Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread jan 3rd 4th & 5th of 2014 come help ourselves get through

Notices

weekend thread jan 3rd 4th & 5th of 2014 come help ourselves get through

Old 01-03-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm in.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm in, too.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm in three.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm in four! Hello weekend friends. Glad to be back home in my own space after nice visit with family over the holidays. I'm still off work until January 8th so planning to use the time to straighten the post-holiday mess.

Autan, I love your note to self in your signature, lol.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey everyone ,
back from work , glad to see so many people trying their best . My battle with weight loss has been long and persistent , i was 21 st (295lbs) when i started and i'm 18st 2 (254 lbs) and still working on it . Hopefully i will get to around 13st (182 lbs) …
it's a long road but i hope a worthwhile one … some way to go but i only get there done day at a time … got to keep on .

Bestwishes, m
Old 01-03-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Struggling a bit tonight guys. I'm on day 4 and have hardly slept the last 4 nights and I'm exhausted. I drank to get to sleep for about 5 years so obviously my AV is having a massive tantrum today so I figured I'd join you guys, tonight could be a long one.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hoping the entire garlic bread I just necked will put the cravings at bay :p
Old 01-03-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Grindlow ,
don't forget to reach out if your feeling grim … also have a read through Dees' thread about CarolDs' tips if you haven't .

persevere , m
Old 01-03-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I am in. Checking in at one p.m. and surprised at how many posts already. Below zero F temps. Snowing almost continuously since NYE. Not too bad if you bundle up in the right gear. at work. falling asleep because just took cold medication. really feeling bleah. hope to get some rest this weekend. dont know about that. kidsgo back to school monday. that will be a shock. chaos on monday. should
Old 01-03-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Went for a long bike ride today... nearly blown off several times! gonna have a nice warm bath, cup of tea and an early night!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'm in and ready to spend the first weekend of the new year sober. It is 12 degrees here with blowing snow so will be staying in today/tonight trying to find fun things to do with my 3 year old. Unfortunately, it's too cold to build a snowman (at least for me anyway ) Hubby is going to make chili tomorrow and we are going to stay in and watch the Eagles/Saints playoff game. Go Eagles!

Stay strong and hope you all have a great and sober weekend. Just remember, come here and post BEFORE that first drink
Old 01-03-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan Ladybug except for the Go Eagles part....they're going to get stomped tomorrow!!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Haha, Oldselfagain, you're probably right
Old 01-03-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Ladybug I was expecting more push back than that! Actually I'm a Giants fan...season ticket holder, so I have to root against the Eagles.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Maybe I'll watch football. Maybe not. Bears eliminated in final season game. And then stupidly re-signed quarterback to a seven year contract. Well, I can't see that they will get their money's worth but it isn't my decision.

Not falling asleep anymore which is a good thing. I think supervisors tend to frown upon that when one is at one's desk. Piles of paperwork to address. End of the month statistics, etc. etc.

Grindilow, garlic bread sounds good. I find that candy helps, or something sweet, to deal with urges. My sponsor said she carried pieces of hard candy around with her for years, just in case.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
SeaScape

I'm in!!! Sounds like this is the place to be for the weekend Glad to be a part of this community!
Old 01-03-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders!

My day at work is almost complete. I will stop by the grocery on the way home to stock up on necessities so I can attempt to not leave the house for the whole weekend. All the pomp & circumstance from the holiday season has left me a little bit exhausted.
I will probably put my house back together and may even start a little spring cleaning. The pork butt from last weekend was superbly fabulous and I would really like to do that again.
And I still have yet to paint the dog.

I hope everyone has some wonderful, sober plans for the weekend!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grindilow View Post
Hoping the entire garlic bread I just necked will put the cravings at bay :p
Well, if it doesn't, try ice cream. I told myself I could eat whatever I wanted for the first week or two, and then it would be time to start eating healthy again.
I read somewhere that sugar and honey help with anxiety, which is probably what's behind a lot of our cravings - feeling jumpy, anxious, nervous, whatever.
I'm in the middle of day 10. It's late Friday morning here in California. Actually, for the first time last night I did not eat dessert. The sugar/carb cravings are starting to subside. I feel great. It occurred to me that even tho one of the reasons I drank was because I felt kind of depressed a lot of the times, guess what? I think alcohol was the culprit because now that it is out of my system, I feel more upbeat and energetic and open to life than I have in years. I gotta remember this when I'm tempted.

Congratulations on Day 4 - You rock! That was a tough day for me because I didn't feel so crappy as I did the first couple of days, so the urge to do what I habitually did every day (drink) was popping up.