SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Last binge Finally!? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/306059-last-binge-finally.html)

Twistedhero 09-01-2013 10:46 AM

Last binge Finally!?

Hello there we'll have some fun in my recovery time, This has been a long time coming believe me!
The final straw was last weekend the final showdown the be all and end all of slips falls stumbles off the wagon that I can recall for a while.
It started with a drink with an old friend a social call a catch up a **** up a mess up a god damn 4 day bender.
It's so easy to get hold of alcohol without even leaving the house so the local shop keeper does not think your a stinky alky, Internet fast food and booze to your door so even when your mrs has all your cash bank cards credit cards etc etc you still have the tools if you still have a memory?? I knew my credit card number off by heart so it's so so easy to order a nice pizza and a bottle of vodka!!
2 litres of vodka and several bottles of wine later. Yeah 4 days later here I am all dt eed out yep the full month this time spiders flies visions shakes nightmares anxiety sweats heart palps the works.
Hence why I am here I ain't willing to embarrass myself no more! Ever! And this time it's war I got something on my side? The power to believe in myself and the medication to reset my brain to when I was Normal, yes when I was 10 yrs old, it's been a long time coming but I had to give in and get help in the form of Campral! Has anyone or is anyone on this med please advise on how it works for you? Had really bad pain on my right side since this last binge and I know I have hurt myself inside any ideas?
I'm on my 3rd day on this and feel a little better I know it's not gonna work straight away however I'm giving it a go!
Sorry for the long message but I never done this before and I got loads to say, Just come clean with family too so I am a little hyper. Happy hyper.:a108::react

ZoeM 09-01-2013 10:54 AM

Hi and welcome to SR :) Sounds like you're ready to kick this once and for all - good for you!! :You_Rock_

ReadyAtLast 09-01-2013 10:55 AM

Hello twistedhero

I've no experience with Campral,just wantedto say welcome to SR :)

hayley86 09-01-2013 10:59 AM

Hi twistedhero,
Wanted to say welcome also. You will find lots of support here. Wishing you well.

Twistedhero 09-01-2013 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by ZoeM (Post 4154191)
Hi and welcome to SR :) Sounds like you're ready to kick this once and for all - good for you!! :You_Rock_

Hi there thanks so much, I will rock when I kick this for good! This times for keeps,This time it's for me.:thanks:thanks

Twistedhero 09-01-2013 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast (Post 4154194)
Hello twistedhero

I've no experience with Campral,just wantedto say welcome to SR :)

Many thanks ill keep everyone posted about it.:thanks:thanks

Twistedhero 09-01-2013 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by ZoeM (Post 4154191)

Kick this for good!:thanks

jaynie04 09-01-2013 11:06 AM

Hi Twisted....welcome!

Twistedhero 09-01-2013 12:33 PM

That's totally on the money thanks:tyou

CuteNGayYay 09-01-2013 01:20 PM

I had a 3-4 day binge the last week. I seem to have em once or twice a month and everytime I'm done it takes 3 days to feel "normal" again". Today is my day 7 and I feel great! So congrats to you for taking the step and let's get er done :D

Twistedhero 09-01-2013 01:34 PM

Wow that's a pretty awsome and quiet moving reply many thanks I'm just going to bed so tired my energy is zapped natural sleep awaits me for I shall not let this beat me for when I'm asleep there no way it can creep upon me or the dark cloud has gone and for sure I shall sing a song :tyou

Dee74 09-01-2013 02:07 PM

Welcome Twistedhero :)

good to have you here - apart from the campral whats your plan to stay sober? :)

If you're in pain, why not see the Dr about it when you get the campral?

D

sugarbear1 09-01-2013 02:15 PM

join us in the chat room tonite!

pinkdog 09-01-2013 02:17 PM

Hi hero, great job going to the doctor. We are here for you. :ring

Twistedhero 09-01-2013 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4154427)
Welcome Twistedhero :)

good to have you here - apart from the campral whats your plan to stay sober? :)

If you're in pain, why not see the Dr about it when you get the campral?

D

Good morning and thanks for your message it's great having some extra support through SR I'm gonna focus on myself and eat great food not junk food as we all should know that when alcohol takes over junk food goes hand in hand because of the cravings for salt apparently!
Drinking different fizzy juices like elderberry and ginger, fresh fruit smoothies and hopefully will begin to repair my internal damage,Play squash again that's gonna be much more fun without the vodka seeping through my pores,And counselling so I can get some kind of answer without me trying to find it because now I know I can never drink alcohol ever again then I have no other reason but to continue my sober path and on a spiritual level I'm starting. Meditation see if I can focus on the positives and not the negs,This time is my time however any input and ideas from anyone would e fantastic.:ring