Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 2

Old 04-17-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

I don't even wanna drink today, I just wanna get out of this hole
Old 04-17-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovemesomeokra View Post
Hey, Adna. Feel ya about the news. I'm usually a news junkie and post regularly on a progressive blog but I've had to back way off recently. I'm sure people are wondering where I went, but when I'm in a fragile place emotionally stories of the ailing world overwhelm me and make me much more prone to self-destructive thoughts and behavior. Maybe turn off the TV and the phone for a while and put on some tunes? Might even find yourself dancing. Oh, and I find it's really, really hard for me to be upbeat when I'm crazy tired. Really glad you're not feeling like using.

Here's a YouTube vid I found recently that really made me feel good. Maybe you'll like it, too.
Love the video! Everyone should watch it. Thanks Miss Okra
Old 04-17-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

MsOkra, Solitary, and Overwhelmed, thanks. It's actually the first time I've had it on since last week. Turning it off won't help now. This news hits a deep level of cultural terror common to most of my kind.
I need to learn to deal with whatever comes, looking away isn't all that different from trying to anesthetize myself. Life isn't always pretty or fair, and sometimes it's really hard, but it's real.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
I don't even wanna drink today, I just wanna get out of this hole
I'm glad you don't want to drink. You will get out. Keep moving forward. One minute at a time if you have to, just breathe and keep your mind occupied. Are you reading any books right now?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

That was a sweet video, MsOkra
Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by overwhelmd View Post
I'm glad you don't want to drink. You will get out. Keep moving forward. One minute at a time if you have to, just breathe and keep your mind occupied. Are you reading any books right now?
I started a few and put them down, having a hard time keeping interest in them. I just wanna lay around and go to work, and that's what I did yesterday, I can't have that he every day. Not drinking is good but I can't be depressed every day. Part of the reason i partied so hard in the first place honestly.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
MsOkra, Solitary, and Overwhelmed, thanks. It's actually the first time I've had it on since last week. Turning it off won't help now. This news hits a deep level of cultural terror common to most of my kind.
I need to learn to deal with whatever comes, looking away isn't all that different from trying to anesthetize myself. Life isn't always pretty or fair, and sometimes it's really hard, but it's real.
Adna, I'm sorry, it's sometimes difficult to know where the person you are talking to is from (background, culture, etc.). Hope I didn't offend you by telling you to ignore it. Of course if it's close to home you will worry no matter what. I agree that learning to deal with whatever comes is important. Hugs to you.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
MsOkra, Solitary, and Overwhelmed, thanks. It's actually the first time I've had it on since last week. Turning it off won't help now. This news hits a deep level of cultural terror common to most of my kind. I need to learn to deal with whatever comes, looking away isn't all that different from trying to anesthetize myself. Life isn't always pretty or fair, and sometimes it's really hard, but it's real.
i completely understand where you are coming from with that, it really is hard to look away. It's tough but in a fragile state it may feel like amplified in a way if that makes any sense. I completely understand tho.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

I'm very hard to offend, Overwhelmed. Thanks and no worries.
I get what you're saying Solitary.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

I started a few and put them down, having a hard time keeping interest in them. I just wanna lay around and go to work, and that's what I did yesterday, I can't have that he every day. Not drinking is good but I can't be depressed every day. Part of the reason i partied so hard in the first place honestly.
Working is good. I think just anything to keep your mind occupied helps, at least for me. When I am alone and bored I am my own worst enemy.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

I am thanking God for this thread and my classmates here. You all are an encouragement. Today is the first day in five I will have a few hours to myself. I actually MUST shower, apply a face of sorts and do some errands. I have only a week left in AZ, so these errands are a necessity or I would remain here glued to these boards. I certainly don't trust myself. Wish me luck please.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by overwhelmd View Post
Working is good. I think just anything to keep your mind occupied helps, at least for me. When I am alone and bored I am my own worst enemy.
Yea me too, that's why I always had a hard time stopping on my own. I have 3 more hours to kill before work, maybe I'll try and cook something and take a shower instead of just laying and watching netflix all afternoon...
Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Just thinking a lot and back to my general sadness, not an excuse to drink at all, but this was what I used to complain to my friends and family about all the time and nobody believes me. It's easier just being alone.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Solitary, how about checking out YouTube speakers while you are cooking? I find most their perspective enlightening. BOB D from Vegas is my personal favorite. You might also want to find Teresa from Las Angeles- her story is tragic, but funny as all get out.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StormiNormi View Post
I am thanking God for this thread and my classmates here. You all are an encouragement. Today is the first day in five I will have a few hours to myself. I actually MUST shower, apply a face of sorts and do some errands. I have only a week left in AZ, so these errands are a necessity or I would remain here glued to these boards. I certainly don't trust myself. Wish me luck please.
Good luck!!! You got this, give yourself more credit you are way way stronger then you gve yourself credit for. Hang in and if you can get on the forums even for a tiny tiny bit jump on and get your feelings out. <3 stay strong
Old 04-17-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Solitary, how about checking out YouTube speakers while you are cooking? I find most their perspective enlightening. BOB D from Vegas is my personal favorite. You might also want to find Teresa from Las Angeles- her story is tragic, but funny as all get out.
What is the name of the video I'm unsure what your referring to. Like the main video title?
Old 04-17-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

What is the name of the video I'm unsure what your referring to. Like the main video title?
I watched a bunch of TED talks seminars I'm not sure if you are familiar with them, insightful, I'm just being blah today. Usually I have just a deeper lust for information and new ideas but today is tough.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

SOLITARY; Bob D, Powerless over alcohol, step 1,

Last edited by StormiNormi; 04-17-2014 at 12:49 PM. Reason: wrong title sequence
Old 04-17-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

SOLITARY; Bob D, Powerless over alcohol, step 1,
Thank you, I will check this out.
Well I decided what to do. Just a little more dive into my world first. Ok so, this girlfriend I constantly talk about, we were having a rough time when I first stopped drinking, but things have been smooth now. I love her with all my heart! She is my best friend and I really don't have any of those in life. There is nobody else in my. Life that I can open up to like her. She's always there when I'm crying like a big baby (which is almost every day lol) but she really is the driving force in my life. Now, although she is not an addict, she has her own issue and it's with food. She has her struggle with her weight and it's not just a few pounds, it's rather substantial. She was petrified that I was going to leave her for a prettier girl, and I told her 10000000 times how beautiful she is regardless of her size or shape. She can't believe how I am about this, and she told me "you are one of a kind Ryan, any others guy in the world would have left me in a second". It makes me feel good, but I'm being genuine and deep from the heart. I don't care how she looks she is an absolute sweetheart and I never met anyone like her in my life. I just want her to be healthy and with me as long as she possibly can! I'm an athletic guy and rather fit, I eat decently as well and she has been asking for my help, and I have been slacking. So instead of me wallowing and being sad all day, I invited her over for lunch and told her "it's gonna be healthy but your gonna love it,". I used to be a chef so I have a pretty good understanding of the kitchen. I cooked her fresh pepper cracked grilled chicken and made lettuce wraps with veggies, and tiny amount of cheese, and a fresh lite balsamic glaze drizzled over them, and a veggi soup with very little salt for her blood pressure issues. I have an extensive yoga and Zumba library that has been collecting dust, so were gonna do a light half hour yoga session to get her muscles moving. If I can't be happy myself, I'm at least gonna try and help the person that is always there when I'm down and out. Sorry for the mega long post, I'm just depressed as all hell, and like I said, other then her and you guys...I have nobody...thanks for listening and stay strong everyone <3
Old 04-17-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Winding down or another sober bedtime here.

Take care all and hang on in there.