Notices

This website is so hard to understand??? Help

Old 08-18-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This website is so hard to understand??? Help

I spent reading for hours last night,....on day 2 now but I must say I am completely lost on where to go, do I post a new thread each time I want to post or do I jump into someone else and this class do I join that...know im still going thru withdraw but no sleep and this website like I said is very hard to navigate exp in my condition....please help!
Old 08-18-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Anyone here??
Old 08-18-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello

I would recommend joining the August clas.It's full of people at the same stage of sobriety as you and going through the same thing. You can post daily,weekly, ten times daily as much or as little as you want on there and the class goes on forever. It's great for posting general thoughts and feelings, ideas, problems,sobreity struggles etc on an ongoing basis. I'm in the Dec 2012 class and still post on there every week

The Newcomers threads tend to be more fast moving and you'll get quicker responses thought it's pretty quiet now,Sunday afternoon/night etc. You can update the thread you've started or start a new thread for responses if you have a specific issue/feeling you would like to discuss.

There are also forums for specific interests such as biking, christians, a mens room, healthy eating and lots more

It seems daunting at first but you'll get the hang of it. don't worry and happy reading
Old 08-18-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi Minnesota, I'm responding right now, please give me a minute

and
Old 08-18-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you...how do I join the class?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Minnesota--

Yes, as ReadyatLast said, come look at the Class of August thread. There are a lot of us there and we post a lot. How about you go introduce yourself over there right now...I'll meet you there
Old 08-18-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You don't have to do anything to join. Just find Class of August 2013, type a message, and hit reply.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Is this your first time using a message board? Please respond and we'll go from there. I'm trying to determine if you are looking for particular places to go or if you are not familiar at all and are trying to figure the whole thing out.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Minn. We are pretty flexible group. If you have something new feel free to start a new thread. Or if you would like to join a thread feel free to post there too. I tend to post in threads currently running but that is just me...so far. You'll get the hang of it soon.
  # 10 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Looks like you're all set
  # 11 (permalink)  
LDT

Just go to that thread Minnesota, and introduce yourself by posting. You will be warmly welcomed.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
Hi Minnesota--

Yes, as ReadyatLast said, come look at the Class of August thread. There are a lot of us there and we post a lot. How about you go introduce yourself over there right now...I'll meet you there
Do I go to the last page cause I remember seeing a couple different August class I and II I think....how do I do that? Not very computer updated...sorry and just confused....
Old 08-18-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Minnesota, day 2? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. I was completely lost at day 2 and a whole bunch of days after that too. I just kept talking about staying sober and responding to peoples threads, picked up information from them and I am now 3 years sober. Rootin for ya.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The August class will be in the Newcomers to Recovery section--I think it says Part 2. Start here.

(Part 1 was the first 10 days then it starts again because it gets really long).

I think there are about five pages now in that thread. Read through them (if you want, you don't have to), then just type a message and hit 'reply'.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Heres a link for the August class.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-19.html
Old 08-18-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Is this your first time using a message board? Please respond and we'll go from there. I'm trying to determine if you are looking for particular places to go or if you are not familiar at all and are trying to figure the whole thing out.
Trying to figure the whole thing out.lol..I was sent a link to the Aug class tho...just don't know how to get back once I log out...
Old 08-18-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Minnesota, welcome! Keep going on the sobriety. It will get easier. If you want to post a new subject, use a new thread. If you want to respond to someone else, click on thanks and the reply will pop up. The weekends are slower here. Will be busier during the week. Hang in there.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

glad you're getting the hang of it.It just takes practice
Old 08-18-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Minnesota81713 View Post
Trying to figure the whole thing out.lol..I was sent a link to the Aug class tho...just don't know how to get back once I log out...
You can just bookmark the website and find it anytime you want.

If you log out when you leave, you can just log in when you come back. It's in the top right corner.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

FAQ means Frequently Asked Questions, and Sober Recovery has collected a bunch of them together in one place, along with answers. You might find em handy.SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - FAQ

Take some time and look around, Minnesota, I know you will find your way quickly. Please keep reading, posting and asking questions, just as you did here. There is a life without addiction for you out there, and SR can be a great big help. It was for me.