Notices

Jetzt makes an introduction

Old 09-11-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Jetzt makes an introduction

I thought I'd make an introduction thread. I am Jetzt and I have been an alcoholic for around 6 years. I enjoy it but it has reached the point of seriously decreasing my functionality as an entity.

I come before you in a grandiose possibly bipolar and/or alcohol fueled state to enter my being unto you. I am self destructive, I'm a narcissist, I'm a homosexual, I'm an anti-religious self righteous person whilst having an overlay of a seperate simultaneous conscience that allows me to identify my flaws, I care only about getting what I want and when I want it and I bring anarchy into every internet location that I enter.

My only concern at the moment is to prevent my own physical death although I may find it entertaining. I am a misanthrope that hates nearly everyone that exists( I will patience test people so that only the most tolerant may enter my circle of trusted beings), an observer in the world, I rarely participate in anything in this world so perhaps through solipsism I can observe my own death.

I have mild liver disease and a stomach ulcer and go into severe body shakes every morning before getting a drink and may have had one of two seizures but the medical system here is too incompetent to give me a reliable answer.

If I could flip a switch that completely deconstructed all of humanities social constructs and belief systems then I would.

That is my introduction, I am Jetzt.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

so whats your plan to stay sober Jetzt?

D
Old 09-11-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wish someone would tell me the answer to that, I think I need a substitute substance like lithium or clonidine.

EDIT: Both of those are legally prescribed drugs, they're just hard to get with the state of the health service in my area. Although they probably are the ideal solution.

EDIT AGAIN: For now, talking to people might have to do.

EDIT AGAIN: It was a melodramatic introduction though, was it not?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh well, good luck.

..and welcome.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

haha, yes it was quite the introduction Jetz I almost spit my water all over the screen..
Old 09-11-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome. Best of luck.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Already had 2 K ciders and a guinness, so 10 units...so it's not going that well at 9.48
Old 09-11-2013, 01:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Seeing your Dr is probably the best move for detox. They'll prescribe whatever drugs they think are necessary or suitable.

Have you given any thought to how you'll stay sober once you get sober?

D
Old 09-11-2013, 01:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

Wow, that is a lot of labels you have used to describe yourself. There is no magic switch but you can get help is you let yourself. Accepting help was my biggest hurdle.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The national health service in my area was so bad that they couldn't even prescribe any drugs after 2 months of me attending well over 10 appointments. So, it's not like I haven't attempted help.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am sorry if I came across that way. I was not suggesting that you haven't. Coming here is a way of asking for help.

I was speaking of myself. I go to AA, and that was reaching out for help but I also had to accept that help. Just going was not going to keep me sober or solve my problems. I had to let others help me and to take their suggestions. That was a hard swallow for me as I always ran the show or at least I thought I did.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome jez, I hope someone somewhere can help you.
This is a great forum, keep talking to us.
X
Old 09-11-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR jetzt.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey jetz firstly welcome. I get the sense you are quite guarded. Suited armor, moat built, your own private sanctuary. Guarded can be good but you need to let people in! There are well doers who want to genuinely get to know you, who may not want to stick around for your "tests". Your here so part of you must long for comradery, because that's whst we do here.

Try to open yourself up as part of that plan. Let people in! The professionals who haven't been able to help you as if yet after 10 sessions may be failing because they are talking to a brick wall.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jetzt View Post
The national health service in my area was so bad that they couldn't even prescribe any drugs after 2 months of me attending well over 10 appointments. So, it's not like I haven't attempted help.

Many ex-drinkers spent years blaming everything and everybody else for their woes. The responsibility for getting sober lies with ourselves though in my experience.

I sense you really want to do something about your drinking or you wouldn't be spending time here. Why not phone a local AA contact or just pop into a local meeting. You will find details and info on-line.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Somewhere along the drinking path, some of us start questioning. Alcohol sells me a complete lie. but comes wrapt up in a bow promising stuff it just doesn't deliver....
It tries to kill me....

keep coming back... I bet jetz hates stupid smileys too.... so heres a couple for ya... completely over stated! welcome:-)
Old 09-11-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Given your description of your health and level of alcohol consumption, I really can't recommend anything else than getting medical assistance for the detoxing and recovery.

You mentioned that the medical help in your area is not good. Which is an embarrassment to the government in my opinion. But you could still give it another go and simply go to your doc, sit down and tell him/her just like it is. You drink far too much, are already sick and need help getting sober.

I hope that works. In any case, I wish you the best of luck. And keep us posted!
Old 09-11-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Jetzt - hello and welcome

I take it you are in the UK with the nhs reference - I went to my GP who referred me to a smart programme - my GP was totally useless too so maybe you can skip the GP - google SMART and go straight there?! Apparently they can help with drugs like Antabuse / counselling - just a thought in any-case

Good luck with it - there's loads of kind / knowledgable people here to help xx
Old 09-14-2013, 11:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

So, I woke up this morning and don't really remember the last week. I'm simply aware that I drank and masturbated a lot and am in a constant state of delirium tremens even after drinking. I thought this location of the internet would be a fun place to attend. I literally look like a young version of ozzy osbourne( With the posture, shakes and bizarre speech pattern too).