Notices

Why was I so stupid,

Old 09-22-2014, 02:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why was I so stupid,

12 weeks without alcohol and it felt great, 3 hours since my last drink of alcohol and I feel dreadful. What was I thinking.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Macali, so sorry you decided to drink. 3 months is tereffic, use the strength it took to get you there in the past to suceed again. Realize what triggered you to drink nand be ready for that challenge with a different response next time.

Dont beat your self up too bad, just realize you cant drink again, ever. I think we've all had relapses, i know I have. With each one I get more and more confident that there will not be another. This time, for me, I know there won't be another.

Be strong, use the strength that got you to 90 days and get there again, get past 90 this time.

You can do it. Great job coming back here and posting. I let my last relapse turned into a 40 day drunk fest. Don't let that happen to you.

Best of luck!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You've absolutely done the right thing by choosing to post here and deal with the relapse.

I had a relapse which finished a month ago with me doing some really STUPID things.

One thing I've changed now is to go to AA pretty much every day and that's helping a lot. It's not the only solution but it's a lot better than sweating it out on my own.

Good luck with your continued recovery.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, good job posting about your slip here. You're trying something different than what you've done in the past, right? Apply what you've learned, keep coming back here, and you just may get different results this time.

Good Luck!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Relapse does happen. Use this experience to start again. You can do this.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Macali View Post
12 weeks without alcohol and it felt great, 3 hours since my last drink of alcohol and I feel dreadful. What was I thinking.

Hi.
The simple answer is that if you’re an alcoholic you were thinking about drinking instead of NOT drinking.
This happened to me too many times until I got honest with myself about my drinking and accepted that I cannot drink in safety.
After that a lot of work is required along with changes to remain sober.
Consider yourself lucky as most who have relapses never make it back.

BE WELL
Old 09-22-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Macali View Post
What was I thinking.
You might have been thinking you deserve it, or that your problem isn't that bad, or that you could control it, or that you would only drink for a day.

There are a million things are addictive voice tells us to convince us to drink. But when your rational mind has made the decision to quit, you have to learn to recognize the AV and it's tricks and not waive from your decision to be sober.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

First off well done on coming back and nice to meet you

looking back is as good as looking down while walking a tightrope with no harness

we push forward its happened your back

good luck