Notices

insanely sane sobriety

Old 02-08-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

insanely sane sobriety

I didn't realise that I would feel myself getting MORE SOBER after 7 days.

Surely I would blow 0.0 on a breatherlyser, but I am still feeling more sober and sober each day. And I will tell you what it makes me a little nervous because I am starting to feel ashamed about some things, like my attitude and character is becoming more serious and assertive and also I dont know how to explain it. But I have not felt so normal in all my adult life except maybe the time I stopped for 10 days.
This might be why I went back.

"Yeh thats right baby, I stink like a brewery and an ashtray, its the Stay Away Baby potion. You dont want to go with a bum like me, so stop looking at me like you think you might be able to wash and polish me and discover your blonde prince"
Old 02-08-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. Probably you went back was that you wanted to drink more than you wanted to be sober. I found that each relapse was more difficult to recover from than the previous one. So being a genius, I listened to sober people and discovered that if I didn't have the first drink I wouldn't have to try to get sober AGAIN.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Just think how good you'll feel at 30 days or perhaps 90! Nice work on a full week, it only gets better.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The first week is really tough, well done. It gets better and better. Stay strong.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you. I'm on day 6 and each day brings a new level of sobriety. The body aches and irritability are almost gone. My vision is not cloudy anymore. But, the mornings are the best! I don't have hangovers, even those super mild ones that we rationalize to ourselves aren't really hangovers. Waking up sober for the last 6 days makes me realize those WERE hangovers. I look forward to every new level of sobriety because that strengthens my resolve to stay sober.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

You actually sound like you are in a very good place - kind of Life could be wonderful for you, I hope you persevere xxxx
Old 02-08-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeh I didn't realise it was so hard.

Someone mention it gets harder to quit each time. I started noticing that. It was really clearly a general pattern towards the last time will not be one I can pull out of it.

But is stranger than I thought. The brain is a little confused about me, doesnt know if I am serious or not. My immune-system is going ahead full schedule but I can still hear my workers bitching about me. "He will go back. You know this is all wasted time. I say we all quit.".
The others are saying, "I give him one last chance. This is the last time I do this work all over again. Next time I am striking ,he can drop dead for all I care, I would rather be eaten by a worm than work for this guy."
Old 02-08-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There is too much energy. I mean it feels awesome but I am not used to dealing with it. Its new to me although would have been normal if I hadnt been drunk for so many years.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jill23 View Post
I'm right there with you. I'm on day 6 and each day brings a new level of sobriety. The body aches and irritability are almost gone. My vision is not cloudy anymore. But, the mornings are the best! I don't have hangovers, even those super mild ones that we rationalize to ourselves aren't really hangovers. Waking up sober for the last 6 days makes me realize those WERE hangovers. I look forward to every new level of sobriety because that strengthens my resolve to stay sober.
Great Jill. Feels cool this forum has so many active members that I even have people in here with me who are in the same stage. Makes you feel not so alone in it.

And I became also a Reviler with drunkardness. Assailing one particular group with vitruperative criticism. He doesnt say "unless they deserved it".
Old 02-08-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post
Hi. Probably you went back was that you wanted to drink more than you wanted to be sober. I found that each relapse was more difficult to recover from than the previous one. So being a genius, I listened to sober people and discovered that if I didn't have the first drink I wouldn't have to try to get sober AGAIN.

Having an IQ of over 150 it only took me 20 years to realise this too. I feel sorry for others of lesser intelligence who take 30 to 40 years.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
waking down

Originally Posted by GreenBottles View Post
Having an IQ of over 150 it only took me 20 years to realise this too. I feel sorry for others of lesser intelligence who take 30 to 40 years.
Thanks a lot. It took me 40 years.

I highly recommend this book for you: The Mindfulness Workbook for Addiction: A Guide to Coping with the Grief, Stress and Anger that Trigger Addictive Behaviors: Rebecca E. Williams, Julie S. Kraft MA: 9781608823406: Amazon.com: Books

I didn't want to believe it at first, but that initial clarity and the feelings that come with it often point to the root of our substance abuse. I'm convinced this workbook and related reading and practices will help me steer clear of relapse. Enjoy the journey. The stark raving sobriety will taper off a bit, and you're likely to feel down at times, but it's all part of the adventure.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by GreenBottles View Post
Hey I thought the rules of being a genius went like this:
1st RULE: You do not talk about being A GENIUS.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about being A GENIUS.
Just messing with a Green. Not like I would know.