Notices

Nanowrimo - I'm doing it.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nanowrimo - I'm doing it.

National Novel Writing Month

Basically, you write at least 50,000 words of a work of fiction during the month of November. There are insanely active message boards and regional support meetings and contests to keep you going. It is fairly challenging; almost 1700 words per day.

Last time I did this was in 2006 and it was great fun, plus I stretched myself creatively. Also this year, I think it will be a great way to keep my brain busy and not drink.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
National Novel Writing Month

Basically, you write at least 50,000 words of a work of fiction during the month of November. There are insanely active message boards and regional support meetings and contests to keep you going. It is fairly challenging; almost 1700 words per day.

Last time I did this was in 2006 and it was great fun, plus I stretched myself creatively. Also this year, I think it will be a great way to keep my brain busy and not drink.
WOW! That's incredible -

I am completing my undergrad degree as part of sobriety. Have only needed one class for a really, really, really long time. Won't help or hurt what I do for living, but now am motivated to get er done.....

I have to write a report I was stressed about that is around 2,000 -3,000 words. Not as concerned now!!!

Go get em Cher....

fly
Old 10-31-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flynbuy View Post
WOW! That's incredible -

I am completing my undergrad degree as part of sobriety. Have only needed one class for a really, really, really long time. Won't help or hurt what I do for living, but now am motivated to get er done.....

I have to write a report I was stressed about that is around 2,000 -3,000 words. Not as concerned now!!!

Go get em Cher....

fly
Heh, you funny.

cher, uhhh madonna, uhh Stevie, yeah that's it.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Stevie go for it sounds good
Old 10-31-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
now's the time

I meant to do it last year but didn't... OK! I'll join you!

[puts on determined cap]
Old 10-31-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Realising my life

I'm going to do it too for the first time. Alarm set for 6am and laptop at the ready!!
Old 10-31-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

fantail and Headlump, yee haw! I have no plan and no plot, just a bunch of ideas.
If I have time to post to the forums there, my handle is northbird. Hit me up if you see me.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I contemplated giving it a try but I also know that my crazy alcoholic mind will use ANY excuse to start drinking again and I was afraid that this early in recovery if I missed a daily writing goal I would start thinking that was a good reason to just go ahead and drink. So maybe next year when I hopefully have a little more sobriety under my belt I'll give it a try again. But I certainly think it's a great thing for all of you to do. Keep us updated on your progress so we can get a little vicarious thrill!
Old 10-31-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow, I checked out the website and both "The Night Circus" and "Water for Elephants" were first written as drafts as part of this project...

Great books! I especially loved the Night Circus.

Hmmmm. This year probably isn't the year, as I am still dedicating a tremendous amount of time to recovery and meetings, but I think I'll do it next year!