Notices

Been drinking

Old 06-01-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Complexiti View Post
And another ignorant one.

My dog is epileptic. She does not have "fits".

She has full blown major Grand Mal SEIZURES.

How DARE you call them "fits"
Everyone here is only trying to help you, we may not always say the right things at the right times but we mean them with the best of intentions.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Well were you not the lucky one. And I do not believe you.

My dog has been on medication for over three years and her epilepsy is not under control. Massive doses of Phenobarbitone three times a day and her epilepsy is not under control.

So do NOT tell me how to treat her or what meds to give her.

Know something? My wonderful vet is also epileptic.

YOU WANNA TELL HIM HOW TO CURE HIMSELF?
Hi - I'm really sorry - I didn't mean to upset you, I was just sharing my experience with my dog in hopes it might help you. I wasn't trying to tell you what to do. I am stepping out of this thread now. I wish you and your dog the best.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

And another ignorant one.
Yet this thread is filled with many more thoughtful and helpful info that you have simply ignored. SR will always be here and you will always be welcome, but it won't be of help if you don't accept it.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I don't think either one of those posters meant to insult or diminish how sick your dog is Complexti - they really were just trying to help and give alternative suggestions.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

There have been so many people on this forum that have tried real hard to offer you suggestions and support because they really care about you and want nothing but the best for you (and your dog), but your response to them is to just tell them off and be rude. Maybe they are not using the words you think they should use, or saying things the way you think they should say them, but they are trying hard to help you.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everyone is trying to help here Complexiti.

They're all taking the time out of their day to post to you and offer help and support for the problems you're facing.

You came here looking for change - the people in this thread are trying to help you achieve that change.

I think it's best to read responses here in that light.

I've also sent you a PM.
D
Old 06-01-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

If you continue down this path, you won't be around to take care of your dog.
I say this as a mother who is looking at my only son, with the same truth.
Neither of us can hide behind the excuses here. I so want to but, at the end of the day- we both put booze first. Period.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

You say you love your dog but guess what? You do not love your dog more than you love alcohol.
All the excuses in the world won't change that. And I am the same. So, there you have it.
My only kiddo is 14 and no- neither of us are giving those we profess to love, all of us because of alcohol, my friend.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Everyone is trying to help here Complexiti.

They're all taking the time out of their day to post to you and offer help and support for the problems you're facing.

You came here looking for change - the people in this thread are trying to help you achieve that change.

I think it's best to read responses here in that light.

I've also sent you a PM.
D
This thread really triggered me - drank tonight- was sober for a long time. I thought I was being helpful - my dog had epilepsy - medication controlled it for her entire life - just tried to give a suggestion to the OP. I failed. OP called me a liar - no - the medication did work and stopped her from having seizures and I believe OP is telling the truth and meds didn't work for his dog I'll never post on another internet board again. I just made it worst for him. I had good intentions. I am not a liar. I do take offece for that accusation. I once walked 2 miles through a snow-storm to get meds for my dog. I'm out. Day One tomorrow after a long period of sobriety.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you made the choice to drink castlefan.
I think it would have been better to post here or elsewhere, or PM me.

Thats what this recovery board is all about - we want to help when people feel vulnerable.

Please remember everyone...words can hurt - choose and use them wisely.

D
Old 06-01-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a reminder:

if you have issues with a post you can PM me or Anna or use the report post button on the offending post

you can also remove posters from your view by using the ignore function:

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
D
Old 06-01-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee - don't like being called a liar after all i went through with my dog. I'm out. Respect you.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

castlefan

Sorry you drank, but you, in no way made things worse for the OP!! You provided very good advice. As hard as it is, please try not to take some of the responses people will give you personally. I think it has a lot more to do with the person making those negative than the well-intentioned person trying to help. We're responsible for our actions, not others. I hope you can move past this (and stop drinking), and keep offering suggestions. Have a good evening.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by castlefan View Post
Thanks Dee - don't like being called a liar after all i went through with my dog. I'm out. Respect you.
And we all respect you. Don't let a few words keep you from seeking the help you need.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

JBFCS > JACS

Jews & Alcholics Anonymous - My Jewish Learning

On Being A Jewish Alcoholic: My Spiritual Journey Continues | The Sober Lawyer
Old 06-01-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Don't leave SR castlefan. There is way more positive here than negative.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Just let me talk on here. You don't have to read it but believe me it's helping to be able to let it all out without being mocked, as happened on one supposed alcohol help site, called a troll on another and because of me someone started drinking again and it was all my fault, or lectured on another saying that I MUST go to AA.

Nobody just let me talk as you all are doing. And please believe me I am not a troll. I am an alcoholic who desperately wants to stop drinking and who is so scared that in another few days, a week, sometime, that I will give in to the craving again. Still haven't left my home as I am scared to go to the store for anything in case I end up with more drink.

Thank you for just letting me talk.
Soo, I think Complexiti just wants to be able to write what she is experiencing, sort of like a blog, maybe? All along, she is saying THAT is what helps, as opposed to all the suggestions from well-meaning people who want to help.

I usually just read the posts, but I do have a question:
Complexiti, when is your next scheduled doctor's appointment, and how do you get there?
Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Complexiti maybe you should use the blog bit that we have as I like to use it as a journal.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:15 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Coping with emotional upsets without reaching for a drink... that's what we are all searching for.

Castlefan. Don't listen to the voice that is telling you not to use internet support. Don't listen to the voice that tells you that what some angry anonymous person says to you can hurt you that deeply.

One angry, bitter voice... hundreds of supportive caring voices. Who are you going to listen to? I wonder whether the angry voice got through because you feel bad about yourself and what they said confirms your negative feelings?

You can always PM me if someone upsets you.We will get some perspective together.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Complexity, I'm sorry for your pain. I can't imagine your personal challenges are like for you personally. When you post in an open forum you are reaching to connect with people--otherwise you could write in a private journal. Likewise, the people here are here because they need help and hope to help others in return. But none of us can rely on other people to give us precisely and ONLY what we need.

There seems to be a lot of anger underlying many of your posts. This is NOT a criticism. You may have every right to be angry. I'm not even saying you should "resolve" the anger in some way. But maybe there's a way for you to take strength from it, channel the anger into a solution for yourself rather than a defense against your audience here (or anywhere else).

I'm wishing you and your dear dog the best, Complexity. And I do sincerely empathize with your troubles to the extent that I (or anyone) can.