SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Friday.... Saturday.... Sunday.... Sober! Sober! Sober! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/302101-friday-saturday-sunday-sober-sober-sober.html)

Weasel1966 07-26-2013 04:57 AM

Friday.... Saturday.... Sunday.... Sober! Sober! Sober!

You can greet this weekend with fear and trepidation.

You can greet it with remorse for past failures.

It can greet you, seemingly, with a buffet of temptations.

It can greet you with real problems to face.

My heart used to flutter Friday mornings. From the anticipation.

My mind was heaviest this day. From the struggled between want and need.

How does one turn this pattern off....change it into something new or different?

Addiction has no light switch. For me it was a slow sunset on my life. No light.... Then after some time of really wanting it... Trying and failing. Getting back up... It has become a slow sunrise once again.

Take time this weekend and put none of the feelings or troubles or others in front of our number one objective.

Stay sober. Join us here and share what you are doing. Nothing is to mundane. Nothing is so tragic that we would not want to hear.

:)

K

visch1 07-26-2013 05:05 AM

I will take pleasure in my simple surroundings that so many pay a lot to enjoy. I also have the reality that the white stuff will be painting and changing the view with a different beauty. BE WELL

Weasel1966 07-26-2013 07:24 AM

Bump!

Calling all weekenders!

Louise82 07-26-2013 07:48 AM

I'm in! Thanks for starting the thread and for a great OP, Weasel. I definitely need the reminder to keep things simple and focus on our number one objective.

I was hoping to spend tomorrow with my mum but it looks like I'll have to do some work instead. I'm definitely taking Sunday off - going to spend it relaxing because heaven knows I need a break.

Here's to a sober weekend everyone. :ring

Olive1 07-26-2013 07:52 AM

Last weekend my dog overworked himself and now has a serious back injury. Supposed to keep him crated for the next 4 to 6 weeks. After 4 days of medicine and rest he is now feeling ever so much better. But how do you tell a 7 year old super hyper Aussie that he needs no activity for a long while? :(

We are laying low. I will be reading SR all weekend.:)

Isaiah 07-26-2013 07:56 AM

That's right!

I'm looking forward to a very enjoyable weekend.

But sobriety comes before all other plans. If I'm drunk the whole house of cards is going to fall. Nothing will happen but consuming my own inevitable guilt.

Going to my homegroup AA meeting around noon. The rest of my day starts from there.

Hope4Life 07-26-2013 08:09 AM

I LOVE weekends!

On friday I have the great pleasure of fixing a KILLER BBQ for my good friend and watching music DVDs played through my stereo at loud volume.

Sat, my cousin is coming over to help me install a new dishwasher. No more standing at the sink doing dishes! woooohoooo!

On Sun I am hoping to go for a walk in the redwoods and take some time to be grateful for my beautiful surroundings.

SOBER is my new HIGH!!

Have a GREAT W/E everyone!

Ptcapote 07-26-2013 08:51 AM

I'm in! Finally got a break from the wicked humidity and although still hot, seems like it might actually shape up to be a pleasant weekend.

Heading up to Philly after work and then planning to spend the weekend cooking. My friend just harvested a whole lotta summer tomatoes and while they are Philly tomatoes and not Jersey tomatoes (the best tomatoes in the world, IMHO), they are still yummy.

See you all here later and thanks Ken for starting this weekend's thread :)

trikyriky 07-26-2013 09:32 AM

you don't have to do this alone... there's strength in numbers

P Capote : You are becoming quite the gardner

I'm in after bagging 14 days

I'll need you guys

Let's do this

Weasel1966 07-26-2013 09:46 AM

Ricky... We will certainly be here for you and with you.

Dorris 07-26-2013 10:43 AM

I here, hanging on :(

I really need this thread this weekend.

Don't know what's wrong with me or where the feeling has come from but all I want to do is have a drink. Arrrrhhh!!

Can't wait to go to bed

Jeni26 07-26-2013 10:48 AM

Hey Dorris, keep hanging in there... PM me if you want a chat xx

bloss 07-26-2013 11:58 AM

I'm in too

Dorris 07-26-2013 12:04 PM

Thanks Jeni, I've just sent my husband to the shop to get me the biggest fat cream cake they have and said if their not big and fat get me two lol

Tea n cake and romcom for me xx

mecanix 07-26-2013 12:08 PM

Hey Weekenders ,
Cooler here in blighty at the moment so i hope some nice comfortable sleeping is on the cards :)
Stayed late after work and got the power polisher onto the car to attack some scratches on the hood some local childs dog left when trying to climb my car to get at the cat on the roof , can't see them from about 4 yards away now so it aint that bad ..

Cherries are in season at the moment and i am loving this years harvest , blackberries are begining to form on the bushes .. i also saw some gooseberries in the greengrocer this morning .. i might make a fool next week :)

No plans to drink , no urges , the odd thought sometimes floats by but it is just a ghost and i can't take it seriously as i can remember clearly my last hangover and how selfish drinking had made me .

Keep climbing out from underwater and out the tides and up sober beach where living is easyer , y'all.
i'm ringing out the freedom bell for you at the top of the beach here... where we can all play, laugh and enjoy what life has left to give us, in it for the ups and downs , living in freedom till the day i die .

Bestwishes, m

Jeni26 07-26-2013 12:31 PM

Dorris-there ain't much in life that a cream cake can't fix. Lol. I'm stuffing my face with crisps at the moment....bacon wheat crunchies. Yum.

Ok I'm in this weekend. It's supposed to absolutely tip it down over the weekend in the south -east of England. That's scuppered any plans I had for working in the garden. I might have to actually face the housework I've been religiously avoiding for the past 3 days. Yuk.

No plans to drink, no cravings at all. It honestly does get easier. But those early weekends, I remember them well. Hang in there everybody x

trikyriky 07-26-2013 12:52 PM

short & sweet

Weasel : You'd man

Dorris : Success = you / me / all weekenders

Food : Cream cake MMmmmmm

15 freekin days , I can't help to be excited

So far So good

It's Steak for me , I'm treating myself

Tr

mecanix 07-26-2013 01:13 PM

Hey Ricky ,
15 days is awesome :You_Rock_, enjoy your steak ..

steady as you go otherwise , just keep knocking those days and hours out ..

I tried to give myself a good few months of good solid sober routine before i ventured out of it, as i really , really , really never want to drink ever again . :)

Bestwishes, m

GhostFace 07-26-2013 01:16 PM

The weekend is definitely the hardest for me. Its usually when I fail in my sobriety. So far I have 5 days without a drink and I just turned one down from a friend at the barbershop.

So my plan for this sunny afternoon is:

-Gym to workout my shoulders
- Read a chapter of Today Matters by John C. Maxwell
- Watch a flick

Bless all ya and let's stay sober this Friday

Ladybug2 07-26-2013 02:06 PM

Hi all, I am in for a sober weekend after slipping, again, on Wednesday night. Day 2 and going to stay sober and enjoy this weekend with my husband and daughter. No more hangovers!