Notices

Son Robbed us again

Old 09-01-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Son Robbed us again

Our 22 yr old son robbed our cash. 4k. Its our life savings.He has a drug problem, and abusive. I have decided Im just using it to get stronger, No more running to bottle. Nope, I'll walk it off in morning. I'm going to leave it alone. I'm done. He got his own problem. He will be Dead or in Jail. No intervention possible, He has no job, no money and no car or insurance. Cold as ice in my soul. I told my family to stop giving him everything, they didn't listen, I drank to stop the pain. Now ill get well and move on with my life.

Jackasses can pick up their own pieces.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Rndz7, and I am so sorry for what happened with your son. I am also glad that you have decided that drinking isn't going to help anything.

My brother is also an addict and has stolen my mother blind for years. She was always a drinker but the further he slipped, the more she drank. She just couldn't believe that her "flesh and blood" could do such awful things. She didn't (and to a point still doesn't) understand addiction.

Unfortunately your decision, although very painful for sure, is likely the right one. You cannot allow your son to continue to steal from you or abuse you and your loved ones because of his addiction.

I am not a parent but also had to come to the same decision with my brother and my father before that so I do understand. The very best thing you can do right now is be kind to yourself and not allow his actions to influence you to drink. Although it seems to provide a temporary fix, it almost always makes matters worse.

In any case, you are in my thoughts and I wish you some peace and serenity tonight.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I too am so sorry about your Son. I understand how we expect our Family and Friends to be respectful of our heart, our time, our finances, etc. Unfortunately, when addiction enters the picture, the expectations don't hold up and we are disappointed and hurt. I speak from my own experience. I have turned some members over to God and pray for their happiness and success. I find that, although walking is too painful at this time, swimming works for me to help ease some of the heartaches. I'll be praying for you and hoping that you will truly find serenity in all this. Turning to my Higher Power has helped me and if I decide to take over myself I get in an awful mess emotionally. Best to you, Ipanema
Old 09-01-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sorry Rndz.

Drinking will not help, be strong.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this. I'm glad you are resolved to taking care of well-being.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Rndz7 but I admire your resolve

D
Old 09-01-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I think you are doing the best thing for you. Stay sober and take care of yourself and let your son take care of himself.