Notices

back to day 3.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back to day 3.

Today would've been day 8 but I slipped this weekend so here I am on day 3 again. I'm trying not to beat myself up too much over it, because I didn't go on a full on bender like I usually would, but I still feel guilty and ashamed of myself. I'm more scared than anything, because I dont want to keep doing this. I felt so optimistic and I was so proud of myself last week, then out of nowhere I made the choice to drink. Anyway, I think I'm going to take the advice I've gotten and try to find a meeting to go to this week. I've been trying to get some exercise in too but I just feel so down and unmotivated do do anything besides sit here and stress.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's in the past, chin up and stop beating yourself up over it, you can only change the future!!

Changing the plan moving forward sounds like a good idea, go at it again, you'll get there!!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Going to a meeting or three might be very helpful. Give it a try.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up by Sitting and stressing over something you can't change. What can you do differently to change the outcome? You posted on the weekend thread that you were spending the day at the beach with your kids. Did that go ok?

When I relapsed last summer there was a whole Bunch of stuff going on before I ever chose to drink. Looking back I see my mistakes and am working now to avoid them. You can learn what your triggers are too. Don't be hard on yourself. You can do it.