Notices

Oh just so you all no ahead of time.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I can't judge you! If it works, you won't need this site! I'm not sure how old you are but I'm 40 now and I handled alcohol well until my middle 30's, at least I think I did. I have never been a one drink only girl and that started in my teens. I do wish u luck!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Don't leave permanently! We're here if you need us, I won't judge I promise! Xoxoxo!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Something made you search for drinking issues. That, in itself says a lot. Apparently, at some point, you felt the need to reach out to others with this same issue. You found SR, and you are welcome here.

However, to start a thread, in essence saying, I'm going to drink occasionally, so there! is not only arrogant, but posting it in the Newcomers forum is inappropriate. This forum is for people who are just coming around to realizing that they have drinking problems and are reaching out for help. Seeing a post that basically says, I'm going to drink anyway, can be detrimental to the newcomer.

If you've decided you don't need to eliminate alcohol totally, then that is your decision. I just feel like it's a bit arrogant to post it on a board for people who might be struggling in recovery.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Goood luck in your quest, experimment or what ever you are calling it. Like many others here I've tried everything so that I could keep drinking as a part of my life. I always ended back at the same place or worse off than before.

I finally realize I cant have it any more, not one drop. I'm now good with this realization. As a matter of fact, I am great with this realization. Dont get me wrong, I still wish I was a normal drinker.

Someone who can take or leave drinking without a second thought. Someone with an "off switch".

I'm not that person. After 21 years of trying hard to keep drinking a part of my life, i realize it can never happen and will never happen. I now no longer have to cower down to my addictions demands each and every hour of every day.

I hope you find what you are looking for. For me, I dont even want one day drunk a month any more. Its just not worth the pain!

Best of luck
Old 07-30-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Quitting one day a month or drinking one day a month??
lol, I thought the same thing when I read "I will be quitting once a month"...Pretty sure Ratso meant drinking once a month.

Don't feel beat up Ratso, you get credit for being here.

I was here, sometime in the last 2-3 years? Can't remember because I left to begin my life of "moderation"...lol, that so didn't work. I remember coming to the conclusion that, well maybe people here were alcoholics but I wasn't, I could control my drinking. I don't remember my username, the email acct was closed a long time ago and personally, I don't want to read what I wrote anyhow.

Stay around, read the posts, we are all similar in so many ways and it's the only place I have felt free to admit the horrible place my life has been in with drinking. It was freeing coming here but it didn't work until I was like, ok, I am powerless with alcohol.

I am on Day 18, but if I slip, I hope I come here to drunk post and not Facebook. The people are really very very forgiving and accepting.

I feel I am here a bit too much, but I consider this part of my therapy and it helps me understand myself better.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

However, to start a thread, in essence saying, I'm going to drink occasionally, so there! is not only arrogant, but posting it in the Newcomers forum is inappropriate. This forum is for people who are just coming around to realizing that they have drinking problems and are reaching out for help. Seeing a post that basically says, I'm going to drink anyway, can be detrimental to the newcomer.

If you've decided you don't need to eliminate alcohol totally, then that is your decision. I just feel like it's a bit arrogant to post it on a board for people who might be struggling in recovery.
Suki you know I love you - but you're not speaking for me here, or the forum.

Ratso is a brand new newcomer here. First day.

I'm sure he didn't mean to be arrogant, dismissive or anything else.

It took me at least a week to get a feel for this place, and it was nowhere at large then as it is now.

If we're talking appropriateness, I think it's appropriate he posted here as a newcomer, and I think it's appropriate to share our experiences with him, especially in this forum where other people will have similar thoughts.

I don't think it's appropriate to chastise him though...

D
Old 07-30-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I apologize, Dee. Sometimes I need to just keep my big mouth shut.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nah, we need you here to cut through the BS too

D
Old 07-30-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Was your original intention to cut way back like that or was it to quit? I ask because I intended to quit and into my recovery my brain came up with that idea. I didn't act on it because if I drink once a month it will creep to once a week and I will be using a months worth of once a weeks in 4 days. I have never really tried to moderate I just know the more I get the more I want. September 5th is a lot of sober days away. Reserve the right to change your mind on that one.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I too thought I could just have one or two -- in fact I did (I confess) have one glass of wine with friends over the weekend and a beer after golfing the next day.

Dang it!! It just was soooo hard not to and I realize that in and of itself is the problem. So, back at'er this week and will sure try hard not to drink at the upcoming long weekend cottage visit with drinking friends -- I will do this! I have to.
>AH
Old 07-30-2014, 09:51 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

Closed by request.

D