Notices

Spouse if a meth addict

Old 08-19-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Spouse if a meth addict

Hoping someone can help me. My spouse of 15yrs just admitted to using meth for the last two years. She had been sober for 13 prior to that. They admitted it in order to get sober. It has been 2 weeks now since she last used and the relationship is starting to get strained because I feel like she has been lying to me for the past few days. She is doing everything to convince me but that seems to make me feel like its a cover. I am hoping someone can help me to control my feelings of being lied too and how to best help the recovery. I think the last couple days I have made it worse by accusing but still have doubts.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I've said it before, meth is the devil incarnate. Just wanted to welcome you.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Beast! Welcome to SR. Sorry for what you are going through. Meth is evil!!! Other than welcoming you I don't think I would be of much help . Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will post later.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Meth is the one drug where I felt it took me to hell and back. I was an addict for 8 months in my early 20s and was fortunate enough to drop it and never look back.

I believe youll know when she has stopped using completely. Its a drug that affects you on such a deep level that its hard to cover up when using. I wish the best for both of you!! Its a hell of a drug to quit, but definitely can be done if she wants it bad enough.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Welcome to SR.