after this weekend. Going to try meditation – anything to try to make my mind stop.

Unfrozen – like you been very emotional these days. Not really loving the whole “oh wow now I get to feel every emotion” as quoted from Soberwolf maybe “The good thing about being sober is getting to feel your emotions, but the bad thing about being sober is getting to feel your emotions.”

Trying not to decide but having issues not knowing where to take my 15 year marriage – how I’m impacting the kids – wishing I hadn’t been numbing it with alcohol the last 9 years… How different I must seem to almost everyone in the family and knowing that many are confused but not going to go into it all with them right now. The exception is my 7 year old who I’ve always been very connected to, who last night asked “why do I love you so much” made me feel good on one level and horrible on another - that I don’t really deserve that much love after checking out for so much her entire life and that I may soon be rocking her world totally upside down. Not looking for a pity party just posting so if others are feeling this way you don’t think you’re crazy – or alone.

Jojo - yes the magic sobrity bus - it is what I think of when I see it. Your and JackD's avitar - I just really love them.

Have a good day all.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Congrats on a month Saoutchik! Or shall I call you Kim? lol Sorry about the haircut, that bites.

I don't work this weekend either. All though I work 5-11 tonight. So I'm trying to plan what I'm going to do this weekend. It's suppose to snow quite a bit tonight so we shall see.

Jojo
Old 01-30-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Saoutchik - 1 month!! woohoo that's great.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Teebee View Post
Ok guys found some time – wow our thread is busy this morning.
Hi there Alphabet, Cecilia, Candie and Sulu1.

Thanks for checking in Serenidad, LLG6, saoutchik, Tigerlily, MITA, JT and anyone else I missed. When I see so many checking in it gives me strength – like we’re all in this together.

Congratulations to
Canguy, CaseyW, JackD, LiveLikeGold6– 1 month!!!
Lovehoops – 3 weeks!!!
Hey Teebee, you forgot about me, and more importantly...YOURSELF!

Old 01-30-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

30 days!! I will allow myself to celebrate this achievement with more sobriety please! Congrats to all my fellows januarians and my fellow one monthers! Were the best!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

LiveLikeGold6 and TryTryAgain at a month!!

We're really doing well
Old 01-30-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Congrats to everyone who's celebrating a month! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!

That's fantastic!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done to TryTryAgain, CaseyW, Canguy, JDM, Saoutchik, LiveLikeGold

Congrats on 30 days !!!

You guys all of the janaurians are seriously awesome