Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 3

Old 01-29-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Alphabet and Cecilia
Old 01-29-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'm still hanging in there! I hope you all are too!!!
Old 01-29-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to you too Serenidad

D
Old 01-29-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Welcome Cecilia lovely attitude!

Mid day 29 here. I feel like requesting a 5 day vacation in February just because lol. Im joining my coworkers for drinks n food tomorrow after work but one of them is pregnant so I told her ill be sober with her.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Serenidad, good girl, keep hanging
Old 01-29-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Morning all....

Day 28 here.....I reckon 4 weeks counts as a month...lol

Hoping for a good day for you all.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats canguy

D
Old 01-29-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cecilia44 View Post
Well, I know Day Two isn't much and I have been here before, but it is time to stop lying to myself. My AV has me convinced I am "not that bad." But it just isn't true. I am alcoholic like everyone else here. Gotta just admit that I really can't drink. So, I will succeed this time. I can't keep talking myself into the "I'm not that bad" BS when I know in my heart that just isn't true.

Thanks for the support everyone. I really love this site.
Oh, but day 2 is a big deal! Because it runs into day 3, 4 etc. Everyday that number gets bigger and you start to believe you can do it. So I'm celebrating your day 2!

Here! Here! Raising my water bottle to you!

Jojo
Old 01-29-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by .

[COLOR="navy"
Yeah! What's the story with the heaps of water and peeing. I'm busting all the time. I thought it was only like that when you drank lite beers, LOL[/COLOR]
Oh dear, I read the lite beer part and choked on my water and snorted out loud laughing! lol People turned and looked at me... hehehe

Jojo
Old 01-29-2015, 09:39 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Hi folks! Checking in on day 11. Feeling a little crazy. I could not fall asleep last night, despite doing progressive relaxation exercises and breathing meditation. My mind was like a crazed hamster on a wheel, running full-tilt all night until I had to get my kid ready for school at 7. The really scary part is it's 9:30 pm and I am STILL not tired! Is this just mega-PAWS, or could the real me, without alcohol constantly depressing my system, be bipolar? It runs in my family but I've never really been manic before, just depressive.

On a separate note: today is the first day I've had serious cravings. It just feels wrong to not celebrate Friday night with wine. But the craving passed, and now I'm just craving some sleep!
Old 01-29-2015, 11:33 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 11 unfrozen hopefully you can get some sleep

Have a nice sober friday Januarians
Old 01-29-2015, 11:44 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I'd like to join to give this another go. Moderation ended as a disaster. No more messing about now I need to get my life back. Day 2
Old 01-29-2015, 11:46 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Sulu

finally figured out 'a sister' was 'a disaster'...

I'm sorry for whatever happened but it's great you're ready for permanent change
what's your plan?

D
Old 01-30-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

phew I made it to day 29. The feeling your feeeelings now sober got me yesterday. Had some pretty intense anxiety (because of a silly negative loop I'd got myself thinking). The good news is I spent the entire day doing lovely things such as meditating, journalling, the gym, walking around the lake and a long azz hot bath. The bad news was it just kept coming back after about 30 mins of finding relief. But alas, I guess this is real life! Before I could just soothe myself with, oh well I'll drink later and forget about it. Now I'm processing it properly and boy is it a bit of a shock to the system. New Day though! Hoping it's a better one
Old 01-30-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations JackD'sMissus

D
Old 01-30-2015, 02:14 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Friday!!! Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Thanks Dee. I've just discovered I was anxious over nothing yesterday. I was being completely irrational. (It was work related and I was panicking that my editor hated my work because they hadn't responded for over a week and was short with me in the email previous to that. They emailed this morning and loved it :/) So all of that was in vain. Wth. I do suffer a bit from anxiety normally but not irrational anxiety. I don't know what's going on with me. I'm wondering if I should cut out the extra supplements. I can usually determine what's messed up my chemicals/hormones etc... Like I know coffee gives me a flutter of anxiety when it's coming out of my system. Maybe I need to get back to basics with the vitamins. Or maybe I should make a thread of my own and stop waffling in here

Edit: Actually that pretty much sums up how AV would get me drinking over "nothing". I just actually went through the turmoil instead of having a drink. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to stop myself getting into a ridiculous loop in the first place. Yup still waffling.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Good morning my classmates,

Checking in on another cold January morning here in NY. All seems okay with me. I'm glad its Friday!

Welcome to Sulu,alphabet and cecelia and anyone else I may have missed.

Have a great sober day everyone and I will ttyl..Thanks for your continued support..everyone!!! I think this is day 21 for me?? Yes it is..hooray
Old 01-30-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Thirty

It's five in the morning here but I guess I'm starting day thirty already as I've been awake for the last thirty minutes after a bad coughing fit woke me up. Decided to post on here while I was waiting for some hot water to boil for my lemon tea.

Besides the sore throat yesterday was ok. I mainly lazed around the house reading and watching television. Cleaned up the house as I'd kinda let the dirty dishes pile up.

No big plans for today. I'm supposed to work in six hours. After I drink this tea, I'm going to try to go back to sleep for a while.

Can't believe it's already day thirty! I've been trying to quit drinking off and on for 12+ years now. Think I've made it this long six or seven times before. I know I've got to remain vigilant but right now this time feels different. I don't know--I just feel like I've accepted not drinking again in a way I never have before. SR, and this thread in particular, have been my primary support so far so thank you to each and every one of you for your support.

Ok, going to drink this tea now. Hope everyone has a safe and sober Friday morning or evening.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to you too Casey...and to you lovehoops for day 21