Notices

How am I gonna get thru it?

Old 12-22-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
I meant I'm stuck between a rock in a hard place because I don't want to go to my crazy mom's house....but (as a mother) I need to go because my kids want to see their cousins.

Thx for your support Scott!
So, let me understand, do you mean you're afraid you might drink from being around your mom or do you mean you will loose serenity? Not accepting what you cannot change in another person and can't find a way to change yourself enough to enjoy the visit? I'm not being flip with this. I really don't understand. But, a red flag goes up for me when I think I have no way out which is what I'm hearing I think. Your kids would be supervised while there so why not just drop them off? Is that not an option because you actually want to enjoy their happiness.... seeing them with their cousins?
Old 12-22-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm in a similar situation. What i do is bring the drinks and stuff i want to eat to the party. So bring your own soda/seltzer water, bring candy & gum and other things you can use when the craving hits.
There is a lot of comfort having something in your hand and in your mouth, so bring good substitutes. Best of luck!